IGNORED

Coleco Gemini controller cleaning guide?

hobojoe44

I picked up a Gemini controller for a few $ the other day. I wanted to find a guide (if there is any) before I open it

up.

As luck would have it I just opened up about 6 of them for the first time and I found that cleaning them (if that was your goal) was relatively simple. The hardest part about some of these jobs is often the re-assembly but this was relatively simple, there is a little springy thing for the fire button but it is simple dis- and re-assembly. And just swabbing with alcohol resulted in good response and jitter-free paddles. There isnt much you can do to go wrong with this process.

My worst knightmare was my Creativision joysticks and I understand Arcadia 2001 joysticks are no treat either. Coleco super action controllers are a little finicky to re-assemble I found.

Thanks for the Info

I opened it up lastnight to clean it, the damn springy thing flew out from the tension as I opened it.

It took me a few mins the figure out where to put the springy thing for when I reassemble it.

It's great that you don't need to use pliers to clean the paddle like you do with 2600 paddles.