IGNORED

"Your" Top 25 Intellivision Games

I got the inspiration for this from a topic i recently replied to over at digitpress.com

But i want to do it differently. Instead of trying to come up with a "be all end all" undisputed list of the top 25 Intellivision games of all time, just list your own personal favorites. That makes more sense anyway.

Comments are optional.

These are in order of my most favorite and most played (I have recently purchased some games that i never got the chance to play before so this list could change in the future).

1. Burger Time: The game packed in with my Intellivision II. The game i played the most of all the games i owned. I recently bought this again and broke all my old records.

2. Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball or NBA Basketball: Me and a friend wore these 2 games out. If we wanted more of a NBA feel we would throw in Slam Dunk and if wanted more of a college feel we would play NBA. Slam Dunk was ahead of it's time with being able to draft your own players.

3. Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling: A personal favorite of mine since i am such a huge wrestling fan. Also another game way ahead of it's time. Picking your own move set and even the ability to Sim your own matches. This was even better than the Nes wrestling games in my opinion. And i am a fan of those too.

4. Astrosmash: My Avatar should speak for itself. A combination of Asteroids and Space Invaders. I didn't have an Atari so this was the next best thing. I remember playing this for over an hour straight once as a kid.

5. Shark! Shark!: Simple fun game, eat the fish, kill the shark.

6. Beauty & the Beast: A fun Donkey Kong clone. I liked it better than DK because i was actually good at this game. I sucked at DK. I could have fun either trying to break my high score, or getting to the top of the building and falling off on purpose.

7. Thunder Castle: Awesome music, addicting gameplay. Kind of like if Pac-Man was an Adventure game.

8. Tron Deadly Discs: It's like a futuristic game of Dodge Ball. I have seen a review lately that said the Atari version, even though has worse graphics plays smoother and faster. I'm interested in checking it out.

9. Snafu: Maybe one of the most simplistic games ever made and still one of the funnest. Should rank up there with Tetris. I remember having fun just watching the computer play and just seeing who would win. Could be a good betting game like Horse Racing.

10. Night Stalker: I guess this is kind of like Bezerk for the Atari. I don't really have any comments. Just a great game.

11. Super Pro Football: As you can tell i played alot of sports games. My memories of this game aren't as good as others but i do remember playing it a lot with my friend.

12. World Chmpionship Baseball: Great Baseball Game and you can play against the computer.

13. Diner: It's the sequel to Burgertime. This game was fun but hard. And now that i just purchased it again i wonder if it should be higher on my list.

14. Centipede: I have no idea how it compares to other console versions but Centipede was my favorite game in the arcade and this was as close as i could get at home so i loved it.

15. Boxing: I know your gonna say this game sucked but i remember having a lot of fun against my friend playing this.

16. Loco Motion: I loved this game but i also sucked at it. I really need to get this again and see how well i am at it today.

17. Lock 'n' Chase: This is a game i was better at as a kid.

18. Skiing: I was real good at this as a kid.

19. Frog Bog: Catching Flies is fun.

20. Poker & Blackjack: Ya i know i can play this on the computer on any site, but this version is still classic.

21. Motocross: Create your own tracks, enough said.

22. He-Man: I love games that has levels where each one is different than others, example being Thunder Castle.

23: Auto Racing: They did a good job with the illusion that your car was going super fast with the rumbling noise and shaking of the screen.

24: Atlantis: I debated this or Demon Attack. Maybe a tie but i think i played this more.

25: Super Pro Hockey: I loved all the sports games

Games i almost added were

Buzz Bombers

Demon Attack

Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

I own 62 CIB games for the Intellivision, but I don't think I can come up with 25 games that I actually like to play very much on the Intellivision. But here goes:

1. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons

2. Tron Deadly Discs

3. Lock 'N' Chase

4. Bump 'N' Jump

5. Burgertime

6. Night Stalker

7. Utopia

8. Beamrider

9. Space Hawk

10. Star Strike

11. Sharp Shot

12. Triple Action

13. Auto Racing

14. Astrosmash

15. Space Armada

16. SNAFU

17. Frog Bog

18. Happy Trails

19. Shark! Shark!

20. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

21. Reversi

22. Backgammon

23. Checkers

24. Mission-X

25. Royal Dealer

Note, the first few get a lot of play, but each game gets less as you go down the list. Royal Dealer, for example, would be something I'd play perhaps once or twice a year.

