IGNORED

MCGG Meeting Schedule

Now that we're a legitimate group, I think it's time we start creating a meeting schedule. Our method of randomly scheduling the next meeting (sometime in the next few months) makes it hard to plan things. I think we should have a more regular meeting time like NAVA does (those guys really have their stuff together). Here are some ideas I had, let's discuss.

A monthly meeting at an arcade or other location. This is sort of what we're doing now (although less frequently), and the length of time between meetings ensures that the whole group can make it, even if they're on the other side of the state.

An every other week meeting (bimonthly? biweekly? I get these mixed up) at someones house. This would obviously be a much smaller gathering that people wouldn't feel obligated to go to if they were busy. If we did something like this we could get into the more obscure, odd, and niche games that we don't get to in the monthly meetings because they either lack wide group appeal or because there are better and more popular titles that we want to play with our limited time. (Did that make any sense?)

I think the majority of us are in the SE MI area. It might be nice to get a member list of some sort together so we know how many people we have and where they are (if they want people to know). Something like that makes planning things easier.

I'm not trying to turn this from casual into a strict club or anything (no required meetings or dues or anything like that), I just think some structure would be nice.

Tempest

Now that we're a legitimate group, I think it's time we start creating a meeting schedule. Our method of randomly scheduling the next meeting (sometime in the next few months) makes it hard to plan things. I think we should have a more regular meeting time like NAVA does (those guys really have their stuff together). Here are some ideas I had, let's discuss.

A monthly meeting at an arcade or other location. This is sort of what we're doing now (although less frequently), and the length of time between meetings ensures that the whole group can make it, even if they're on the other side of the state.

An every other week meeting (bimonthly? biweekly? I get these mixed up) at someones house. This would obviously be a much smaller gathering that people wouldn't feel obligated to go to if they were busy. If we did something like this we could get into the more obscure, odd, and niche games that we don't get to in the monthly meetings because they either lack wide group appeal or because there are better and more popular titles that we want to play with our limited time. (Did that make any sense?)

I think the majority of us are in the SE MI area. It might be nice to get a member list of some sort together so we know how many people we have and where they are (if they want people to know). Something like that makes planning things easier.

I'm not trying to turn this from casual into a strict club or anything (no required meetings or dues or anything like that), I just think some structure would be nice.

Tempest

Agreed it will be a matter of who is working when and such and maybe a better place to meet than Pete's? Or just head right to whose every house and play games there.

Am sure some of us can't be at every meeting but we can certainly make it some if not most.

I agree we need some kind of a schedule. I don't think that would make us too strict. :)

I was thinking more like every 3 months for a larger meeting and monthly game nights... though if people wanted to get together and play games more often there's nothing to say they can't. :) A *small* game night is probably the only way I'll be able to host anything at my house! :D

A member list is a great idea. That way we'll be able to let people know what's going on instead of relying on them checking back here.

I don't mind meeting at Pete's, but alternative locations (like Marvin's) might not be a bad idea, so we're not always just doing the same thing.

I agree we need some kind of a schedule. I don't think that would make us too strict. :)

I was thinking more like every 3 months for a larger meeting and monthly game nights... though if people wanted to get together and play games more often there's nothing to say they can't. :) A *small* game night is probably the only way I'll be able to host anything at my house! :D

A member list is a great idea. That way we'll be able to let people know what's going on instead of relying on them checking back here.

I don't mind meeting at Pete's, but alternative locations (like Marvin's) might not be a bad idea, so we're not always just doing the same thing.

I like your ideals Mac! :D

Hey guys. I live on the west side (GR) so I probably won't be able to get to many meetings but I wouldn't mind being kept in the loop. I don't even think we have an arcade ANYWHERE in the GR area (chucky cheese doesn't count in my book). We do have a few places that sell the old games (Vidiots, play and trade, and a couple others).

Tempest, Thanks for the link to this part of the forum!

