IGNORED

Sesman Is Back

budburns

For those who were brave enough to download my graphic adventure, I have made a few changes to the order of the quests and the amount of clues given in order to improve the game flow... Remember to save often. Yeah, it's a crazy game, but I drew all of the graphics by hand and it makes me laugh. :P Let me know if it makes you laugh too. (130XE or better)

SesmanV2.zip

• Like 1

"(130XE or better)", no? icon_smile.gif

Set the memory to at least 128kB and it will run.

Hmm... there can be put some TRAP with suitable info, though...

I see your point Miker. The thing is, I wrote this program awhile back on a real 130xe and 1050 drive, and I was cutting back every line of code I possibly could just to get the 3 sectors free on the disk to allow the 3 game saves. I had to shave off the last bytes of the pictures that were under the text window to fit everything on 1 "enhanced density" disk. I hate waiting for a picture to load everytime you change location in a game, so I decided to use the RAMDISK to store them, which unfortunately broke compatibility with anything less than 128k. If I had APE back then this game would have been a hard drive image with 100 locations instead of 19, with unlimited saves. But we do the best we can with what we have... Let me see if I can tweak the picture loader to be more verbose and still keep the 3 sectors free.

Thanks for all of your input. I have improved the picture loader by adding this message when there is not enough memory for the ramdisk to load. Please feel free to share any other comments about the program. If you like it or hate it or whatever...

(New Version is attached.. Still needs 128k or better)

SesmanV2_1.zip

post-11990-126765639757_thumb.png

Edited by budburns
  • Like 2

• 9 years later...

2010 - V2.1

2019 - V1.06

:party:

This version is a fork of the unreleased 1.05 version. :P With that being said 2 item-based bugs were inadvertently re-introduced. One causes the player to be stuck in a no-win situation resulting in either not being able to leave one particular area, or sure death depending on your circumstances. The other is caused by an item's parameters not being completely defined, resulting in strange output in one particular place. To activate the bugs you would need to do things with the items in an illogical manner. This game is just to make me laugh, and if it makes you laugh too then my job is done. But while we're at it I challenge anyone here to find the 2 bugs I mentioned. (Or any others...)

• Like 1