IGNORED

HELP! Need to play Burgertime for Colecovision..

Armonigann

Hey guys, I got Burgertime the other week along with a few other carts for the Colecovision. I cleaned them all and they all play great except BT.

I still pop it in every so often to see if maybe it changed its mind to let me play :D but no luck :( . The screen just displays as if no game was inserted at all (Start up).

For some reason the console thinks no game is in.

I've tried everything and the actual cart inside and out look new.

Do carts just die?

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make a game play even if you've cleaned, shined, etc..Please, I've yet to play BT for Coleco and would love to get this cart to fire up :)

Hey guys, I got Burgertime the other week along with a few other carts for the Colecovision. I cleaned them all and they all play great except BT.

I still pop it in every so often to see if maybe it changed its mind to let me play :D but no luck :( . The screen just displays as if no game was inserted at all (Start up).

Do carts just die?

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make a game play even if you've cleaned, shined, etc..Please, I've yet to play BT for Coleco and would love to get this cart to fire up :)

Sounds to me like you need to clean the cartridge slot.

Unplug the power supply first.

I highly recommend De-oxit by Caig. It is expensive but an excellent product. I take a strip of poster board about a foot long and the width of the cartridge slot and fold it in half put De-oxit on the folded edge and gently insert and remove poster board a dozen or so times. You may want to fold over in another spot and repeat. If you don't want to go to the expense of buying the good stuff, use 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), make sure it is the 99% and not the watery 70% crap.

Wait several minutes after cleaning the slot before restoring power to the unit.

If cleaning the cartridge slot doesn't help you may need to attempt cartridge repair.

If all fails I will sell you a nice tested working copy of BurgerTime for $18 shipping included.

Take it apart and re-heat all the solder points with a hot soldering iron. Look for cracks in the pc board. Might see if you can try that cartridge in someone else's Colecovision just for funzies.

I've actually tried the cart in all 3 of my consoles and still a no show..Thanks for the soldering advice ;)

Do carts just die?

Sounds to me like you need to clean the cartridge slot.

Unplug the power supply first.

I highly recommend De-oxit by Caig. It is expensive but an excellent product. I take a strip of poster board about a foot long and the width of the cartridge slot and fold it in half put De-oxit on the folded edge and gently insert and remove poster board a dozen or so times. You may want to fold over in another spot and repeat. If you don't want to go to the expense of buying the good stuff, use 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), make sure it is the 99% and not the watery 70% crap.

Wait several minutes after cleaning the slot before restoring power to the unit.

If cleaning the cartridge slot doesn't help you may need to attempt cartridge repair.

If all fails I will sell you a nice tested working copy of BurgerTime for $18 shipping included.

18 bucks?? I think I'll just try to repair this one ;)

18 bucks?? I think I'll just try to repair this one ;)

Before I got a copy, I always saw this game listed on Ebay for around $15 since then I got a duplicate from a large ColecoVision lot. I am not really trying to sell it, just offering if you need one.

It's a really good arcade port and a lot of fun. I hope you get yours working.

Yurkie, I know you're a good guy, and don't mean to sound mean, but those prices are list prices on Ebay-- not sale prices. People get those confused all the time. To me, the more important number is what something successfully SOLD for, not someone's asking price.

The last one to actually SELL on Ebay was for $10.51 + $4 shipping, and was part of a lot of 4 games-- DK, Zaxxon, Pepper II, and BurgerTime. :) So if you break it down equally, you *could* say it sold for $2.63 + $1 shipping. One with manual sold by itself, too, for $11.95 shipped. :)