IGNORED

Game suggestions for GBA?

AtariChick

The new Yoshi game is Kid and Adult compatible... It really is tons of fun.

I does get a little difficult near the end, but it's really simple for the most part. My 4 year old plays it (Albeit not very well)

She'll enjoy it :-)

(The greatest gift for any GBA user is a flash cart and programmer $~200 these days I think. Then you can play any game you want at any time)

Probably borderline to playing a more mature set of games (I'm sure some friends already are, with or without their parent's approval) but this is a list that should be a fine compromise between the two:

* Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World

* Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

* Breath of Fire (I + II)

* Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts

* Super Mario Kart

* Mega Man Zero

Plenty of action, adventure, and side-scrolling fun with no super gruesome violence or big FPS type shooting. Castlevania: SOTN might be good too if you have the Afterburner kit or a good light for your screen. :roll:

for someone that young, get Yoshis Island. if they are young, they never got to enjoy tis classic peice of great platforming. the klonoa game on gba is pretty good too. also try golden sun, since its a pretty simple rpg thats easy to pick up and play.

Probably borderline to playing a more mature set of games (I'm sure some friends already are, with or without their parent's approval) but this is a list that should be a fine compromise between the two:

* Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World

* Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

* Breath of Fire (I + II)

* Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts

* Super Mario Kart

* Mega Man Zero

Plenty of action, adventure, and side-scrolling fun with no super gruesome violence or big FPS type shooting.  Castlevania: SOTN might be good too if you have the Afterburner kit or a good light for your screen.  :roll:

SGG and MMZ are SUPER difficult games, I get frustrated with them. I wouldn't recommend those.

However anything Mario is a good bet.

SGG and MMZ are SUPER difficult games, I get frustrated with them.  I wouldn't recommend those.

However anything Mario is a good bet.

It depends on whether the kid enjoys a good challenge and can handle a little frustration or not. There are parts of Yoshi's Island that are EXTREMELY frustrating (both on SNES and the GBA port) especially if you want the perfect 100 score, but that's what keeps me coming back for more. :)

Castlevania: SOTN might be good too if you have the Afterburner kit or a good light for your screen.  :roll:

heh you sure there's a Castlevania: SOTN for gba? ;) I think you mean Castlevania: Harmony Of Dissonance :) However that game ends up looking not half bad on the GBA since they learned their lesson from the first GBA Castlevania game. (i.e. the screen is much brighter with more colors etc.). However, having said that of course ANY gba game would still benefit from a good light. :P