IGNORED

Changing Playfields

Cliff Friedel

Hi. I am new to bB and have a question. I am currently writing my first bB program and am trying to change the playfield when I hit up on the joystick. When I run the program, I see the default playfield. When I hit up, I should see an A that stays there. Instead, it flashes up and then the screen goes blank. Not sure why this is happening. Below is the code. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

The goal is to build a program that kids can use to build a quiz platform like jeopardy. There will be a microswitch for each direction connected to a button that they press to answer. The first one to press the button will have their letter show up on the screen. Once the question is answered, the judges will press a microswitch connected to the joystick button that will reset the playfield to the READY screen.

Thanks for your help!

Cliff

default.bas

Thanks for the help. Can't believe it was something so dumb. Sorry to waste your time =)

Wasn't a waste of time. I adjusted one or two other small things in your code while I was at it. Every time I try to help someone else, it helps me understand bB a little more or get more comfortable with it and that means I might get some of my own games finished.