Wow, this was hard! I think I'll pull out my INTV tonight so I may edit my list after playing a few of my old favs.icon_smile.gif So, first draft....

1. World Championship Baseball/ML Baseball - I played both of these tons as a kid and again once I reacquired an Inty 10 years ago.

2. Lock-'n'Chase- used to be awesome at this, not as much now, loved making gutsy moves in front of the cops, especially to get the $.

3. Burgertime - nuff said

4. AD&D - my sister was recently over at my place looking at my classic games collection and was talking about how much she loved playing this when we were kids. I went out and bought her an INTV the next day on ebay as a surprise. Gotta share old school gaming as much as we can...

5. Astrosmash - so many hours...

6. Beauty and the Beast - I don't think this game get recognized enough, it was great back in the day.

7. Super Pro Football/NFL Football - they really did get the sports games right. Super Pro was one of the best football games on any console for many years.

8. Slam Dunk Basketball/NBA Basketball - Loved hitting shots from my side of centericon_smile.gif

9. Utopia - father of the sims

10. Tron Maze-a-tron - I may be the only person who liked this game, but I sure played it a lot as a kid.

11. River Raid - Activision made great games

12. Night Stalker - got impossible eventually, but lots of fun

13. Swords and Serpents - another game I loved that I don't think many other did

14. Slap Shot/NHL Hockey - well, I am Canadianicon_smile.gif

15. Shark! Shark! - simple game, lots of fun

16. Bump'n'Jump - great fun

17. Diner- great follow up to Burgertime

18. Body Slam Wrestling - reliving my WWE memories as a kid

19. Dragonfire - Imagic rarely slipped up

20. Popeye - I always liked this as well

21. Tron Deadly Discs - as my avatar might suggest(maybe someone could create a Tron Legacy homebrew for the new movieicon_mrgreen.gif )

22. Motocross - entertaining to me as a kid

23. Atlantis - same debate for me vs Demon Attack, again Imagic got it right most of the time

24. Worm Whomper - it was either this or Buzz Bomber, both were fun

25. Stampede - another Activision title I remember playing a ton as a kid

Not surprisingly lots of overlap but there certainly were many others that could of made this list.

Cheers.

Here's my list, with the caveat that I have somewhere between two-thirds and three-quarters of the Intellivision game library (which is around 120 titles, I think?), so there are a lot of great games I haven't played. Nor do I own any of the handful of homebrews that have been made for the system, some of which are supposed to be terrific.

I also have a bunch of promising titles that I haven't really figured out yet like Truckin', Blockade Runner, and especially AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin. Once I get the chance to figure some of those out, I'm sure a few of them will make this list comfortably.

In reverse order, for dramatic effect:

25. Sea Battle - This was a favorite when I was a kid, haven't played it much since (my girlfriend dislikes it).

24. Sewer Sam - Still figuring this one out, but it's nothing if not ambitious.

23. Snafu - Great music! Sounds like a late '80s NES title by Rare.

22. Skiing - Whoosh!

21. Tennis - Unorthodox perspective, but quite playable. One of the few sports games that grabs me.

20. Pac-Man - A surprisingly challenging port.

19. Stampede - Tough as nails!

18. Space Hawk - I like the lazy, drifting vibe of this game.

17. Tron: Deadly Discs - So satisfying when you take out the Recognizer!

16. Triple Action - The tank game is a great, low-commitment substitute for Combat. The biplanes game is a great way to make my girlfriend want to throw things at the screen.

15. B-17 Bomber - I've only played this in emulation, and it's my main reason for wanting an Intellivoice. "Bandits! 12 o'clock!"

14. Pitfall - It seems almost identical to the VCS version, plays very well on the Inty, and the extra button for vine release is actually quite useful.

13. Ice Trek - Unbelievably frustrating at times, and yet something about it keeps me coming back for more. It's a creative effort, and certainly LOOKS good.

12. Loco-Motion - Mind-bending train game with an uneven difficulty curve.

11. Armor Battle - Could easily be in the top 10 if it had a few more gameplay options. Love those mines!

10. Shark! Shark! - Could easily be in the top 5 if your fish respawned immediately in 2-player games, and/or kept its size after dying.

