IGNORED

Programming Subforums?

Lucky Man

I didn't see any discussion about this, but I just noticed that all of the programming subforums have also been added to the various console forums.

No Sir, I don't like it!

I think it just clutters up the Forum. Most of us aren't programmers, so it seems to me the best place for the programming subforums should be the Programming Forum. Eh? :ponder:

There's a large discussion about this taking place in the Atari 8-bit forum right now, where the general consensus (by far) was to move the 8-bit programming forum into the Atari 8-bit forum. To b consistent, I did the same with the other forums. I am going to change the typeface of the subforum links on the main index so they are not as obtrusive.

..Al

I'm not saying I don't appreciate you programmer types, but I think one listing of each programming forum is enough.

I'm unlikely to change this now, but I am working on making those links stand out much less so they aren't in your face. This is something I've actually wanted to do for a while. I'll probably change the graphic that appears before the subforum links as well, as I've never been happy with that.

..Al

It seems we (the TI-99/4A programming subforum) are the only ones left in the programming section.

Feels a bit lonely know. As a homebrew programmer I hang out most of the time in the programming sections.

I liked checking out what happened in the other programming subforums to tune in on the latests replies.

Now it only says "redirected hits: xxx".

Question: is it possible to have muliple "entry" points to a subforum and still show their lates replies ?

Doing so would be like having best of both worlds.

Example: have the colecovision and Atari programming subforums appear where they were before and additionally in their

new place.

Still we are very, very happy we finally have a little spot at Atariage.

It is really boosting the TI community. So again, big thanks for that. :)

Feels a bit lonely know. As a homebrew programmer I hang out most of the time in the programming sections.

I liked checking out what happened in the other programming subforums to tune in on the latests replies.

Now it only says "redirected hits: xxx".

Question: is it possible to have muliple "entry" points to a subforum and still show their lates replies ?

Doing so would be like having best of both worlds.

It is not possible right now, but that's a good idea and I wonder how difficult it would be to implement. I'll have to look into it--it could be easy or it could be a big pain in the neck. :D

..Al

I've made some changes to how the subforums are displayed so they take up a fair bit less space than they did before. Better?

..Al

The smaller Subforum font is better, but in the 2600 Forum right now, there is a complete page of Subforums and pinned topics before you get to the new posts below. Seems a bit much to me. But if this might help get us a few more new homebrews, I guess it's worth scrolling down the page every time. :)