IGNORED

New Games Iron Soldier 2 & Skyhammer!

kev187

Just picked up two new games.

I went to songbird to oder Skyhammer & Carl had a Cartridge version of IS2 in stock!!!! I sold my Jag CD a while back (never used it really) But i have been hunting down a copy of IS2 in cartridge for for a while now. The last copy went on ebay for $125. Although, it was still an expensive purchase I grabbed it!

Skyhammer is so very impressive, I cannot believe how smooth the framerate is for the jag in a 360 free floating 3-D shooter. I am very impressed, the music is great. I wish the Jag had games like this when I got my original Jag back in 1995. I had the music turned up & was really into it.

Iron Soldier 2 is a great improvement over the original, would be nice to have the CD redbook soundtrack, but its fun none the less... little on the hard side, but I need to spend more time with it to get used to the controls again!

Been grabbing a lot of stuff lately, just in the last couple months, been snagging things up. Spent some big money on these two games... but what the hell!!!

skyhammer1.jpg

is211.jpg

I like skyhammer a lot, although it's a bit unstable and frequently erases my saves so I've never gotten very far in it (you can't just leave it running either as it crashes on you too). My favorite parts have you dropping bombs on swarms of tanks (up to about 30 of them) that are flooding the streets later in the first level. The framerate can drop very low when there's enough going on but it still look nice.

As for IS2, looks very nice but for some reason I prefer the first one...

Edited by Willard

Maybe this is what I used...

All weapons, 50,000 credits, and advance to the next city.

category_instructions_84x10.gif

Enter code while docked

category_code_33x10.gifcategory_effect_44x10.gif Press *, 0, 9, 1, 0, 1, 9, 9, 3, # All weapons, 50,000 credits, and advance to the next city.

http://jaguar.cheatfreak.com/SkyHammer-cheat-code-All-weapons-50000-credits-and-advance-to-the-next-city/215-26636-13370.html

SKYHAMMER is one of the Jaguar's best games in all categories: graphics, sound, and gameplay. It's a real keeper. Enjoy it.

The IRON SOLDIER 2 cart is a great game. I am not all bothered by the lack of music, it makes the action more intense w/o music in my opinion. The graphics are somewhat better than the first IRON SOLDIER but since IS2 is a much harder game, I always end up having more fun with IS1. Still, IS2 is a great addition to any Jaguar collection. Enjoy!

Maybe this is what I used...

All weapons, 50,000 credits, and advance to the next city.

category_instructions_84x10.gif

Enter code while docked

category_code_33x10.gifcategory_effect_44x10.gif Press *, 0, 9, 1, 0, 1, 9, 9, 3, # All weapons, 50,000 credits, and advance to the next city.

http://jaguar.cheatfreak.com/SkyHammer-cheat-code-All-weapons-50000-credits-and-advance-to-the-next-city/215-26636-13370.html

What exactly is considered "while docked?" when you pause the came, or 1st start out?

This would be a nice bonus :-D

I think they mean while you are in one of the repair docks...

Never tried those cheats but SkyHammer is a pretty good game and a good showcase of the Jaguar.

I have not read the instructions yet, just been blasting around, did not realize there was a repair dock ;-) Ill have to try some things out today! I am enjoying the new games!

Skyhammer and IS2 have long since been favorites of mine, easily in my top ten, probably both in my top 5 if I really thought about it. Great graphics and music on both (IS2CD; does IS2 cart have any music?), and smooth frame rates on both. A note on Skyhammer, as you get credits and improve your engines the game gets even faster and smoother, and controls also are purposely not as good as they can get with upgrades, including strafing horizontally and vertically. I think the graphics get better in the later cities in Skyhammer too. Also there is a trick to make your game saves more secure; after finishing all business in the dock, before you save game progress, leave the dock, then immediately re-enter the dock and then save the game. I do this too after using the tunnel transfer. Save often, at least every mission, wave or return the the dock, becuase the game does occasionally crash, and if you've played for an hour without saving, you've lost that hour of progress.

Both games are definately a credit to the Jaguar.

Edited by Gunstar