IGNORED

No sound on Theme Park

Organisation64

Hi all,

I'm trying to play Theme Park on my Atari Jaguar but there's no sound or music from the game at all. The game plays fine, and it boots up without a red screen; the Jaguar boot screen growls etc but there has never been sound in the game.

I've cleaned the cartridge connector thoroughly with a contact cleaner as well as cleaning the system connector itself. None of the contacts are damaged on the cartridge.

All my other games play sound perfectly. It's so frustrating because I love that game, so many childhood memories.

Can anybody shed some light on this please?

This sounds (sorry :P) very strange ; there's no way for a manufacturing defect to cause such problems. If there were a problem with connections or the ROM contents, you'd get a red screen. Unless they manufactured a batch of ROMs from a bad version of the game, it's perplexing.

Edited by Zerosquare

Ive tried turning the in game sound on and off in the options menu. No change =\

Try pressing 0 hard during a gameplay regular screen, not just in the options menu. Try a different controller too. Make sure the volume is all the way up on your TV to be sure in case the games' volume level is real low. Clean the hell out of the contacts with alcohol.

And try resetting the eeprom memory chip by pressing; option + # + * holding them down all together for 5-10 seconds on both the title screen and options menus.

I haven't played Theme Park at all, but watch a Youtube video of it to determine exactly what sound FX and music you are supposed to be hearing. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

I've had the exact same problem some years ago, but it got resolved. I don't remember what the problem was but I think it had something to do with fiddling with the sound settings. Can't remember me doing a memory reset.

Perhaps try pushing 0 in the main menu? (where you can load game, new game etc.)

I loaded up this adictive little game, and I can'r find anywhere to controll the sound, but the game is weird unless you have games active that customers are riding then you will have no sound, other then putting a ride up and it singing yeah, so hopefully you tried putting some rides up and opening the park other wise you may think it is broke....by the way the music will drive you insane its just merrygo round songs in loop, but you need the sound cues to know if a ride is on fire or if a kid is barfing somewhere else in the park.

Their is a cool trick to make tons of $$$ put Duck shoot in right at the start of the park now hit the button 3 on the controller go to the ? and change the ride make it 90% Probability, $400 Prize, $500 price per game, as the game progresses continue to raise the price per game, the kids go nuts for it because they always win in the 5 minutes the game has been on I made $19539 off of the one outside the gate and $31062 off the one inside the park....even though it is listed as a poor ride.

Also put most of your money in the think tank and have them make shops 1st (you need drink and burger joints bad)then move 1/2 over to rides, and so on.

on shops all need to be tweaked to make money, so salt up the fries and ice up the drinks, stick a mascot outside if you go to far in one direction, also get mechanics from the get go the Bouncie Castle will explode other wise...crazy adictie game, but it will not save your park only your $$, so only play on a day that you have time to kill.

Sadly, being addicted to this game on 3DO, I know most of the tricks, the 3D0's was better cause you could save your park and see a cartoon of your ride in action, Jags has more fun flukes in the game though, the duck shoot trick would not work on the 3D0, also all the glitches in the Jag one make it more fun

*UPDATE*

As I said, I'd ordered another copy of Theme Park for the Jag. Well, it arrived and I've been playing it. I finally have sound effects (albeit the volume is a little low compared to the growling boot screen) but theres no music (like from the rides and stuff).

Is this how its meant to be? Music and sound is turned on in the options menu and Im hearing the normal sound effects.

Also, why do the Theme Park carts not have 'Atari' pressed into the plastic?

*UPDATE*

As I said, I'd ordered another copy of Theme Park for the Jag. Well, it arrived and I've been playing it. I finally have sound effects (albeit the volume is a little low compared to the growling boot screen) but theres no music (like from the rides and stuff).

Is this how its meant to be? Music and sound is turned on in the options menu and Im hearing the normal sound effects.

Also, why do the Theme Park carts not have 'Atari' pressed into the plastic?

You only get music when people are on the rides and you are right over them.

There is no Atari logo on the cart because the game is not by Atari ;)

If you like you can post the cart to me and I will test it on my Jag

That seems like a good idea. None of my friends have even heard of an Atari Jaguar, most haven't even heard of Atari. I have 2 carts now. The first one which had no sound or music, and this second one where there is sound but no music.

Would it be my Jag thats the problem though?

Their is only one song it only will play when people ride the rides, its like duda-dudt-dad-dud-dud-dat over and over, and their are times that it will just stop playing, the game is a little weird like that...I have played around with mine and I can not find any button combonation that will make the music go off.

Trust me this in game music you seek will just drive you insane once you have it , the only games to have worst in game music were old NES LJN titles like Back to the future and Bill and Ted

On the vast majority of Jaguar cartridges, there are several ways to control music and/or sound effects. The first way is through a menu screen(s), the second is by pressing "pause" during the game and then pushing the a, b, or c buttons to reveal volume bars for music, sound, etc. The third way for music only is pressing the ZERO key on the keypad during gameplay. A fourth way may be just pressing [option] in-game or [pause] then [optiom]. On some games any of these could potentionally confilict with each other, depending on the game. And as others stated, the best thing to start with before checking out all of the above is to reset the memory eeprom by holding down the [option]+[#]+[*] keys all at once and holding them down, usually the Jaguar will inform you with a "cartridge memory reset" text. Sound effects and music must all be turned on or volume up through all the above ways, usually the ZERO key or anything done in-game OVERRIDES settings done in a menu.

• Like 2