9. White Water - See #13, but with a tiny bit less frustration.

8. Thunder Castle - I'm still warming up to this one, but it's unquestionably a great technical achievement and rewards the patient player.

7. Atlantis - Starts slow and takes a heck of a time commitment, but once it gets going, it's a real workout that's quite a bit deeper than the Atari title.

6. Championship Tennis - Buggy, rushed, with lots of rough edges -- but it feels more like the real sport than almost any other pre-1990s tennis game.

5. Space Battle - Amazingly sophisticated for 1979, this game can get amazingly intense towards the end. If only it were a bit tougher (even the revised version is a little bit too easy). The Atari version is also excellent.

4. Frog Bog - The ideal casual game. It's a lovely way to spend five minutes, and is obviously crafted with care and humor.

3. Tower of Doom - Perhaps this will have the top spot someday, but certain things about the gameplay are still opaque to me -- the documentation comes up a bit short. Remarkably deep and, like the other two in the top 3, way ahead of its time.

2. Utopia - When I think Intellivision, I think Utopia. It plays to all the console's strengths, and is the perfect example of how it offered an experience fundamentally different from that of other consoles at the time. Long overdue for a sequel!

1. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain - Close to a perfect game. The difficulty level is tuned very well, and a full game takes just the right amount of time: neither too quick, nor mind-numbingly long. Its only major shortcoming (the fact that you can't run and shoot at the same time without using two controllers) is the fault of the system, and doesn't end up mattering that much anyway. Great use of sound, randomness, and strategy.

Edited by thegoldenband

I'll just throw these down, and not in order of greatness:

1. Burgertime

2. Beauty And The Beast

3. Frog Bog

4. Snafu

5. Night Stalker

6. Pac-Man

7. Carnival

8. Lock 'N Chase

9. Dig Dug

10. Tron Deadly Discs

11. Astrosmash

12. Las Vegas Blackjack & Poker

13. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Adventure On Cloudy Mountain

14. Beamrider

15. Venture

16. Ladybug

17. Utopia

18. Shark! Shark!

19. Tutankhamn

20. World Series Baseball

21. NFL Football

22. Microsurgeon

23. Pinball

24. Worm Whomper

25. Armor Battle

Here's my list, with the caveat that I have somewhere between two-thirds and three-quarters of the Intellivision game library (which is around 120 titles, I think?), so there are a lot of great games I haven't played. Nor do I own any of the handful of homebrews that have been made for the system, some of which are supposed to be terrific.

I also have a bunch of promising titles that I haven't really figured out yet like Truckin', Blockade Runner, and especially AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin. Once I get the chance to figure some of those out, I'm sure a few of them will make this list comfortably.

25. Sea Battle - This was a favorite when I was a kid, haven't played it much since (my girlfriend dislikes it).

22. Skiing - Whoosh!

21. Tennis - Unorthodox perspective, but quite playable. One of the few sports games that grabs me.

16. Triple Action - The tank game is a great, low-commitment substitute for Combat. The biplanes game is a great way to make my girlfriend want to throw things at the screen.

15. B-17 Bomber - I've only played this in emulation, and it's my main reason for wanting an Intellivoice. "Bandits! 12 o'clock!"

14. Pitfall - It seems almost identical to the VCS version, plays very well on the Inty, and the extra button for vine release is actually quite useful.

13. Ice Trek - Unbelievably frustrating at times, and yet something about it keeps me coming back for more. It's a creative effort, and certainly LOOKS good.

11. Armor Battle - Could easily be in the top 10 if it had a few more gameplay options. Love those mines!

10. Shark! Shark! - Could easily be in the top 5 if your fish respawned immediately in 2-player games, and/or kept its size after dying.

8. Thunder Castle - I'm still warming up to this one, but it's unquestionably a great technical achievement and rewards the patient player.

7. Atlantis - Starts slow and takes a heck of a time commitment, but once it gets going, it's a real workout that's quite a bit deeper than the Atari title.

6. Championship Tennis - Buggy, rushed, with lots of rough edges -- but it feels more like the real sport than almost any other pre-1990s tennis game.

5. Space Battle - Amazingly sophisticated for 1979, this game can get amazingly intense towards the end. If only it were a bit tougher (even the revised version is a little bit too easy). The Atari version is also excellent.

