IGNORED

Synapse Poster

jacobus

I've been working on this for the last few days - all I need is a high rez scan of Alley Cat (wink wink, nudge nudge, nag nag) to finish it. When complete, I can provide a 150DPI version of the file can that be sent to Wal-Mart (or anyone else who does large prints) for printing as a 30" x 20" poster (approximately $25)

I'd like to invite other collectors to put together similar posters for other publishers (EA, Infocom, etc) (I used MS Publisher - but it could be done in almost any DTP program)

It would be nice to have a library of posters available. (and really nice to have a scan of Alley Cat too!!!)

post-11281-126712248942_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah... no one ever said back in the day that it requires OS-B to play correctly...

Maybe someone will do "non OS-b" fix for this (or maybe it is somewhere?).

This copy of Shadow World works on XL/XE. I seem to remember that Slime and Nautilus are the only Synapse games that don't have XL versions yet. Could be mistaken tho.

Shadow World.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

All except for the low rez scan I have of Alley Cat - can anyone help?

Since I like the idea of the poster, I've played a little bit with your Alley Cat low-rez scan (sorry, I also haven't the box). Maybe you like the result.

post-7778-127383619438_thumb.png

Edited by Irgendwer

All except for the low rez scan I have of Alley Cat - can anyone help?

Since I like the idea of the poster, I've played a little bit with your Alley Cat low-rez scan (sorry, I also haven't the box). Maybe you like the result.

Thanks for the effort! I still have some (although diminishing) hope that an owner of the original packaging will appear. If you want a copy of the work-in-progress poster, let me know.

I'd love to see one done up with all the Infocom games!

Funny you should mention this...

I have been working on an Infocom version with scans taken from my own collection. I had quite a bit of trouble deciding the layout. First kick at the cat was simply alphabetical:

post-11281-127410276326_thumb.jpg

Next I tried chronological:

post-11281-12741027134_thumb.jpg

My current favourite is by Genre:

post-11281-12741032072_thumb.jpg

Edited by jacobus
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...

In the time since I posted (and forgot about this) I did find a copy of Alley Cat - I should update my poster!

Would be nice. Mabye you can exchange also other box art on your poster with the ones from the archive - to get rid of the system stickers...

Edited by Irgendwer

Funny you should mention this...

I have been working on an Infocom version with scans taken from my own collection. I had quite a bit of trouble deciding the layout. First kick at the cat was simply alphabetical:

attachicon.gifsmall Infocom All Titles - (3) Alphabetically.jpg

Next I tried chronological:

attachicon.gifsmall Infocom All Titles - (1) Cronologically.jpg

My current favourite is by Genre:

attachicon.gifsmall Infocom All Titles - (2) By Genre.jpg

I like the Genre version

• 1 year later...