IGNORED

I really want a Jaguar CD. Where can I get one?

Organisation64

I know they're super-rare and stuff but I want one so bad! I live in the UK, theres one on eBay UK here brand new in the box, unopened selling for £200 (which is, I think, just over $300).

Its a bit out of my budget. Does anyone know where these things are most commonly found? Any particular websites?

Best Electronics has them brand new and refurbished. Good prices!

Best Atari Jaguar

I know they're super-rare and stuff but I want one so bad! I live in the UK, theres one on eBay UK here brand new in the box, unopened selling for £200 (which is, I think, just over $300).

Its a bit out of my budget. Does anyone know where these things are most commonly found? Any particular websites?

There was one on eBay this week buy-it-now for £90 in a tatty box. There was one a couple of weeks ago with some really good discs for around £150. If you're patient & prepared to check regularly, there are better deals than £200.

BTW, Telegames also have brand new ones for £200 with a couple of extra games, but like you said it's pricey.

Persoanlly, I went for a brand new one when replacing the old one I'd passed on - you can't beat that fresh from the box works first time every time feeling.

I managed to get one on ebay uk for £50, supposedly not working, but just needed the spindle popping up.

Unfortunately I did not like the CD games that much so sold it on:D

I can recommend Best and B+C if you want to import from the States, great service from both retailers

Thanks for the replies. I'll definately be checking out some of the sources you've provided.

I guess I don't really want the Jaguar CD for its games catalog, but more because of its rarity.

I've got a habit of collecting hardware and games just because its rare, regardless of its playability factor. :)

Edited by Organisation64

1632 are out of stock on the CD units at the moment, but Nick is trying to source some.

He has a pretty good price on NIB Jaguars with Cybermorph + a.n.other game for £39.00+shipping. Way cheaper than a used boxed system on evilbay:thumbsup:

So good I had to buy one :D

Thanks for the replies. I'll definately be checking out some of the sources you've provided.

I guess I don't really want the Jaguar CD for its games catalog, but more because of its rarity.

I've got a habit of collecting hardware and games just because its rare, regardless of its playability factor. :)

Some of the Jag's best games are on CD, why one guy replied that he sold his becuase he didn't like the games is rare, I wonder which ones he tried. Battlemorph, Iron Soldier 2, Hover Strike U.L., World Tour Racing and Primal Rage to name a few top titles. But there are other titles that are the best versions, if you like these types of games; Braindead 13, Dragon's lair, Myst, etc. Tons of homebrew and small dev. team works are out or coming out on CD too. The VLM for music CD's should not be overlooked either.

As for reliability, I've heard of a lot of problems with jag units reading discs, usually fixed with a transport replacement, sometimes it's just someone who doesn't realize that a spindle is pressed to far down, a simple 10 second fix with a flat head screw driver, I've reparied a couple myself, But, I owned my first Jaguar CD for 13 years and never had a problem with it, used on a nearly daily basis for all those years, sold it in excellent working condition and as far as I know, it could still be working fine today with it's second or third, etc. owner. Since, I bought a used one that I have now had for 2 years working perfectly. I have no idea how long and often it was used before I got it, or if it had been repaired. My theory is if you keep it clean with no sudden voltage jumps or power losses and no dropping it on concrete, it will work for you for years. Expecially if you buy it new. The less it gets plugged and unplugged with the console and the combined power supplies the better, every time is a potential danger for voltage spikes. And make sure the units are shut off before plugging and unplugging them.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I'd love to go to Jagfest UK, what exactly happens there?

Also, does anyone know roughly how much (in $ or £) Nick sells Jaguar CD's for?

Its spead over 3 days friday night through to sunday afternoon, we sit around play games and drink lots of beer! :cool:

There are usually loads of other consoles there too and we also have tournaments, Nicks's shop, a big meal and make some great new friends along the way.

I seem to remember that Nick was doing them for £100 with a load of games.