IGNORED

1025 manual

atari frank

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro-bump but did anyone every find a 1025 manual? I just acquired one pretty much new in box but it seems to have a problem. I'd like to know that I've set it up right before I start taking it apart to work out what's wrong.

Just had a thought. I'm running the printer via a UK to US step down transformer. Does anyone know how much of a load the 1025 would pull? I'm wondering if my transformer doesn't have the grunt required.

Does the printer current PSU say how much it pulls (even if it is VA?). Normally it does? If we know the VA then we could calculate the load required?

What's the step down rated for?

Just had a thought. I'm running the printer via a UK to US step down transformer. Does anyone know how much of a load the 1025 would pull? I'm wondering if my transformer doesn't have the grunt required.

Does the printer current PSU say how much it pulls (even if it is VA?). Normally it does? If we know the VA then we could calculate the load required?

What's the step down rated for?

I *think* the plate on the printer says 120V @ 8A (back in it's box at the moment but I can check later). The transformer is only rated for 150W max, 125W continuous so guess that could be an issue (are W = V x A ? bit rusty there).

D'oh! Thanks I didn't think of checking AtariMania. At least I know how to load the ribbon correctly now.

I *think* the plate on the printer says 120V @ 8A (back in it's box at the moment but I can check later). The transformer is only rated for 150W max, 125W continuous so guess that could be an issue (are W = V x A ? bit rusty there).

Ah, so 120V at 8A is 960W (W = V x A), wow nearly a kilowatt. I assume this is max. Anyway, at 125W continuous, you're only meeting about 12% of the power demands!

Are you sure @ 8A 120V at 8A? That's a lot of juice! :)

Thinking some more, this is probably 120V at 0.8A, which is approx 96W - really struggling with a 1025 drawing nearly a kW!!

Thinking some more, this is probably 120V at 0.8A, which is approx 96W - really struggling with a 1025 drawing nearly a kW!!

Yes I did wonder and on closer inspection you're right. There is a tiny decimal place on the plate so .8A at 120V which sounds much more reasonable. My transformer appears to be a little flaky though so I'll pick up another before I worry too much more.

Thanks for the advice!

It's alive! ALIVE !

New step down transformer did the job. I've just printed a directory listing from SpartaDOS and feel strangely smug about it !

Thanks again for the assistance.

BTW - I see the manual mentions a paper roll accessory. Were these ever actually produced?

I still need to source a low cost ribbon for mine.

I've seen them advertised for as little as a couple of pounds over here. They're the same as OKI Microline 80 ribbons. Look here: http://www.iclickink...duct/815/1066fn

I'm sure you should be able to find them locally but if not I'd be happy to send some over for cost + shipping. Can't see they'd cost anything to ship.

Now 1029 ribbons ...

Edited by spookt

Speaking of 1029 ribbons

http://www.atinkcart...kosha_SP80.html

Yeah I saw that last night (this thread sent me off on a hunt) but I was concerned that the image on the page looks nothing like a 1029 ribbon cart. Guess it's probably just a stock image. Something lead me to a Tally ribbon which might be compatible with 1029 and seems to be easy to get hold of. I've got one coming and if it works I'll post the details.

Well I know for sure that the Seikosha SP80 ribbon fits, becuase those are what I used to buy when I had my 1029

[EDIT]

I looked up a couple of the other printers it states these are compatible with and they all have the long cartridge type... Obviously my memory and the FAQ are wrong.

Edited by orpheuswaking