IGNORED

PAL Collecting

Cybertom

Hi Guys,

i know most of you don't really like collecting PAL Stuff - but hey - there are some really, really nice rarities out there - so look what you are missing ;)

Technovision, Dynamics, Carrere, Ariola, Video Gems, Rainbow Vision, Homevision, and lots more

As the Homevision Games are bringing up record prices around 300$ and up if you can find them even boxed also the Technovision (some went for over 300 Euros in the past) i also haven't seen the HES Games in the small blister packing very often anyway you can't find much information about them.

In my opinion all the "PAL only" games are quite underrated and it's time to bring them a little bit more into the hotspot of us collectors and also US Collectors ;)

So let's collect some pictures of thoese "PAL only" rarities here in this thread - for me i have attached all my rare ones in this post.

Happy "PAL Collecting"

Tom

P.S. of course happy collecting even non PAL ;)

post-1574-126624274551_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624350241_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624354125_thumb.jpg

post-1574-12662435531_thumb.jpg

post-1574-12662435672_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624357892_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624360789_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624362146_thumb.jpg

post-1574-12662436387_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624365672_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624368331_thumb.jpg

post-1574-126624369431_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi.

@Jörg - are they PAL only ? Can you send pictures of the carts ? I'm still looking for a silver Asteroids Box - as i have the cart but never seen the silver style box.

btw. the R2-D2 is off topic ;)

greetings

Tom

Tom,

These are Atari games from New Zealand, distributed by Monaco:

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-publisher_38-1-25-2559_2_G.html

Don't mistake the Monaco Asteroids:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-asteroids_19546.html

with the one you most probably have:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-asteroids_18102.html

8)

Hi.

@Jörg - are they PAL only ? Can you send pictures of the carts ? I'm still looking for a silver Asteroids Box - as i have the cart but never seen the silver style box.

btw. the R2-D2 is off topic ;)

greetings

Tom

Yes, they are PAL only New Zealand boxes.....the carts have a silver foil with round corners! I will bring them to our

meeting than you can have a closer look at them.

adventure.jpg

I have 300+ carts in my 2600 collection and only one of them are NTSC.

I have 2600 plus carts in my collection...forgot how many are PAL, but I agree taht PAL collecting is underrated in the USA.....

Maybe cause you dont really find them out in the wild as much as the NTSC carts or maybe its cause we cant play em?

Who knows for usre, but the artwork looks so much cooler on some of the PAL exclusive titles....

Found that one for RomHunter that one time....Pharoah's Curse...good game there....

Looks like I'm going to have to modify some Atari games to add the New Zealand games to the variation list. Iwan, can you do me a favor and scan the carts front and end labels and the front and back of the boxes that are from New Zealand, and email them to me? Thanks.

Phil

pdispenza@verizon.net

Yup........but it will take some time because I am moving this month!

Looks like I'm going to have to modify some Atari games to add the New Zealand games to the variation list. Iwan, can you do me a favor and scan the carts front and end labels and the front and back of the boxes that are from New Zealand, and email them to me? Thanks.

Phil

pdispenza@verizon.net

Yup........but it will take some time because I am moving this month!

I'm in no rush. In fact if you send them to Rom, I can always download them from his site. I need to get working on the site again this week.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

I'm in no rush. In face if you send them to Rom, I can always download them from his site. I need to get working on the site again this week.

Phil

in the meantime you can grab my scans i posted in the scans for rom thread ...

there is actually two variations withthe NZ carts: silver labels and white labels

Edited by jahfish

Nah, collecting NTSC is WAY cooler. :P

Then why is most of the Atari games you buy PAL then ??

Because I can't afford the NTSC versions :D

I agree on that one. That and most of the NTSC are already owned. I'd probably buy more PAL stuff if it was available in the US. My guess is that I have about 100 PAL games.

Phil