IGNORED

Harmony Cart 7800

Underball

Wow - maybe you should consider putting these up on Amazon Marketplace to get better exposure?

I 2nd that idea... they would get a TON of exposure there!

I bought a standard and deluxe so I'm covered in 2600 titles... I'm currently unemployed but would drop $100 for a 7800 Harmony cart and still feel I got a hell of a deal. I'd donate a kidney or something if I had to. :)

I am sure glad I bought my Harmony. I already had a substantial collection of carts, but my Harmony has allowed me to try out a lot of home brews and rare games I would never have had a chance to try out otherwise - except through emulation of course, which is not nearly as good as playing on a real console.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There have been more Cuttle Cart 2's for sale in the last couple of weeks since they were originally released. Could this be a sign that the Harmony Cart 7800 is very close.

I think it's just speculation on part of the owners. They see their cartridges losing value once (if) the Harmony 7800 gets made. It's just good old fashion greed; they want to make an inflated sale while they can, knowing that if a new version comes out they might not be even able to sell theirs.

Could this be a sign that the Harmony Cart 7800 is very close.

no. At this point it's all wishful thinking. See 39

Well if and when the Harmony 7800 comes about I know I wanna be right at the front of the line cash in hand cause this whole $300 - $500 dollar CC2 thing is total bullshit. Multicarts are ment to make it cheap to have a bunch of games on one cart, not cost the same amount as if you where to buy the whole damn library of games for said system. :x

• Like 4

Well if and when the Harmony 7800 comes about I know I wanna be right at the front of the line cash in hand cause this whole $300 - $500 dollar CC2 thing is total bullshit. Multicarts are ment to make it cheap to have a bunch of games on one cart, not cost the same amount as if you where to buy the whole damn library of games for said system. :x

Well said sir!

:thumbsup:

Yup what he said!!!!

I completely agree with you. I tried pointing this out over in the marketplace, but I think I ticked off Groovybee, albeit unintentionally.

What I think we're seeing here is a glut of multiple-CC2 owners realizing that with the 2600 Harmony at $60, and the possibility of a 7800 one coming eventually, they're all cashing in. Kinda crass if you ask me. Especially since really, you can pretty much complete the 7800 library for like $200, not including maybe Tank Command.

I completely agree with you. I tried pointing this out over in the marketplace, but I think I ticked off Groovybee, albeit unintentionally.

You didn't tick me off at all. I just pointed out that I'm only asking for the market rate. If you look at Skunkboards for the jag they are going for over double the price now. Its the same for anything that is limited edition and limited run. If CC2s were still being made their price would not be as high as it is now. If batari stops making Harmony carts you can pretty much guarantee that the prices of the existing Harmonys in circulation will rise.

My normal CC2 gets hammered considerably more than one owned by a pure gamer (as you can imagine) so I thought it was better to acquire a backup. The only reason I'm selling my backup is to raise funds for retro projects. The new projects will just take a bit longer to come out :lol:.

you can pretty much complete the 7800 library for like $200, not including maybe Tank Command.

There are a handful of 7800 prototypes that you can only play with a Cuttle Cart (or repro) such as Sirius, Plutos, Fixed Impossible Mission, Missing In Action, etc.

Tempest

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

The problem is that I just can't see how the financials of a 7800 Harmony would ever stack up. Given the costs of production are likely to be more that the 2600 version, even at $100, you would have to sell at least 250 units to break even (based on Batari's stats in the price rise thread). Given there's already 200+ CC2 out there, and the 7800 is no way near as popular as the 2600, this is unlikely to be a viable project :sad:

The problem is that I just can't see how the financials of a 7800 Harmony would ever stack up. Given the costs of production are likely to be more that the 2600 version, even at $100, you would have to sell at least 250 units to break even (based on Batari's stats in the price rise thread). Given there's already 200+ CC2 out there, and the 7800 is no way near as popular as the 2600, this is unlikely to be a viable project :sad:

It's been a while since I've used a 7800, but aren't the cart slots identical to the 2600? If so, they could (in theory) create the 'Harmony 2" which would be compatible with both the 2600 and 7800. That gives them both markets with a single product.

