IGNORED

2 questionable Craigslist adds.

darthkur

First, here's one where some guy hopes that some poor uninformed sap will hand him over a 10k game for pennies. It's Stadium Events mania.

http://asheville.cra...1604755949.html

Here's a "too good to be true" add. I envision one or two scenarios. #1 you go to meet the "seller" to pick up your bargains but instead have a gang of hoodlums beat you senseless, take you wallet and car and leave you for dead. #2 Some idiot has a truckload of stolen goods that he's selling out of and you arrive just shortly before the police do, just so you can be implicated as well. (I know it's not "classic gaming" per say but didn't feel like make a separate post.)

http://asheville.cra...1607857453.html

First, here's one where some guy hopes that some poor uninformed sap will hand him over a 10k game for pennies. It's Stadium Events mania.

Here's a "too good to be true" add. I envision one or two scenarios. #1 you go to meet the "seller" to pick up your bargains but instead have a gang of hoodlums beat you senseless, take you wallet and car and leave you for dead. #2 Some idiot has a truckload of stolen goods that he's selling out of and you arrive just shortly before the police do, just so you can be implicated as well. (I know it's not "classic gaming" per say but didn't feel like make a separate post.)

I sent him an email:

Hello, I have a copy of "Stadium Events" that mom bought me for Christmas but she had passed away before she could give it to me. I had recently found it in her attic. Are you interested in buying it?

Kenny Temprano

I sent him an email:

Hello, I have a copy of "Stadium Events" that mom bought me for Christmas but she had passed away before she could give it to me. I had recently found it in her attic. Are you interested in buying it?

Kenny Temprano

response:

so for over 20 years she forgot to give to you, your a fuckin idiot, nice try

I sent him an email:

Kenny Temprano

response:

so for over 20 years she forgot to give to you, your a fuckin idiot, nice try

Reply, "No. She passed away when I was 12 and my father was left to raise me. He recently passed and while cleaning out the attic, I found it still sealed."

my response:

She died. Your a peace of shit. No chance in hell I would sell it to you now.

his response:

listen to what you wrote me, your a piece of shit, if she died or not, thats not my fuckin problem, the problem is you emailing me

with your stupid story, again nice try oh yeah my mother bought something for me over 20 years ago and when she bought it she put it

in her attic, and forgot to give it to me, you are a fucking idiot one more time King Gwedo, the name fits you well,must be italian with a

stupid story like that

my final response before blocking him:

You are the scum of the earth. My dear and beloved mother worked for Walmart and she would bring me home a new game every week and she saved this one for Christmas and she died on 9/11 and I never got to see her on Christmas day now the game she bought me! I hope God punishes you! you are an evil soul! I am now putting it on ebay and making over $10,000 on it or perhaps $21,000!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403840977501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140384097750&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

my response:

She died. Your a peace of shit. No chance in hell I would sell it to you now.

his response:

listen to what you wrote me, your a piece of shit, if she died or not, thats not my fuckin problem, the problem is you emailing me

with your stupid story, again nice try oh yeah my mother bought something for me over 20 years ago and when she bought it she put it

in her attic, and forgot to give it to me, you are a fucking idiot one more time King Gwedo, the name fits you well,must be italian with a

stupid story like that

my final response before blocking him:

You are the scum of the earth. My dear and beloved mother worked for Walmart and she would bring me home a new game every week and she saved this one for Christmas and she died on 9/11 and I never got to see her on Christmas day now the game she bought me! I hope God punishes you! you are an evil soul! I am now putting it on ebay and making over $10,000 on it or perhaps $21,000!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403840977501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140384097750&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Aww, you shouldn't have blocked him, it would have been enjoyable to watch him dump an e-load in his e-boxers :lol::roll:

Wow what's with the Italian stab on a topic like story telling? That's not even a base for an Italian joke. It's not like you said you were hairy or loud or anything :roll: :P .

I'm Italian BTW.

he replied, again:

you are a fucking idiot walmart didnt even exsist when this game was made stupid ginnie, fuck your mother soul, she would be pissed that you could make up a bull shit story like this and disgrace the stupid italian community too, again fuck your mother and fuck you

my email address is KINGGWEDO@AOL.COM so he assumes Im italian. Im half italian and half argentinian.

I replied back:

walmart has been around since 1962 you fuckin jerk-off!!!! again, your never going to get a copy of my MINT IN BOX game now! youre a loser!

Edited by CARTRIDGE STEALER

He (and or she) is a perfect example of why I think it sucks that internet access is available to everybody. People on Craigslist, YouTube, etc. seem to think that they are completely anonymous, and, therefore, conduct themselves as though they can get away with saying anything. It's the perfect scenario for the perpetuation of debase language and idiocrity. Gwedo? I'm pretty sure he'd think twice before saying that in public. The same standards should be observed for internet conduct. I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm weary of such stupidity and hostility...

