IGNORED

Harmony Cart 7800

Underball

• 4 months later...

I've tried writing Batari about this, and about the availability for the 2600 version of the Harmony Cart with no reply.

For those that have bought the existing Harmony Cart, were they responsive to the order once money was sent? Are the existing Harmony Carts still in stock?

And is the Harmony Cart 2 a sore subject these days for some reason?

I ordered mine right here from AtariAge and it was shipped out very quickly! I'm not sure if it was Al or Batari that sent it, but whoever it was, it was very good service.

Get one, then go here.....

http://www.atarimania.com/rom_collection_archive_atari_2600_roms.html

....and knock yourself out. You'll never get through all of it!!! (but it's a lot of fun trying!!!)

• Like 1

batari moved to a different hardware design I believe within the last year, which offered greater potential features, but I imagine required much additional testing.

Perhaps they are waiting for the roll out of the 7800 XM (supposed to be June)? Perhaps they are doing something in conjunction with the 2600 Harmony II (Encore)? Don't know.

I've tried writing Batari about this, and about the availability for the 2600 version of the Harmony Cart with no reply.

For those that have bought the existing Harmony Cart, were they responsive to the order once money was sent? Are the existing Harmony Carts still in stock?

And is the Harmony Cart 2 a sore subject these days for some reason?

I just bought one a few weeks ago. They were relatively quick about sending it out. The tracking info was sent directly to paypal so, keep an eye out that way. Also, there are quite a few here who have not embraced the art of responding to PMs. It is what it is.

Edited by 7800

Perhaps they are waiting for the roll out of the 7800 XM (supposed to be June)? Perhaps they are doing something in conjunction with the 2600 Harmony II (Encore)? Don't know.

In case it was missed here...

...The relevant part:

"What about Harmony 2?

The Harmony 2 cartridge, for the Atari 7800, is now known as "the Concerto cartridge."
I know many are anxious for the release of this cartridge, but it is still in development. It's gone through more than a dozen hardware revisions including two ground-up redesigns and currently it's better than I ever imagined. The latest redesign was conceived to be 100% reverse-compatible with Harmony AND Hamony Encore at the hardware and firmware level, so all of the games that work on Harmony and Harmony Encore will work on Concerto. We hope Concerto will be done in time for CGE 2014 (if there is one) or PRGE 2014."
Fingers crossed for the Harmony Concerto cartridge around this Autumn, if not sooner. ;)
Note:
CGE 2014 is September 12-14th.
PRGE 2014 is October 18-19th.
  • Like 2

Oh this looks promising. A complete 7800 library is not very hard to obtain. But this would save me a lot of time...and money. :)

Agreed, also a benefit of the Concerto Cart is that it will support home brews, hacks and if I'm not mistaken games with pokey sound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The concerto board batari showed has a spot for pokey, and batari developed hokey, a pokey replacement for Concerto owners.

Its pretty safe to assume Concerto has pokey support.

I'll probably buy anyway (I tend to collect at least one flash cart per system where available), but if it does I will be ecstatic over the purchase. :)

Edited by Greg2600

• 1 month later...

Carl from Songbird told me yesterday that the H2's were done and someone was walking around with them at CGE... Could'nt confirm it, but asked around hoping to trying one out yesterday on the XM that Mitch Orman and I were using to do compatability testing on the XM...

If the H2 is done and available, please email me: curt@atarimuseum.com as I would like to get one asap so that I can do some testing of it, the XM runs completely fine with the CC2's but the H2's will be the new replacement, so I'd like to see how it behaves with the XM... thanks

Curt

• Like 3

The latest holdup is that Concerto saw yet another ground-up redesign a couple of months ago. Like, I started from scratch. There were innumerable difficulties with supporting 1MB (all prior designs, even dating back to 2009, supported 512k) and I had to rethink the whole thing. I'm still trying to make it work.

It's CPUWIZ's fault for making that 1MB board. Just kidding, blame those who whined when his board came out, insisting that Concerto should support 1MB. Or maybe you could praise them for making it a little better (even though they made you wait :_( )

So to all you wiseguys thinking of making a 2MB board, stop now :) (Actually, I'm being serious... don't do it!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...