We will see. There would need to be at least one hand-assembled run to raise some of the capital like was done with the pre-production run of 2600 Harmony carts. Or, all 7800 Harmonies would need to be hand-assembled since their numbers will undoubtedly be smaller.

It's been a while since I've used a 7800, but aren't the cart slots identical to the 2600? If so, they could (in theory) create the 'Harmony 2" which would be compatible with both the 2600 and 7800. That gives them both markets with a single product.

No, they are not. The 7800 can take 2600 carts, but 7800 carts have 8 extra conductors on the card edge which are required for 7800 mode.

• 3 months later...

There have been more Cuttle Cart 2's for sale in the last couple of weeks since they were originally released. Could this be a sign that the Harmony Cart 7800 is very close.

I think it's just speculation on part of the owners. They see their cartridges losing value once (if) the Harmony 7800 gets made. It's just good old fashion greed; they want to make an inflated sale while they can, knowing that if a new version comes out they might not be even able to sell theirs.

Evidence?

I hvae a spare Im selling - but hoenstly dont care if it sells or not. I like my CC2 so much I wanted a back up - the original has been rock solid so I decided to through it out if someone wants it - if not no biggie.

Harmony has no impact on me - it basically provides what I have had for years. Its a great concept - but to blanket statement that greedy owners are afraid of loss of value is insane. Esp for a product that isnt off the design table.

Evidence?

I hvae a spare Im selling - but hoenstly dont care if it sells or not. I like my CC2 so much I wanted a back up - the original has been rock solid so I decided to through it out if someone wants it - if not no biggie.

Harmony has no impact on me - it basically provides what I have had for years. Its a great concept - but to blanket statement that greedy owners are afraid of loss of value is insane. Esp for a product that isnt off the design table.

If you are selling your CC2 let me know.

Evidence?

No evidence - it's an opinion. It's hardly insane. Take one look at how the stock market works and you can agree that it's a valid option. It's called speculation. True, the 7800 version isn't off the design table. However, imagine it was just announced that it will be produced, and an expected price point. Just for fun, let's say it's $100. After that announcement, do you really think the CC2's will be flying out the door at $500? If you're anywhere near on the fence about selling your CC2, would you sell now, or later - perhaps after said announcement?

It was not meant as a blanket statement, as no situation applies to everyone, however in this case I do apply it to the majority - of which you are apparently not, at least according to you. Let's be honest though, what prompted you to suddenly consider this extra cart unnecessary? Was it perhaps the other people raking in the cash on their CC2's? Profiting as much as they have, would that be considered greed, or just capitalism?

Edited by Havok69

Evidence?

No evidence - it's an opinion. It's hardly insane. Take one look at how the stock market works and you can agree that it's a valid option. It's called speculation. True, the 7800 version isn't off the design table. However, imagine it was just announced that it will be produced, and an expected price point. Just for fun, let's say it's $100. After that announcement, do you really think the CC2's will be flying out the door at $500? If you're anywhere near on the fence about selling your CC2, would you sell now, or later - perhaps after said announcement?

It was not meant as a blanket statement, as no situation applies to everyone, however in this case I do apply it to the majority - of which you are apparently not, at least according to you. Let's be honest though, what prompted you to suddenly consider this extra cart unnecessary? Was it perhaps the other people raking in the cash on their CC2's? Profiting as much as they have, would that be considered greed, or just capitalism?

I havent really been following the Harmony - hence my msg 4 months after this. I was curious about it. I put my C2 up for sale after I saw a # of people inquire about buying one. I had a spare that Ive never used so I decided to put it up.

One counter to your arguement - there isnt really a good reason for a CC2 owner to sell theirs to get a Harmony 7800. The CC2 wasnt made in large enough quantities for folks to horde to make money off of. Ill also add that one reason I bought a 2nd was to help Chad who was having difficulty selling his remaining stock.