4. Frog Bog - The ideal casual game. It's a lovely way to spend five minutes, and is obviously crafted with care and humor.

3. Tower of Doom - Perhaps this will have the top spot someday, but certain things about the gameplay are still opaque to me -- the documentation comes up a bit short. Remarkably deep and, like the other two in the top 3, way ahead of its time.

2. Utopia - When I think Intellivision, I think Utopia. It plays to all the console's strengths, and is the perfect example of how it offered an experience fundamentally different from that of other consoles at the time. Long overdue for a sequel!

1. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain - Close to a perfect game. The difficulty level is tuned very well, and a full game takes just the right amount of time: neither too quick, nor mind-numbingly long. Its only major shortcoming (the fact that you can't run and shoot at the same time without using two controllers) is the fault of the system, and doesn't end up mattering that much anyway. Great use of sound, randomness, and strategy.

I hadn't thought about considering the homebrew titles...since I'm fortunate to have them I would definitely add Space Patrol and Stonix. Hopefully Rick D will also be added to that list later this year. If you want any of the upcoming games, I'd certainly recommend heading over to Beeslife.com to get yourselves on the list. As you mentioned, Ice Trek and White Water could have easily been on my list as well.

I have a complete collection (except for the 2 Euro releases, Tut/Super Cobra)... here's my favs in no particular order:

1. Utopia

2. Tower of Doom

3. Space Patrol

4. Stonix

5. Armor Battle

6. Poker and Blackjack

7. B-17 Bomber

8. Bomb Squad

9. Skiing

10. Bump and Jump

11. Burgertime

12. AD&D: Cloudy Mountain

13. Night Stalker

14. Tron: Deadly Discs

15. Sea Battle

16. Mission X

17. Space Battle

18. Chess

19. Astrosmash

20. Pac-Man

21. Popeye

22. Dreadnaught Factor

23. Thin Ice

24. Football

25. Baseball

22. Skiing - Whoosh!

I really need to try the Dungeons & Dragons games(including Tower of Doom) someday. Looks like i may have missed out on a few great games all these years.

Here goes...

1. Beamrider - (see avatar). The intellivision version was the first version of Beamrider I ever played. I was very impressed with how fluid it plays and how it increments the difficulty level by introducing new enemies every 2-3 sectors. Having to earn your ships (by picking them up) was also a nice touch. I can't count how many times I've been upset at myself for not only killing my extra ship but also myself in the process.

2. Major League Baseball (or World Championship Baseball) - I played this game non-stop one summer. My best friend and I would play every day. He was always the Cubs and I was always the Reds. The amount of control you have in the field was and still is incredible. Definitely a "small ball" game as scores were very low and we'd do anything we could to score a run (or prevent a run). I'm assuming everyone creeps their first baseman up a little after each throw in order to receive the ball just a tiny bit earlier. We would also throw to the wrong base "on purpose" in order to try and fool the baserunner into going for an extra base. If he did, we already had the throw lined up to pass through another player who would "cut it off" and nail him at the next base.

3. Burgertime - My favorite version of Burgertime (including the arcade). Lots of levels and very challenging with great animations.

4. Space Battle - Great game, outstanding graphics! I can still feel my heartrate go up when the enemy gets close enough to my mothership.

5. Swords and Serpents - Same friend and I spent a lot time playing the two player version of this game trading off between controlling the knight and the wizard.

6. AD&D Cloudy Mountain - Ever collect as many arrows as you can just to hear them click away forever while you try to count them?

7. 4-tris - I bought this at the first PhillyClassic I went to. Joe also showed me the Moon Patrol he was working on at the time.

8. Bump N Jump - Great port to the Intellivision.

9. Astrosmash - Lots of fun but it took a loooong time to play 1 game!

10. Utopia - A classic that highlighted the Intellivision at the time.

11. Super Pro Basketball - I also like the ability to draft your own team.

12. Shark! Shark! - A great way to pass time. We always played two player and were usually cooperative.

13. Snafu - I didn't like this game as much as a kid but it's really grown on me since then.

14. Thunder Castle - Great graphics, music and lots of fun. I never played it as a kid and great memories have enhanced the value of some of the other games so this one slips to #14.

15. Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack - We played a ton of this one also. OK, close your eyes while I look at my cards :)

16. Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling - I bought an Intellivision in college and picked this game up at Toys R Us. My roommates and I played for hours. I had one roommate who would laugh hysterically each time he read through the names of the wrestlers. Lots of fun!

17. PBA Bowling - Great job switching from a side-view to a down-the-alley view. Lots of options from right/left hand, to ball weight, to slickness. Almost as fun as real bowling.

18. Lock N Chase - The Intellivision's answer to Pac-man and we liked it! Trapping the cops was a bunch of fun. Trapping yourself was not :(

19. Super Pro Football - I'm sure this one would have rated much higher if I had played Intellivision's NFL Football as a kid but my neighbor didn't have that game.

20. Popeye - Much better than I anticipated. Lots of fun.

21. Tron Deadly Discs - Solid although not outstanding game.

22. Skiing/Super Pro Mountain Madness - I've been down the Intellimountain more times than I can count.

23. Worm Whomper - I never played this game until recently. It's obviously an activision game (and a good one).

24. Pac-man - Great conversion. Too bad I had already played Lock N Chase so many times by the time I got around to this one.

25. Dragonfire - It's a good game and should probably be rated higher but I like the Atari version a little better

Hmmm, tough choices but here goes nothing.

1- Astrosmash

2- Space Armada

3- Shark! Shark!

4- Demon Attack

5- Centipede

6- Night Stalker

7- Tron: Deadly Discs

8- Frogger

9- Venture

10- Carnival

11- Atlantis

12- Dreadnaught Factor

13- Beamrider

14- Pinball

15- Nova Blast

16- Mission X

17- Burgertime

18- Lock 'n Chase

19- River Raid

20- Snafu

21- Stampede

22- Reversi

23- Space Battle

24- Sub Hunt

25- Meteor(if you know the trick!)

I went ahead and put these posts into my database (as a separate table) to take a look at the overall Top 25. I assigned points on a 25-24-23...3-2-1 basis. I also combined the standard and Super Pro titles together since many of us did that in our listing. Let me know if your rankings change and I'll change my records. Here is the Top 25 based on the posts so far...

1. Burgertime - 141 points

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain - 119

2. Astrosmash - 119

4. Utopia - 110

5. Tron Deadly Discs - 108

6. Night Stalker - 104

7. Shark! Shark! - 100

8. Lock N Chase - 90

9. Snafu - 71

10. MLB/World Championship Baseball - 70

11. Beamrider - 68

12. Bump N Jump - 66

13. Beauty and the Beast - 64

14. Frog Bog - 61

15. NBA/Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball - 57

15. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack - 57

17. Space Battle - 55

18. Thunder Castle - 49

19. NFL/Super Pro Football - 48

20. AD&D: Tower of Doom - 47

21. Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling - 41

22. Atlantis - 39

23. Armor Battle - 37

24. Carnival - 35

24. Space Armada - 35

Honorable mention:

Swords & Serpents, Pac-man (34); Skiing, Centipede (33); B-17 Bomber (30); Venture (28); Spack Hawk (25)

edited for a typo that changed the outcome

Edited by cvga
  • Like 1

Games listed most often were:

8 votes

Tron Deadly Discs (5th place overall)

7 votes

Astrosmash (2nd tie)

Burgertime (1st)

Shark! Shark! (7th)

6 votes

AD&D: Cloudy Mountain (2nd tie)

Lock N Chase (8th)

Night Stalker (6th)

Snafu (9th)

Utopia (4th)

5 votes

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (15th)

MLB/World Championship Baseball (10th)

NFL/Super Pro Football (19th)

4 votes

Atlantis (22nd)

Beamrider(11th)

Bump N Jump (12th)

Frog Bog (14th)

Pac-man (HM)

Skiing (HM)

Space Battle (17th)

• Like 3

I went ahead and put these posts into my database (as a separate table) to take a look at the overall Top 25. I assigned points on a 25-24-23...3-2-1 basis. I also combined the standard and Super Pro titles together since many of us did that in our listing. Let me know if your rankings change and I'll change my records. Here is the Top 25 based on the posts so far...

