IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2+ on eBay

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1303708712571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130370871257&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The same guy who is auctioning a Flashback 2+ which now has 1 bidder at $24.99, also has the Atari 2600 XL T-Shirt up as a separate auction and his shipping charges are outrageous at $24.70 and $7.50 respectively!

Signed,

Rick

The shirt has been cancelled, going to throw it in with the fb2+ due to numerous requests for it.

I Cant control the Ebay Shipping calculator. I enter the actual weights and dimensions of the package when listing a item.

6 pound package in a box measuring 20x18x6 from zip code 28590 is how it is entered on ebay.

I used usps.com to figure shipping to california 94124 - priority 19.90, parcel 13.03. Then figured it to Raleigh NC 27612 - priority 8.30, parcel 7.50

shipping charges vary by zip code. So what may cost 24.70 for you may cost someone else 8 bucks.

Historically If I get a overpayment on shipping, I do refund it back.

• Like 1

I'll fess up to buying this . . . but you need to read the whole post . . .

I was disappointed that I forgot to pre-order the FB2+, so I asked my girlfriend to check around Seattle to see if any were available. Of course she wasn't able to find any, so I resigned myself to buying a regular FB2.

After I had ordered the FB2, I re-found AtariAge and bought a Harmony Cart to use for the now apparently common cartridge mod. Well . . . surprise, surprise, I find this forum and the listing on Ebay.

I immediately bid $34.99 and (sorry thevnaguy) figured that the premium and $20+ shipping was my stupidity tax for missing the pre-order.

Flash-forward to Saturday and my $24.99 bid was unexpectedly still holding top spot. In fact, it was the only bid??? I signed into Ebay and showed this to my girlfriend. I remarked that someone was going to swoop in at the last minute and buy it for $35.99. Well, apparently, while I was in the kitchen making dinner, she decided to take it upon herself to increase my max bid by just a little bit . . . try $200.

Now, I should explain that while I am a starving college student (willing to skip a weekend at the bar if I could get a FB2+), my girlfriend is a successful young chemical engineer with decidedly less cash flow problems.

So, thanks to thevnaguy for putting the FB2+ up for auction, and thanks to my girlfriend for paying me the difference from $34.99. Although now I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot more time in kitchen . . .

• Like 1

I was disappointed that I forgot to pre-order the FB2+, so I asked my girlfriend to check around Seattle to see if any were available. Of course she wasn't able to find any, so I resigned myself to buying a regular FB2.

After I had ordered the FB2, I re-found AtariAge and bought a Harmony Cart to use for the now apparently common cartridge mod. Well . . . surprise, surprise, I find this forum and the listing on Ebay.

I immediately bid $34.99 and (sorry thevnaguy) figured that the premium and $20+ shipping was my stupidity tax for missing the pre-order.

Flash-forward to Saturday and my $24.99 bid was unexpectedly still holding top spot. In fact, it was the only bid??? I signed into Ebay and showed this to my girlfriend. I remarked that someone was going to swoop in at the last minute and buy it for $35.99. Well, apparently, while I was in the kitchen making dinner, she decided to take it upon herself to increase my max bid by just a little bit . . . try $200.

Now, I should explain that while I am a starving college student (willing to skip a weekend at the bar if I could get a FB2+), my girlfriend is a successful young chemical engineer with decidedly less cash flow problems.

So, thanks to thevnaguy for putting the FB2+ up for auction, and thanks to my girlfriend for paying me the difference from $34.99. Although now I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot more time in kitchen . . .

I put two shirts in the box :D (one for you and one for her) they are in a sealed plastic bag in the box, so make sure you get them out before tossing the box out.

Enjoy the system, I have my personal one hooked up and having a blast with it :lust:

• Like 1

Thanks for your story!

You're one lucky guy to find a woman like that, does she have a twin sister?

;)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thevnaguy&ftab=AllFeedback

So what was the bonus cart you got?

:cool:

Signed,

Rick

And she's just your girlfriend and not your wife yet because....? ;)

• Like 2

Sorry guys, no twin sister (or any other sisters). :sad:

We decided not to get married while I am in graduate school. As soon as I finish my PhD, I am sure that she will put on the full-court press . . . after all, most of her girlfriends have already gotten married . . . :ponder:

thevnaguy was really good. He tossed in two Atari t-shirts, and at the bottom of the box, I found a modified Pac-Man cartridge.

I was struggling to describe the cart . . . so, why don't I just post a picture . . .

PacMan1.jpg

PacMan2.jpg

• Like 1

It sold this morning for $87.67 plus $24.70 shipping!

I'm confused, why was it selling for over twice what Atari is charging?

It is easy to say with hindsight that I should not have bid on this FB2+ . . . or let my girlfriend know that I bid on it . . .

However, this Ebay auction was posted after the Pre-order was closed and before the new sales page was posted, so at the time, no one had any idea when the FB2+ would be put out for general sale.

Yes, we overpaid, but that's life. thevnaguy sent me a FB2+ unopened and in perfect condition, so I got exactly what I bid on - and I am happy with the purchase.

• Like 1

It is easy to say with hindsight that I should not have bid on this FB2+ . . . or let my girlfriend know that I bid on it . . .

However, this Ebay auction was posted after the Pre-order was closed and before the new sales page was posted, so at the time, no one had any idea when the FB2+ would be put out for general sale.

Yes, we overpaid, but that's life. thevnaguy sent me a FB2+ unopened and in perfect condition, so I got exactly what I bid on - and I am happy with the purchase.

And, since you received two promotional T-shirts that are no longer available to anyone who didn't pre-order, that still puts you ahead. Let's not forget that unique PacMan cart, which you're entire reason for ordering "hinged" upon.

• Like 1