IGNORED

Harmony Cart 7800

Underball

• 3 weeks later...

can i add my name to the Concerto waiting list?

is it possible to produce a waiting list - so people know if they're included in first batch or not?

thanks

Not sure why a waiting list would be required. He did a great job with quantities for the 2600 cart.

It's not, batari usually doesn't start selling until he has a sufficient inventory built up. Gotta give the guy credit for time after time using his own money to do so beforehand.

• Like 4

With or without a list I am waiting and dreaming. Sometimes imagine I can almost see Concerto standing proudly in the cartridge port of my battle weary 7800 glowing like a new flag on a rusty and bent pole. Then I see the hands on the clock on the wall start turning like fan blades blowing a gust which causes the image of Concerto to disperse like the fog of my breath on a cold winter morning. If only spring would come and with it Concerto.

If Batari is using these threads to gauge feedback and interest. I'm in for one unit. I first heard of this project about a year ago.

Are there any updates? Is it still scheduled for early this year?

I know nothing of programming, I am strictly an end user. I read that the project was revamped from the ground up. Mainly because a 1mb chip became available(I think). and pokey sound(?). What does that mean in simple terms? And in comparison to the original 7800 carts and console?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't checked on this project in years, but I want to know if there have ever been any video demos available online. Someone just told me it was either cancelled or (gasp) a hoax. I wouldn't want to believe that. I was so ready to have one! I just want to link some kind of evidence to show this may happen.

I haven't checked on this project in years, but I want to know if there have ever been any video demos available online. Someone just told me it was either cancelled or (gasp) a hoax. I wouldn't want to believe that. I was so ready to have one! I just want to link some kind of evidence to show this may happen.

That'd be a surprise to me. I'm fairly sure batari is still hard at it, including developing some new hardware to augment its usefulness. No videos yet to my knowledge, though. Patience is a virtue, especially since no money has changed hands and there is no waiting list for one. It will come to pass eventually.

• Like 2

Some kind of evidence. A hoax from batari, huh? :roll: :lolblue:

Let's try this instead:

"I have barely heard of jeff20 for all the years I've been on this site, but I want to know if there has ever been any online proof of him not being a troll. Someone just told me he was either a troll or (gasp) a clown. I wouldn't want to believe that. I was so ready to enjoy his input on these forums! I just want to link some kind of evidence to show he's not a troll."

The above is no more insulting or agitating than the implication of batari pulling a hoax. Especially considering his track record.

The Harmony Concerto (7800) will be available and as much of a reality as Harmony Encore (2600). ;)

• Like 2

Let's try this instead:

"I have barely heard of jeff20 for all the years I've been on this site, but I want to know if there has ever been any online proof of him not being a troll. Someone just told me he was either a troll or (gasp) a clown. I wouldn't want to believe that. I was so ready to enjoy his input on these forums! I just want to link some kind of evidence to show he's not a troll."

The above is no more insulting or agitating than the implication of batari pulling a hoax. Especially considering his track record.

wtf. I was just asking if I had missed any videos or something to share. "troll"? What is this a 1998 chatroom? We are grown men in this hobby. No one else is assuming an insult or slander.

wtf. I was just asking if I had missed any videos or something to share.

If you don't see how the above (in bold red), is not just inquiring about any videos or something to share (As the case with the bold black) and can be seen as insulting, we will have to agree to disagree. Your above "someone" source is evidently misinformed.

No one else is assuming an insult or slander.

I wouldn't speak for anyone else; regardless, again, the "someone" statement about the project being "cancelled or (gasp) a hoax" by the developer, is certainly insulting to the hard work and efforts of batari. Further, as injected by you, the term slander would probably be a good fit as well. The onus on that falls on "someone".

Nonetheless, your statement, "I just want to link some kind of evidence to show this may happen", implies more than "just asking if I had missed any videos or something to share".

For some reason, I just read that whole post in the voice of Dwight from the tv show The Office.

But that was a lot of work with the colors and boldface, almost litigious. So I should probably attempt to clarify. The "gasp" in my original post was to indicate levity. I hope you can reread it as such.

If you're curious, the conversation was something as brief as follows: "I think there's a flash cart for the 7800 now." "Are you sure? I've never heard of anything since that Cuttle Cart." "It was mentioned in a forum a few years ago." "Maybe it was cancelled or something." 'Or maybe I missed it. Let me check." All of this is, of course, not verbatim, but you can be assured none of the adults in this exchange (or my post) meant any provocation. Are you really concerned the developer might feel insulted by the inquiry?

The link to a pic that immediately followed was great (thanks, MAC-42). Whether your response was genuine concern or (gasp) sycophancy, we can all relax; I promise I come in peace. :) smiley

Edited by jeff20

For some reason, I just read that whole post in the voice of Dwight from the tv show The Office.

But that was a lot of work with the colors and boldface, almost litigious. So I should probably attempt to clarify. The "gasp" in my original post was to indicate levity. I hope you can reread it as such.

If you're curious, the conversation was something as brief as follows: "I think there's a flash cart for the 7800 now." "Are you sure? I've never heard of anything since that Cuttle Cart." "It was mentioned in a forum a few years ago." "Maybe it was cancelled or something." 'Or maybe I missed it. Let me check." All of this is, of course, not verbatim, but you can be assured none of the adults in this exchange (or my post) meant any provocation. Are you really concerned the developer might feel insulted by the inquiry?

The link to a pic that immediately followed was great (thanks, MAC-42). Whether your response was genuine concern or (gasp) sycophancy, we can all relax; I promise I come in peace. :) smiley

Sure, dude. The above is a lot more lighthearted. I'm pretty much completely relaxed, just thorough. Clicking text color change and boldface in a forum post really isn't a lot of work ;) . Hope the evidence you wanted was somewhat met too, respecting the link I provided which shows pics of the final Concerto redesign from batari.

In regards to your above question, as noted earlier, insult stems not from the inquiry, but calling it a hoax and implying it may not happen. Anyhow, a great product to purchase is on the way. Something we all are looking forward to seeing. :)