Hey guys. I live on the west side (GR) so I probably won't be able to get to many meetings but I wouldn't mind being kept in the loop. I don't even think we have an arcade ANYWHERE in the GR area (chucky cheese doesn't count in my book). We do have a few places that sell the old games (Vidiots, play and trade, and a couple others).

Tempest, Thanks for the link to this part of the forum!

Rick we should plan a day with a few of us to come out your way for lunch and to hit all the retro gaming shops you have in your neck of the woods....That would be fun. :)

We can change the location of the larger gatherings, they don't always have to be in SE Michigan. The smaller gatherings will probably stay in this area though because that's where most of the people are.

Speaking of which, lets hammer out a schedule already! :) And don't everyone look at me, I didn't ask to lead this crazy group! ;)

Tempest

We can change the location of the larger gatherings, they don't always have to be in SE Michigan. The smaller gatherings will probably stay in this area though because that's where most of the people are.

Speaking of which, lets hammer out a schedule already! :) And don't everyone look at me, I didn't ask to lead this crazy group! ;)

Tempest

April will be the next meeting but i need to see what weekends am working.

Yep... I agree a schedule of some sort would be cool. I can tell you right now, one weekend every month is no good for me (Military obligations). Aside from that, I am going to be a bit busy in the next few months (the wife will be going to Canada to work, and I'll be left here with the kiddos). So I'm not sure if that is a good time for me to get out.... then again... it may be the perfect time to throw a party. LOL

I will be going to the pinball in the zoo thing with my hoodlums. But if there is a small get-together prior to that, I'll try to get there. I work really close to some of you... (jboy... I actually picked up my Klax countertop arcade in Saginaw area)... and I live in Madison Heights. Perhaps I can get a small group at my house for a gaming night sometime.

Yep... I agree a schedule of some sort would be cool. I can tell you right now, one weekend every month is no good for me (Military obligations). Aside from that, I am going to be a bit busy in the next few months (the wife will be going to Canada to work, and I'll be left here with the kiddos). So I'm not sure if that is a good time for me to get out.... then again... it may be the perfect time to throw a party. LOL

I will be going to the pinball in the zoo thing with my hoodlums. But if there is a small get-together prior to that, I'll try to get there. I work really close to some of you... (jboy... I actually picked up my Klax countertop arcade in Saginaw area)... and I live in Madison Heights. Perhaps I can get a small group at my house for a gaming night sometime.

Eric that would be awesome! Yeah we are really trying to figure out the best time to do these meetings which there never is but we keep on planning them anyway lol.

Hmm... maybe (huge maybe) I could host a meeting in the future. I'm located in the Lansing area. That would allow 'west' coast members (including northern Indiana and Illinois) as well as Detroit area members (and northern Ohio) to attend... no promises but a middle ground might work out for most people...

Maybe someone from the Jackson area can host?...

Hmm... maybe (huge maybe) I could host a meeting in the future. I'm located in the Lansing area. That would allow 'west' coast members (including northern Indiana and Illinois) as well as Detroit area members (and northern Ohio) to attend... no promises but a middle ground might work out for most people...

Maybe someone from the Jackson area can host?...

Jeff that sounds pretty great if that could happen too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just found out about this group when I was searching for info about M*A*C*E.

I wanna join!!! I'm in Westland.

Does MACE still exist? I thought it was long dead.

Tempest

I'm pretty sure they're dead. =( I couldn't find very much about them on the Web at all. I was hoping to find some of their compilations or scans of their publications. I wonder if any of them are still Atari enthusiasts.

A few years ago I wanted to restart MACE or something similar, but it never got anywhere. MGCC is great, but it would also be nice to have an Atari computer specific group. Let me know if you find anything. If you can find a few more people we can try and put a group together. :)

Tempest

Another meeting would be nice....Happy birthday to Jboypacman...

How about for my birthday party at Chuck E Cheese... on the 26th?

Which Chuck E Cheese location? I celebrated my 50th birthday at the one near 12 Oaks Mall.

My wife and I plan to see Roller Derby in Livonia at 6 pm Sep 26th - got interested in that after CGE2K10.