IGNORED

Odysseus’ 100% complete Odyssey collection

Odysseus

This is my complete Odyssey 1 collection. I have all games and boxes known to exist. I also have both the standard and the German release export odyssey, containing the foreign release only Soccer. I also have the extremely rare ITT Odyssee Boxed as well as both Clones of the Odyssey the Overkal from Spain and the Telematch De Panoramic

displaycase.jpg

odysseyboxlower.jpg

odysseyboxupper.jpg

100% complete Odyssey Like new in box

also has the original role of tape

73games.jpg

1973 add on games

All like new, as if unused. Brainwave peices are still attached in the original cardboard

brainwave2.jpgipv2.jpg

win2ni.jpgbasketball2h.jpg

shootinggallery.jpg

shootinggallery2.jpg

Add-on shooting Gallery. The nicest ive found so far. 100% complete and unused from 1973. It is also signed by Ralph Baer

72games.jpg

The 1972 Add-on Games all complete with the shipping box. All peices sealed in unused condition

cibpercepts.jpg

Percepts. Complete in the ultra Rare shipping Box.

odball.jpg

The first Odyssey Homebrew: Odball

odysseycase.jpg

The rare Odyssey Carrying case. 100% Complete with original instructions and Bag for poker chips

acadaptors.jpg

These are the two versions of the AC adaptor boxes. The left one is the only one of that version I have ever seen.

advertisements.jpg

All the known US advertisements for the odyssey. The Two on the end are very different. These are the only ones found so far

odysseycatalogues.jpg

Two of the Magnavox Catalogs Featuring the Odyssey.

1000605k.jpg

Right is the First issue of the Service manual

Left is the Second issue of the service manual

In the middle is the Test manual for testing Preshipment.

This is one of the only ones that survived. The others are at the smithsonian

signedodyssey.jpg

This is my odyssey that i got Back signed by Ralph Baer. My favorite peice

bluecarts.jpg

These are the two versions of the Apex-Magnavox Blue cartridge. They contain carts 7 and 8.

Both are complete with instructions

Licensed Foreign Releases

ittodysseeboxa.jpg

ittodysseesystem.jpg

This is the version of the Odyssey released in Germany prior to the German export odyssey. It was licensed by ITT Schaub-Lorenz and renamed Odyssee. This System is incredibly rare and one of only a couple boxed ones I know to exist. This unit is in Mint unused condition with all orignal components unused including the tape and batteries

Export Systems

germanodyssey1.jpg

germanodyssey2.jpg

germanodyssey3.jpg

German Odyssey Export System

dsc00100ok.jpg

Standard Export Odyssey. This one Came from New Zealand

Unlicensed Clones

overkalnicholas01.jpg

overkalnicholas07.jpg

The Spanish Overkal

The rarest and most interesting Odyssey System in my opinion. Almost an exact copy of the US Odyssey. One of only 3 CIB systems I know of

teletmatch1.jpg

teletmatch10.jpg

This is the Telematch de Panoramic. It was released in Argentina and shares many qualities of the Magnavox Odyssey. The boards inside are almost identical as well as the general controller design. However the Telematch doesnt use overlays like the American Odyssey

Don Emry's System

donemry1.jpg

donemry2.jpg

donemry3.jpg

I bought this system from an Odyssey employee named Don Emry. It was given to him when he left Magnavox in late 1973.

He is the man who created the 73 games. He was nice enough to sign it for me also

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 6

Really nice! The only thing missing is a TV set.

Do you mean a regular tv set or a magnavox tv set. I want to find the magnavox tv that had the odyssey 100 bulit into it. But about 5 feet from that display case i have my 52in tv that i play all my games on. So thatll have to do for now ;)

Really nice! The only thing missing is a TV set.

I want to find the magnavox tv that had the odyssey 100 bulit into it.

That would be sweet.. :cool:

Ive seen it a couple times. Model 4305 had pong built into it so basically the odyssey 100.

model%204305-thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive added a couple Pictures. Now i have the 1972 games, shooting gallery, Carrying case, and odyssey unit all 100% complete. All i need to find are the 4 games from 1973. If anyone has any they would be willing to let go please let me know.

Edited by njb12287

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the beginning. Im starting at the beggining and working my way forward. I almost have the full odyssey collection except the 73 games. Im working on the smaller odysseys(ie 100,200, so on) My goal is to soon have all the systems Made by magnavox. Here is what i have so far. Ill post more later when i take pictures. I also recently added an Odyssey 2 with removable controllers.

extragames.jpg

The 1972 Add-on Games all complete with the shipping box

how come your Invasion box isn't bloated and fat? :)

Edited by coyo5050

• 2 months later...

What a fantastic collection you have there. In the early 1980s my younger brother bought at a neighbor's garage sale a MINT CIB Odyssey. Nothing was missing. Even the poker chips were still sealed in their original bag. He bought it because I had the Atari 2600 and he was jealous or something. And he bought it for (Drumroll please)

$5 :o :o :o

Of course sat the time it wasn't really a collectible but it was very interesting. Long story short, before I left to college, I stored it in the garage (along with my 2600 and about 200 games, football and baseball cards, star wars figures, etc.)and a few years later she gave everything to goodwill. No consultation or warning. It's a good thing i'm not bitter.............. :twisted: :grin:

But, I suppose that why we have these collectable markets today. Supply from those who have caring and loving parents and demand from those who don't. :lol: :lolblue: :lol:

Also, njb, I have a ton of O2 stuff. Nothing rare but let me know and I'll sell it to you for cheap.

That will happen. I got an email from a guy a few weeks ago saying that he gave his odyssey to a good will because it didnt sell at his garage sale. He said he had it out for $5 and noone bought it. Crazy stuff but not many people collect the odyssey, only us crazies.

Thanks for the offer and ill definately keep it in mind. I just have to pay off the 73 games first :)

Ha Ha thanks CC. Its taken a bit of time but im happy with it. I agree odyssey isnt really a playing system. Too much work ha ha. but i do try to take it out once a week or so and play something. The only game i wont be trying is brainwave since the peices are all still attached but other than that i intend to play them all. Too bad it doesnt work on a Flat screen:(

• 4 months later...