IGNORED

"Your" Top 25 Intellivision Games

Ummmm.....you couldn't find anything on that list that's worse than Worm Whomper? Boxing? Er....ok, the rest are pretty good, but I still think you should reconsider :grin:

Hmm, my real and honest answer is even though Boxing is crappy by today's standards me and my friend played this a lot back in the day. It is some of the better memories i have from back then so i used memories as an influence for my list. Plus Worm Whomper is still kind of new to me. I decided of the 2 new shooters i recently discovered, Beamrider is the better game.

KNOCK OUT. :-D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hmm, I never posted a list. That might be a good project for the winter holidays :ponder:

I wonder if we could create a pinned thread with an ongoing poll where folks can vote on their favorite games. I'm envisioning giving each user 10 to 25 votes that they can distribute between any game(s) they choose and update as their preferences change throughout the years. You could spread them out or place all 25 on Worm Whomper. It's up to you :D

The net result would be a living list of our top rated games...sort of what cvga was doing, but automatic.

• Like 2

Hmm, I never posted a list. That might be a good project for the winter holidays :ponder:

I wonder if we could create a pinned thread with an ongoing poll where folks can vote on their favorite games. I'm envisioning giving each user 10 to 25 votes that they can distribute between any game(s) they choose and update as their preferences change throughout the years. You could spread them out or place all 25 on Worm Whomper. It's up to you :D

The net result would be a living list of our top rated games...sort of what cvga was doing, but automatic.

Make it so number one. ?

All time favs in no particular order, including yesteryear and today...

MLB Baseball

Burgertime

Pinball

Utopia

Night Stalker

Snafu

LV P&BJ

Loco-Motion

Sea Battle

Tron Deadly Discs

Lock n Chase

Shark Shark

Sub Hunt

Bump n Jump

Space Hawk

Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

Beauty and the Beast

Skiing

Bowling

AD&D Cloudy Mountain

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling

...and these homebrews:

DK Arcade

Space Patrol

Christmas Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Not me. I love Star Strike. It would be quite high on my top-25 list.

me as well even if i scored a shit last time i played it but it was one of my favorite one player games in a different galaxy and a long time ago.

25! i never owned 25 diff. games on cartridges it was hard to find any game in switzerland and lately i ordered them from a illegal direct importer from H.K. mostly because unlike in stores almost all was available, of course the low price was a reason to. i would have ordered many more but with the end of intellivision this importer closed his doors as well.

edit: dammit i owned +25 games one has to list it to see this

recently due to the fact that my old collection has got lost while moving my household there are only 11 left and one was a present.

however, i play some emulated i only could dream of back then.

unfortunately starstrike is no longer in my collection, otherwise i would have had three of it.

my list is quite shorter and i would have to add some i rarely play.

on top of my list is the XBox One Simulator, i simply love it! (a game where even me is able to make top scores)

seriously, it's obvious which is for real numero uno - ASTROSMASH

it was quite hard to remember which i liked most in the past and my hitlist represents more the ones i played most.

it differs, what i liked most mustn't be the games i played most with my friends.

old times hitlist

emulated and most wanted but never had

1 - Astrosmash (25 times)

2 - Vectron (am i the only one who fell in love with this game?. after astrosmash my best rated single player game. to me it was and it's still different as the rest, a cool intellivision only game. i can't wait to get my LTO Flash because this has to be played with the 16 directional digipad. a game made for the intellivision controller or vice versa the controller was especially designed for this game)

3 - Bump & Jump (should be #1 because i smashed a console at the wall because of playing non-stop for 30 hours bump & jump, my nerves was burned out)

4 - Tennis (personally i preferred Soccer, but my friends preferred Tennis, thus i played Tennis far more as Soccer)

5 - Boxing (a very sophisticated sports game for those days, imho. i liked always the balanced players if you compared it to others)

6 - Soccer (i wasn't to beat, recently i speeded up Super Soccer 1.5x times and i still make hockey scores, similar as for boxing most other was unbalanced)

7 - Golf (i played this over and over and i still play it often, Golf in various releases became one of my favorite sports games since it's a game for smokers)

8 - Space Battle (i really liked this one much, this and starstrike boosted my imagination about a "ultimate space game" which came very close to what Frontier was later to me. to co-develop for Pioneer was a dream come true, unfortunately i lost contact to a dev who liked to recreate Pioneer to my imagination of the game)

9 - Star Strike (i rated it a little lower as Space Battle but i played it often perhaps each day but only a round or two you can get bored of this game very soon, sometimes i played it with a friend, that's somewhat exclusive for the inty to play single player games together)

10 - Shark! Shark! (unfortunatly i obtained this game with my last console i bought used roundabout 30years ago thus i didn't played it as often as thev rest but i liked it at first bite)

11 - AD&D "Cloudy Mountain" (i always wanted it and i have to say i really missed it because i like to play this game as simple and short as it is)

12 - Demon Attack (since i inherited the game 3 years ago i didn't played it often, to less i have to say because it's a good game it probably has only to much options for a really pleasing game, less is sometimes simply more, one option is enough)

13 - Armor Battle (if you have a friend who likes war games, i had one and we played already war in the sandbox though "Armor Battle" and "Sea Battle" was only a logical advance, also it was not longer needed to melt the plastic soldiers and models down)

14 - Sea Battle (as above and i hardly lost a battle)

15 - Frog Bog (it was always good for a quick competition)

16 - Sub Hunt (i liked this game and a similar one was my first for the SEGA master system along with the 3D glasses)

17 - Skiing (i don't know why this fell through, i still like the game perhaps because i had to remove Chess for it from the list, alternative #17)

18 - Auto Racing (i liked it for a long time, to sad it's not really good to play for two)