...and what comes to mind at the moment is when that GameBoyReviewer guy that called me the eff word last year, because I called him out on not reading the instruction manual before doing a colloquially tired review of the 2600 E.T. cart.

People are jerks. Sometimes, I'm embarrassed to be one.

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise

What is the point of this thread anymore?

The Craigslist add did not specify a price, just that he was looking for a game. Then you go and send him a bogus reply and act all surprised when it devolves.

This is why I avoid Craigslist. We all know that it is becoming the scummy back alley of on line trading. Your posts here just prove that you are a part of the problem.

I get on Atariage to interact and learn about games and systems - not this stuff.

The Craigslist add did not specify a price, just that he was looking for a game. Then you go and send him a bogus reply and act all surprised when it devolves.

This is why I avoid Craigslist. We all know that it is becoming the scummy back alley of on line trading. Your posts here just prove that you are a part of the problem.

I get on Atariage to interact and learn about games and systems - not this stuff.

I guess I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to talk about things that directly pertain to the buying and selling of classic games. Craigslist is a major avenue for trade of this stuff...color me confused for finding this thread (and all of its posts) to be ON topic...

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise
  • Like 1

I guess I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to talk about things that directly pertain to the buying and selling of classic games. Craigslist is a major avenue for trade of this stuff...color me confused for finding this thread (and all of its posts) to be ON topic...

Maybe I missed something. It looks like someone starts a post about a Craigslist add where someone is looking to buy a video game. A rare game for sure, but still just an online want add. He wasn't listing a buying price, just that he was looking for the game. Then someone posts a bogus reply to the add with a made up story in order to yank the guy's chain, and posts it here. Then it turns into a grade school playground back and forth full of foul languange and personal insults, all posted here.

I am not sure how any of that "directly pertains to the buying and selling of classic video games".

• Like 1

Maybe I missed something. It looks like someone starts a post about a Craigslist add where someone is looking to buy a video game. A rare game for sure, but still just an online want add. He wasn't listing a buying price, just that he was looking for the game. Then someone posts a bogus reply to the add with a made up story in order to yank the guy's chain, and posts it here. Then it turns into a grade school playground back and forth full of foul languange and personal insults, all posted here.

I am not sure how any of that "directly pertains to the buying and selling of classic video games".

...rolls eyes and leaves playground...

• Like 1

No, the guy didn't state an offered price because more than likely he was hoping to get the damn thing for pennies and then immediately roll it over on fleabay for a five figured number. So to spell it out to you and make it easily understandable he has hoping to scam someone out of a valuable object and make a fortune on it. Is that illegal? Of coarse not. But is he a first class jerk and opportunist? You bet. You can say we have no way of knowing his true intentions and I'll agree but I'm playing the odds. Odds are my hypothesis is on the mark. Plus the immature, vulgar and racist remarks this moron made proves the point of what a complete bottom feeder he is. I'd rather slam my foot in a car door that give the time of day to the likes of him.

It's like they say if it's posted on Craigslist is more than likely a scam. Btw the second link has been deleted by the author. My feeling is the author got caught.

I'll bet that's exactly it. I'm shocked it was on for that long.

What was the second link?

The second link was someone supposedly in possession of several brand new Nintendo Wii, XBox 360 and DSi consoles. Both Wii's and XBox 360's were listed at $100 and the DSi's, of which the "seller" posted was available in all colors, for $80. Logically there's a very slim chance that such a "deal" would be legitimate.

As to the first one I made a counter-post of my own in order to inform potential victims. I regret not doing this immediately.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/vgm/1612337184.html

So to spell it out to you and make it easily understandable he has hoping to scam someone out of a valuable object and make a fortune on it. Is that illegal? Of coarse not. But is he a first class jerk and opportunist? You bet.

Yeah, but who wouldnt? If I found the game, or wether it be someone selling at a flea market or at a Salvation Army, I wouldnt go "Oh, that game is worth $10000+ !", I would buy it, sell it, pay off dept and move out of my apartment, lol.

Yeah, but who wouldnt? If I found the game, or wether it be someone selling at a flea market or at a Salvation Army, I wouldnt go "Oh, that game is worth $10000+ !", I would buy it, sell it, pay off dept and move out of my apartment, lol.

Agreed. What long time collector here is paying 'book value' for games anyway? I go thrifting regularly, buy stuff at garage sales and have even posted ads of what I am looking for, though rarely. If someone (or some Goodwill store, or whatever) is willing to sell me something for much less than it's worth because they aren't a hardcore collector and don't know - how does that make me a jerk? Shit guys, craiglist, flea markets, Value Village, etc wouldn't exist at all if millions of people 'in the know' weren't out hunting for valuable stuff that's cheaper than it should be. :roll:

• Like 1