IGNORED

MCGG Meeting Schedule

I went to Pete's today since I was downtown getting a hair cut. I saw several new/old machines that I've never noticed before:

Street Fighter II (yes, just plain old Street Fighter II)

Street Fighter II' Champion Edition

Outrun - Some cracks in the fiberglass around the bezel, and the steering wheel doesn't center correctly, but in pretty good shape and plays perfectly.

Tron - Other than some scratches here and there and most of the black lighting being burned out, its in really good shape.

Raiden II - Not sure if this was new or not.

Contra - I didn't play it, but it looked pretty clean

POW - Very clean.

They still have that very clean Donkey Kong that has been their since King of King was playing across the street.

Its pretty obvious these are meant to be noticed. They are all placed in the main area and not where the older machines usually are. I wish they had to money to fix their Scud Race machines though. They are getting really tore up. Those steering wheels are expensive though, and everyone plays Daytona, so I can understand why they don't bother.

The most interesting one to me was the POW. I'm %90 sure this is the POW machine I almost bought from a guy on Craig's List earlier this year. I think it was $300. I asked him some technical questions about it and all he kept telling me over and over again was that the machine was super clean and I had to see it to believe it. Well, I've seen it now and its really f-ing clean, maybe the cleanest POW in the world. It's not "mint" though, which was the term he used to describe it.

POW is such a quarter hog. I put about $20 into games like Victory Road and Heavy Barrel back in the day in order to beat them. POW on the other hand was just there to take your money and then take some more. I never finished it.

I went to Pete's today since I was downtown getting a hair cut. I saw several new/old machines that I've never noticed before:

Street Fighter II (yes, just plain old Street Fighter II)

Street Fighter II' Champion Edition

Outrun - Some cracks in the fiberglass around the bezel, and the steering wheel doesn't center correctly, but in pretty good shape and plays perfectly.

Tron - Other than some scratches here and there and most of the black lighting being burned out, its in really good shape.

Raiden II - Not sure if this was new or not.

Contra - I didn't play it, but it looked pretty clean

POW - Very clean.

They still have that very clean Donkey Kong that has been their since King of King was playing across the street.

Its pretty obvious these are meant to be noticed. They are all placed in the main area and not where the older machines usually are. I wish they had to money to fix their Scud Race machines though. They are getting really tore up. Those steering wheels are expensive though, and everyone plays Daytona, so I can understand why they don't bother.

The most interesting one to me was the POW. I'm %90 sure this is the POW machine I almost bought from a guy on Craig's List earlier this year. I think it was $300. I asked him some technical questions about it and all he kept telling me over and over again was that the machine was super clean and I had to see it to believe it. Well, I've seen it now and its really f-ing clean, maybe the cleanest POW in the world. It's not "mint" though, which was the term he used to describe it.

POW is such a quarter hog. I put about $20 into games like Victory Road and Heavy Barrel back in the day in order to beat them. POW on the other hand was just there to take your money and then take some more. I never finished it.

Am pretty sure Raiden II and P.O.W. have been there for a while but the others minus DK are new. I wonder if they still have Frogger and Ms.Pac-Man then?

They have a Class of '81 there, and probably Frogger as well. All the stuff from the far edges of the shop looked unchanged.

I knew they had Raiden Fighters there, but I don't remember Raiden II. I also don't remember POW and honestly the monitor was so good it does't seem like it could have actually been in use all this time. It could have been in the corner somewhere though.

Tron is such a good game. Seriously.

There's a speed-up Ms. Pac-Man by the Frogger machine in the corner with the tables. The Donkey Kong that used to be in Pete's was sold off earlier this year to someone offering a good chunk of change; this new one is actually in much better shape. POW and Raiden II have indeed been there for quite a while; POW has been there for at least a year (only real change in location is that it used to be turned towards the DDR machines), and Raiden II even longer. They also still have other classic machines along by the air hockey tables: Mr. Do, Mr. Driller, Arkanoid, Centipede, Tetris, Quiz & Dragons, Buster Bros. and a few others. Oh yeah, and the Afterburner sit down under the entrance staircase.

The SFII Champion Edition is a Rainbow Edition hack, with all the bizarre character tweaks and in-game character select you could ask for.

Contra, TRON, and Outrun were just put in Saturday at around 6, while my friends and I were there. SFII and Donkey Kong were put in last month, in October. All the machines definitely seemed to be moved around to draw more attention to them, and I really like the "fighting game" section they have going with the SFII cabs as a base. The owner's brother, who was putting everything up, really seemed enthused about them. After noticing that I had played Outrun, he came up and asked me how I liked it, and if I had tried the TRON machine yet. He also said he'd take a look at the CvS2 control panel, since the spring on the 1p stick seems out, so hey, at least it looks like someone there cares again.

Yeah, I can play all those games for the rest of my life, but I won't put money into a broken machine. Joysticks (the cheap ones from Happ anyway) are like $8. There is no excuse.

Maybe it was Pete's trying to sell me the POW? It doesn't seem likely that there could be two very clean POW machines in the same town. I don't know, maybe these things are more common than I realize.

Just so that everyone knows, I have five days off from Dec 28th through Jan 1st. I'm probably going to be in town all that time so if anyone wants to do something at my place or go to Pete's or both, lets do it. It doesn't have to be a full on meeting. If one or two people show up, good enough.

Otherwise we'll do this in January.

Just so that everyone knows, I have five days off from Dec 28th through Jan 1st. I'm probably going to be in town all that time so if anyone wants to do something at my place or go to Pete's or both, lets do it. It doesn't have to be a full on meeting. If one or two people show up, good enough.

Otherwise we'll do this in January.

Might have to plan something up then Chad i will talk to you soon about it.

Can I just show up at one of these things or do I have to undergo some kind of initiation/drug screening/hazing process?

Just the normal midnight paddle session and goat blood letting should do it. :lol:

Nah all are welcome to our events just let us know when you will be there so we know to look for you. :-D

I'm free for that time frame as far as I know; only thing is that a couple buddies from Chicago will be passing through at some point for a day, so I won't know when, exactly, that'll be.

I also have a couple of classic gaming buddies interested in doing some games, so I'm sure they'd be interested as well.

How do people feel about actually doing this on New Year's Eve? I'm certainly not doing anything else that night?

No can due on New Years Eve the wife is off from work so we will be going to the Taylor's that night. It's something we do every year.

Cant do new years..probably gonna be at the Taylor's this year as well.....

Ok guys, its been a couple of days since anyone posted here, so I'll try to bring it back to life.

If this is going to happen we need to pick a date. Knowing what days you aren't available doesn't really help. We need to know when you can come.

So, I'm going to throw out a date. How about the 30th? Meet at Pete's, my place afterward.

Edited by SignOfZeta

Ok guys, its been a couple of days since anyone posted here, so I'll try to bring it back to life.

If this is going to happen we need to pick a date. Knowing what days you aren't available doesn't really help. We need to know when you can come.

So, I'm going to throw out a date. How about the 30th? Meet at Pete's, my place afterward.

Anytime this month is a "no go" for me it is just too close to the Christmas and i have lots of things going on. We could shoot for a January meet-up perhaps?

Anytime this month is a "no go" for me it is just too close to the Christmas and i have lots of things going on. We could shoot for a January meet-up perhaps?

Well, officially, this is supposed to be a mini-meeting, so if turnout is low, that's OK. Turnout couldn't be much lower than last time! We can do it again in January.