19 - Venture (i liked this much in the past and maybe would have rated it far higher 35 years ago, if i play it now it's to easy for me)

20 - Lock 'n Chase (a favorite amongst my friends, very good gameplay for a maze game, better as Pac-Man)

21 - Night Stalker (a very entertaining game but i don't play it as often as i did 35 years ago)

22 - TRON - Maze-A-Tron (i said i haven't had many games to select from, this i played often but likewise for vectron none of my friends liked it)

23 - Tutankham (i never was really good in the arcade original, it was quite easier on the Inty, since i haven't had many one player games at start played this quite often)

24 - Pac-Man (yep, i bought me some arcade classics, some was frustrating (especially DK) but Pac-Man was good, even if i don't scored well)

25 - Backgammon (the Inty teached me how to play Backgammon, the game was in my hometown almost unknown and i can say i introduced this board game to my friends. later, much later i married a maghrib and i had to play "tric trac" very often with her)

i guess both, backgammon and chess you will hardly find on anyone elses hitlist, but i really played them and backgammon even more as chess.

i have to state computer backgammon is shit, it was good for me as a beginner but i guess no machine can beat a human when it comes to rolling dices

respectively the resulting numbers, how you use it and possible begged next throws.

i had later a backgammon computer to play with and if i used real dices and entered the numbers it could never beat me.

BUT

to play against my wife was something complete different and i'm still convinced she used magic, she seems to know exactly when it's safe to make a risky draft and i could swear she knows her throws in advance. also i played to slow for her and she always argued about that you have to play it fast.

in mediterranean world they play such fast backgammon or domino you even can't follow their drafts as a spectator.

truely the pressure (and the bets) makes them more interesting games to play

not rated:

- Chess (i really had this monster of a game, i played it from time to time while i'm not good in chess. i played chess often on a board with a friend but you better play "soccer" with Todd (me) he's a angry fellow and can't stand losing. it's really to slow and even me as a bad player encountered situations where the inty needed 12h and more to calculate a move)

- Burger Time (i had the game but never liked it to much, similar to

- Donkey Kong it seems i don't like to climb ladders, maybe because i had to climb them everyday as a construction worker... erm plummer to tell it right - not really true from 1982 to 1988 i was a textile technician which is my profession. btw i like DK Arcade, it's far better to play as the old release.

- Pong (believe it or not but i need everyday a Pong, it's out of competition since it never was released on cartridge except as hidden game in 4-Tris. i didn't like Ultimate Pong to much i miss the effet shots you have in Intellipongola also the ball can be squeezed under a paddle and won't release. the return angle would need a review, to many straight shots if the ball hits the centre of the paddle)

- LV BJ&P, it isn't on the list i didn't liked it but my friend liked it much, he likes card playing (i don't) and he still is able to play a solitaire on a computer which i can't understand at all. my opinion about card playing is overall: "four friends come together to play card and depart as foes".

you will have to excuse me when i posted such a list already a couple of years ago, if then i forgot this fact anyway.

he he, worm whomper isn't that bad, at least i like to play it. i think it's a crazy shoot 'em up with cool graphics and far better as the centipede release which has none of the thrill the arcade original has.

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 1

My top 25 in order:

1. Tron Deadly Discs

2. Dreadnaught Factor

3. Lock'N'Chase

4. Bump'n'Jump

5. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing

6. Thunder Castle

7. Frog Bog

8. Dig Dug

9. Burgertime

10. Atlantis

11. Demon Attack

12. Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

13. Triple Action

14. Space Battle

15. Astrosmash

16. NHL Hockey

17. Commando

18. Swords & Serpents

19. Royal Dealer

20. World Championship Baseball

21. Tennis

22. PBA Bowling

23. Pitfall!

24. Loco Motion

25. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

Homebrews:

1. Piggy Bank

2. Old School

3. Super Chef BT

4. Sydney Hunter and The Lost Tribe

5. Stonix

6. Go Sub

7. The Lost Caves of Kroz

8. Mystic Castle

9. Super Pro Baseball

10. Ms. Pac-Man

• Like 2

Now it's my turn.

My top 25 NOT in order and NOT counting the homebrews:

1. Advanced Dungeosn & Dragons Treasure of Tarmin

2. Advanced Dungeosn & Dragons (aka Cloudy Mountain)

3. Thunder Castle

4. Tutankham

5. White Water!

6. Tennis

7. Major League Baseball

8. World Championship Baseball

9. Ice Trek

10. Swords & Serpents

11. Tower of Doom

12. Space Battle

13. Commando

14. Bump'n'Jump

15. Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

16. Burgertime

17. Diner

18. Hover Force

19. Super Pro Football

20. B-17 Bomber

21. Beamrider

22. Worm Whomper

23. Q*Bert

24. Donkey Kong Junior

25. Lady Bug

Special mention: all the other 100 games, including the educational, Donkey Kong and... Turbo :-o

• Like 1

That is a great list Intellivotion! :)

All I know is a fire was burning close enough to my house that I packed my intellivision collection in my car to be prepared.

I pulled all my Homebrew games and maybe 60 of the 125 that are are hard to get. The rest I could buy and rebuild for my collection.

Fortunately,my home did not burn down! My Wife was a little upset that I cared so much about my video games but I wanted to leave with something.

I did offer to load up her and my kids stuff and put it back if nothing happened,so I did my part.

When I put the games back in place,kinda funny I had moved out all the right ones! :P :thumbsup:

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 3

1. River Raid

2. Astrosmash

3. Commando

4. Pac-Man

5. Night Stalker

6. Pitfall

7. Pinball

8. Chip Shot: Super Pro Golf

9. Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling

10. Centipede