IGNORED

Night Stalker

JacobZu7zu7

Here's a game I played first time this last week, Night Stalker...

wasn't sure what to expect but it impressed me. I do prefer the fastest,

or second fastest game setting...others are a bit tooo slow.

Hmmm, off I go in Night Stalker, Ah! the game has an evil robot beat in the background,

while the action goes. Okay nice, but firstly, I gotta shoot. I saw the grey robot explode from my hit,

and pieces destroy around me. Woah! Didn't expect that, Cool. These Intellivision

graphics and effects, are very interesting when you first experience them, even in 2010.

Then it was time for me to learn my controls properly. Worked on the keypad, sorta

memorized where my fingers need to go, and stopped looking down at the overlay.

One nice feature is one bullet can destroy two things if they are in the path of it.

Looming around as long as I could... shooting and dodging around corners,

got to a high score of about 29,000.

Overall, I find the game pretty addicting and actually like it much more then Berzerk on Atari 2600. (another game of shooting robots) Yeah, Berzerk is fine, but I couldn't get into it much.

This Night Stalker game on Intell, has smarter robots, less traveling around empty black rooms,

and the challenge is more even. Berzerk it seem very easy at first, then suddenly it's impossible.

NS, you have 2 bats, several "DIFFERENT" robots... and also a spider. That to me is much more fun,

and the sound is far superior on Night Stalker. Did I mention sometimes the robots in Berzerk, just

self destruct themselves into a wall?? lol, Duh!! I'd say Dark Cavern for Atari 2600

is a nice competition for Night Stalker. I always had good fun with Dark Cavern.

That was one reason I got Intellivision, because the games are by Mattel, and I knew I liked what they

done on the 2600.

Welcome to the fun addicting if I may say so, world of the Stalker... They seem easy at first, until that nasty black robot that blasts your bunker to kingdom come, and if that wasnt enough, keep going and they turn his butt "invisible" (the same color as the background)... Cheeky little sneaks :)

I remember playing for hours.

If I remember correctly it took a couple of hours before getting to the invisible/blaster bunker robots types.

Does anybody have a PDF copy of the manual? I have the cart, box, inlay and catalog but no Manual :(

I think there is a picture of each robot, there specifications and the number of points it take before they show up.

I love Night Stalker!!! much better than the 2600 version :roll:

I thought the 2600 version was a good translation considering the limitations between the two systems. I played that one at home because I had the Atari 2600 and my friend Scott had the Intellivision. I always thought it was pretty cool I could play some of the INTV games at my house even though they weren't perfect.

Does anybody have a PDF copy of the manual? I have the cart, box, inlay and catalog but no Manual :(

I'd like to see this happen for all the Intellivision manuals. I have 217 Atari 2600, 769 NES and 212 Sega Genesis manuals in PDF format and it's great... not to mention the Atari Manual Tome v1.51. Heck if I had thought of it BEFORE I sold my collection I could have done 65 of these...

DP only has 13 that are in PDF format and I find it odd that no one has done this yet.

I only have the text manual for Night Stalker.

Edited by ClassicGMR

If I remember right, original bot is 300 pts, needing 5,000 to go to new bot (and the bats turning into level 1 bots if hit)

Level 2 bot (single hit) 500pts per hit, level 3 at 15,000

Level 3 bot (White-triple hit) 1,000pts per hit, level 4 at 30k

Level 4 bot (Black-triple hit/white bullet) 2,000pts per hit, level 5 at 50k

Level 5 bot (Black-triple hit/gold bullet/destroys bunker) 2,500pts per hit (I believe 70k for level 6)

Level 6 bot (Blue-triple hit(invisible)/gold bullet/destroys bunker)

Here's a screenshot of the game I played to get the info..

post-25689-126737106125_thumb.jpg

I'd like to see this happen for all the Intellivision manuals. I have 217 Atari 2600, 769 NES and 212 Sega Genesis manuals in PDF format and it's great... not to mention the Atari Manual Tome v1.51. Heck if I had thought of it BEFORE I sold my collection I could have done 65 of these...

DP only has 13 that are in PDF format and I find it odd that no one has done this yet.

...Or have they?

(I don't know anything about the person or persons behind the site and scans -- all I know is that it's a great resource, and I'm grateful to 'em!)

Edited by thegoldenband

...Or have they?

(I don't know anything about the person or persons behind the site and scans -- all I know is that it's a great resource, and I'm grateful to 'em!)

Excellent! very nice find.

What I was looking for is on page 7. See Image.

post-25394-126744470757_thumb.jpg

I got to the invisible robot once. The game was just too hard at that point. No bunker, robots were crazy fast and you still only had 6 shots per gun. Need a new gun? Might as well just suicide yourself.

Let's add this one to the Intv HSC list as well.

One of my favorites - such a great game. Although when it gets fast enough that I can no longer camp out and kill the robots as they spawn I have serious problems surviving.

[edit]I always had good fun with Dark Cavern.

I always like Dark Cavern as well. It felt more "actiony" - like a spinoff of Night Stalker. Of course I'd rather play the original, but it's fun in its own way. Edited by BydoEmpire