1. Burgertime - 141 points

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain - 119

2. Astrosmash - 119

4. Utopia - 110

5. Tron Deadly Discs - 108

6. Night Stalker - 104

7. Shark! Shark! - 100

8. Lock N Chase - 90

9. Snafu - 71

10. MLB/World Championship Baseball - 70

11. Beamrider - 68

12. Bump N Jump - 66

13. Beauty and the Beast - 64

14. Frog Bog - 61

15. NBA/Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball - 57

15. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack - 57

17. Space Battle - 55

18. Thunder Castle - 49

19. NFL/Super Pro Football - 48

20. AD&D: Tower of Doom - 47

21. Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling - 41

22. Atlantis - 39

23. Armor Battle - 37

24. Carnival - 35

24. Space Armada - 35

Honorable mention:

Swords & Serpents, Pac-man (34); Skiing, Centipede (33); B-17 Bomber (30); Venture (28); Spack Hawk (25)

edited for a typo that changed the outcome

Great idea! Hopefully others will add their lists. Thanks for doing this.

• Like 1

I am surprised(personally) that AD&D: Cloudy Mountain gets all the love. I would play Treasure of Tarmin over Cloudy Mountain if I only had time for a game or two. Huh... just goes to show tastes differ but hey... we enjoy them all! :)

After 10 or 11 the games are just based on what I WOULD play. I doubt I could rank them beyond that. This list also assumes I have a 2nd person to play against if needed. :)

1 - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Treasure of Tarmin

2 - Space Spartans

3 - Sea Battle

4 - Night Stalker

5 - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Cloudy Mountain

6 - B-17 Bomber

7 - Loco-Motion

8 - Space Battle

9 - Triple Action (Biplanes specifically)

10 - Utopia

11 - Bomb Squad

12 - Microsurgeon

13 - Happy Trails!

14 - NFL Football

15 - Tower of Doom

16 - Dragonfire

17 - Tron Solar Sailer

18 - Tron Deadly Discs

19 - Astrosmash

20 - Auto Racing

21 - Truckin'

22 - Pitfall!

23 - Space Hawk

24 - Thunder Castle

25 - Lock N' Chase

Edited by ClassicGMR

1-MLB Baseball --- I probably played over 1 million games, I still have some blisters on my fingers ... almost 30 years later!

2-Lock N' Chase --- a lot better than pac-man, also this version is better than the arcade

3-Night Stalker --- One game would take me many hours to complete

4-Astrosmash --- Still one of the greatest shooter

5-Truckin' --- The first simulation game i ever played, the map that came with the game was very nice.

6-Auto Racing --- I was in a champion chip tournament.

7-NHL Hockey -- Fun head to head game --- GO Habs GO

8-Atlantis --- Nice graphic, like all Imagic games, good shooter too.

9-Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack --- First game I ever played, came with the model 1

10-Q*bert --- My favorite arcade game, I was very happy to finally play in my living room.

11-Burgertime --- I just recently discover the intellivision version, very well done.

12-Pitfall! --- One of my favorite console game, I also played on the 2600 and colecovision

13-Beauty and the Beast --- I just love those Imagic games.

14-Demon Attack --- Another good shooter, not as good as Astrosmash.

15-Skiing --- Whatch out for that tree!

16-Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Treasure of Tarmin

17-Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Cloudy Mountain

18-Triple Action --- The plane and tank game are greate

19-NFL Football --- I like simple football game, this is better than Madden 2010!

20-Dragonfire -- Again Imagic

21-Tennis --- Another fun sport game to play head to head

22-Bowling --- Strike!!

23-Bump'n'Jump - Nice port

24-Dracula --- Imagic, I was the only one who like that game back then!

25-Utopia --- Sim city before it's time

After looking at all the other list, I realized that I never played games dated after 1983 and not a lot from 1983.

Games such as the one in the Super pro series.

I probably already was in my ColecoVision era.

Edited by patbb

I hadn't thought about considering the homebrew titles...since I'm fortunate to have them I would definitely add Space Patrol and Stonix. Hopefully Rick D will also be added to that list later this year. If you want any of the upcoming games, I'd certainly recommend heading over to Beeslife.com to get yourselves on the list. As you mentioned, Ice Trek and White Water could have easily been on my list as well.

Space Patrol and Sonix, never seens those two before.

Thanks for the link.

