IGNORED

MCGG Meeting Schedule

OK, another vote for the 30th, so that's what we'll go with for now. It seems like that would work for Ubersaurus, Sonic R, Tempest, and myself. Is that correct?

Ubersaurus: I notice you have an SD Shiki graphic as your avatar. Do you collect Neo Geo Pocket? If so, bring that stuff with you and we can link up. Let me know what games you have.

OK, another vote for the 30th, so that's what we'll go with for now. It seems like that would work for Ubersaurus, Sonic R, Tempest, and myself. Is that correct?

Ubersaurus: I notice you have an SD Shiki graphic as your avatar. Do you collect Neo Geo Pocket? If so, bring that stuff with you and we can link up. Let me know what games you have.

I do. I have a Pocket Color, SNK vs Capcom, Samurai Shodown 2, Sonic, Megaman, Metal Slug 1, and Cotton. I also have a link cable. Only problem is that my Pocket acts up and won't always detect a game in the slot. I'm wondering if the pin connector on it is a bit worn and needs to be replaced or bent back up, but I've never gotten around to trying it.

Robotron's (RIP) collection is going to be sold off to his friends soon, and he had a couple games. I'm thinking of picking up his KOF R1. Fun fact: He is the one that made me this avatar in the first place!

Edited by ubersaurus

OK, cool. Bring that stuff to my place. As far as multiplayer games that you have that I also have: Match of the Millennium...that's it. :(

If you get a chance to get R-1 between then and now, do it. I have it as well.

Other multi-player games I have: Neo GeoCup 98 Plus Color, Faselei (UK), Gal's Fighters (US), Puzzle Link 1, Puzzle Link 2, Cool Cool Jam, Battle de Paradise, Card Fighters 2, Neo Turf Masters, Last Blade, Dynamite Slugger, Neo Turf Masters. I have some other games as well, but single player. I also have a spare system if yours acts up.

The thing with the cart slot is usually dirt/corrosion; partially the fault of the system, and partially the fault of the cart. Since the cart is way easier to clean I'd concentrate my efforts there. Sometimes the contacts lose some of their springiness and don't apply enough pressure to the cart. If this happens then you can fold a small piece of paper in half and put it between the cart and the system as you insert the cart to add some tension. Some carts are minutely thinner than others, which will make them more problematic than others.

BTW, as JBoy knows I am a huge fan of this system. Not to sound like a small minded egoist but...there is a small group people people in the US that, when they die, a lot of NGP knowledge will be lost. I'm one of those geeks.

So we'll meet at Pete's on the 30th at...2:00pm? Can everyone make that?

Edited by SignOfZeta

OK, cool. Bring that stuff to my place. As far as multiplayer games that you have that I also have: Match of the Millennium...that's it. :(

If you get a chance to get R-1 between then and now, do it. I have it as well.

Other multi-player games I have: Neo GeoCup 98 Plus Color, Faselei (UK), Gal's Fighters (US), Puzzle Link 1, Puzzle Link 2, Cool Cool Jam, Battle de Paradise, Card Fighters 2, Neo Turf Masters, Last Blade, Dynamite Slugger, Neo Turf Masters. I have some other games as well, but single player. I also have a spare system if yours acts up.

The thing with the cart slot is usually dirt/corrosion; partially the fault of the system, and partially the fault of the cart. Since the cart is way easier to clean I'd concentrate my efforts there. Sometimes the contacts lose some of their springiness and don't apply enough pressure to the cart. If this happens then you can fold a small piece of paper in half and put it between the cart and the system as you insert the cart to add some tension. Some carts are minutely thinner than others, which will make them more problematic than others.

BTW, as JBoy knows I am a huge fan of this system. Not to sound like a small minded egoist but...there is a small group people people in the US that, when they die, a lot of NGP knowledge will be lost. I'm one of those geeks.

So we'll meet at Pete's on the 30th at...2:00pm? Can everyone make that?

This is true Zeta knows more about this system then any living being should and as far as the 30th i will have to play it by ear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Tempest, Ubersaurus, and I all met at Petes and played games for quite a while. Tempest has insane skills at Tron and wowed all the kids. We ate at Pizza House, after which Uber went off on his own and Tempest and I went back to my place to join Harry and his wife for some linked up Neo Geo Pocket fun and a little bit of PC Engine.

I was at JBoy's place the other day and told him that since he missed the last two events, and since his schedule is the most complex/full that we'll just let him pick the next date so that he'll be sure to make it. When we have that info we can start a new thread for that get together.

It's all in the wrist...

Actually my 'mad Tron skillz' used to be a whole lot madder, but I haven't played in a long time. They had a Tron machine in the game room in my dorm my freshman year and I used to play it all the time. At first I couldn't pass the second or third level, then as I practiced I was able to get further and further. I used to love to see what the next level name was and then ask my Computer Science teacher what the name meant (they're all programming languages).

RPG

COBOL

BASIC

FORTRAN

SNOBOL

PL1

PASCAL

ALGOL

ASSEMBLY (this is hardest level for me for some reason)

OS (this is the easiest)

JCL

USER

After USER it just repeats the loop starting at BASIC but keeps the name USER. This makes it much harder because you don't know which level you're on and which pattern to use. Tron is all about patterns.

Had a good time, looking forward to the next meeting.

Tempest

Wow! I just discovered this whole section of the forum. I mostly stayed in the 2600 and marketplace sections, but decided to start exploring the site more. I'm in Owosso and would be down for a gathering sometime soon near hear. Also where is this Pinball Petes I read about?