Are they playable in an emulator? or the author copyrights are respected for those games?

Space Patrol and Sonix, never seens those two before. Thanks for the link.

Are they playable in an emulator? or the author copyrights are respected for those games?

I have ROMs of both Space Patrol and Stonix, which AFAIK were distributed with the full consent of the authors. The former is a "teaser edition" that definitely isn't complete; the latter may or may not be the final version -- I'm not sure. Both games work just fine in jzintv, and look and sound GREAT. I hope they come back into print soon.

I have a couple other INTV homebrews kicking around as ROMs too -- Same Game & Robots, 4-Tris/Tetris, and a very impressive (though unfinished/incomplete) remake of Donkey Kong.

Edited by thegoldenband

To ClassicGMR and patbb,

I'm sorry to inform you that I had to consider your ballot unworthy of being added to our tally due to its glaring omission of Beamrider. After you've had time to reflect and adjust your submission you may become eligible to participate. OK, I'm just joking (about not including the votes, not about Beamrider being a glaring omission) :D I do have one serious question though. Space Hawk? seriously?

Here's the updated Top 25...

1. Burgertime (156 points)

2. Night Stalker (149)

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain (149)

4. Astrosmash (148)

5. Utopia (127)

6. Tron Deadly Discs (116)

7. Lock N Chase (115)

8. Shark! Shark! (100)

9. MLB/World Championship Baseball (95)

10. Beauty and the Beast (77)

11. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (74)

12. Space Battle (73)

13. Snafu (71)

14. Bump N Jump (69)

15. Beamrider (68)

16. NFL/Super Pro Football (67)

17. Frog Bog (61)

18. AD&D: Tower of Doom (58)

19. Atlantis (57)

19. NBA/Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball (57)

21. Thunder Castle (51)

22. B-17 Bomber (50)

23. Triple Action (49)

24. Skiing (44)

25. Loco Motion (43)

Honorable Mention:

Auto Racing (42); Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling (41); Armor Battle (37); Sea Battle, Carnival, AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin, Space Armada (35); Swords and Serpents, Pac-man, Demon Attack (34); Centipede, Bomb Squad (33); NHL/Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey (32); Pitfall (30)

86 different games received votes!

• Like 2

Here's the updated Top 25...

1. Burgertime (156 points)

2. Night Stalker (149)

2. AD&D Cloudy Mountain (149)

4. Astrosmash (148)

5. Utopia (127)

6. Tron Deadly Discs (116)

7. Lock N Chase (115)

8. Shark! Shark! (100)

9. MLB/World Championship Baseball (95)

10. Beauty and the Beast (77)

11. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (74)

12. Space Battle (73)

13. Snafu (71)

14. Bump N Jump (69)

15. Beamrider (68)

16. NFL/Super Pro Football (67)

17. Frog Bog (61)

18. AD&D: Tower of Doom (58)

19. Atlantis (57)

19. NBA/Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball (57)

21. Thunder Castle (51)

22. B-17 Bomber (50)

23. Triple Action (49)

24. Skiing (44)

25. Loco Motion (43)

Honorable Mention:

Auto Racing (42); Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling (41); Armor Battle (37); Sea Battle, Carnival, AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin, Space Armada (35); Swords and Serpents, Pac-man, Demon Attack (34); Centipede, Bomb Squad (33); NHL/Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey (32); Pitfall (30)

86 different games received votes!

icon_thumbsup.gif +1 for your hard work on thisicon_smile.gif

I do have one serious question though. Space Hawk? seriously?

Yup. I always liked the game. I can't explain it... just like I can't explain the 9" metal rod sticking out of my head. :)

:rolling:

I've always liked Space Hawk, too. It's a great example of a game that is well-designed for the Intellivision controller. Standard Asteroids would be very difficult to play on that system. But Space Hawk works with the controller instead of against it, and the result is a nice game.

im only gonna do a top 5, cuz we have about 25 games, and i cant remember them all cuz their 80 miles away in Pine, in the mountains, in a cabin.

1. SNAFU: could play this for hours.

2. Advanced dungeons and dragons: a great adventure game

3. Star Strike: who wouldnt blow up the death star?

4. Space Hawk: people dislike this game, but its interesting to me

5. Frogger: who doesnt like frogger?