IGNORED

Coke Wins - Pepsi Invaders Rare Game on Ebay right now

CokeWinsAgain

Wow, simply amazing. The only explanation I can give is that when it was down to $800 was that it was because 7 games had been sold in 6 months. Now it has been some time since one has popped up. But to be honest, this even shocks me. I mean I was expecting it to be around $1200 to $1,500. But $2,000 with 5 days to go is simply amazing. I also think it may have something to do with Stadium Events going for so much money. Like I said, news reports referenced the top 10 games of all time. Pepsi Invaders was on that list. You know, I actually sold this for around $700 I think 2 years ago. Though strangely I am not regretting it. It went towards getting my Bachelors degree, so in the long run it was worth it. You know a sale like this does make me tempted to test the waters with a certain item in my collection, but a rule of thumb is to not let go of something that you can't get back. So it will probably stay with me. :)

You know a sale like this does make me tempted to test the waters with a certain item in my collection, but a rule of thumb is to not let go of something that you can't get back. So it will probably stay with me. :)

I know it has to be killing you that you haven't talked about this item in so long.:D

• Like 2

You know a sale like this does make me tempted to test the waters with a certain item in my collection, but a rule of thumb is to not let go of something that you can't get back. So it will probably stay with me. :)

I know it has to be killing you that you haven't talked about this item in so long.:D

What are you talking about? Sure I don't talk about the Galaxian cart I made the current record with, but it is a cool item none the less, and might go for big bucks if sold on Ebay!

I moved this post and fixed the ebay link.

Why is a $800 cart over $2K, I could see that if it had a minty box? :?

Because the potential buyer, current high bidder, is crazy ;) Seriously, he has bought some games at huge prices, like the River Patrol from Phantom for $1000.00 for example, price seems to be no object for this buyer. Cheers, FB :)

Because the potential buyer, current high bidder, is crazy ;) Seriously, he has bought some games at huge prices, like the River Patrol from Phantom for $1000.00 for example, price seems to be no object for this buyer. Cheers, FB :)

Yes, but that does not explain the two other legit bidders who have bid at least $1,800.

Yes, but that does not explain the two other legit bidders who have bid at least $1,800.

Simple..bidding war...one of the few carts left they need to buy. Other guy just has lots of dough :)

So true +1

You know, I actually sold this for around $700 I think 2 years ago. Though strangely I am not regretting it. It went towards getting my Bachelors degree, so in the long run it was worth it.

Your old cart still has a great home and I'm glad to hear you aren't regretting selling it!

Ok... heres the deal on this game. I am no expert on vintage games. Im just an old gamer who loves to buy games from my childhood and play them with my son. I recently purchased a box of old Atari games. In the lot was this game with no label. Once I stuck it in, I realized that it was some weird version of the classic game Space Invaders...

Sounds pure Hollywood to me.

Ok... heres the deal on this game. I am no expert on vintage games. Im just an old gamer who loves to buy games from my childhood and play them with my son. I recently purchased a box of old Atari games. In the lot was this game with no label. Once I stuck it in, I realized that it was some weird version of the classic game Space Invaders...

Sounds pure Hollywood to me.

That's almost exactly what happened to me. I bought mine at a flea market in Atlanta in the mid 80s. I bought a 2600, "game center" rack, and a bunch of carts for approx $50 (it's been almost 25 years, I don't remember exactly). Get it home and find the cart without a label. Plug it in and, wow, it's a weird version of Space Invaders. I kept it, of course, but without the Internet, and not being enterprising enough to call anyone about it, I had no way of knowing its history. I finally figured it out when I got on Usenet in the early 90s.

Edited by monzamess

Not much movement on this in the past couple of days. It did go up about $50. The amazing thing about this is that it is not a shill versus a legit bidder, or even two bidders in a bidding war. This is 4 legit bidders who are willing to pay at least $1,800 for this game, and 3 legit bidders who are willing to pay at least $2,000 for this game.

Not much movement on this in the past couple of days. It do go up about $50. The amazing thing about this is that it is not a shill versus a legit bidder, or even two bidders in a bidding war. This is 4 legit bidders who are willing to pay at least $1,800 for this game, and 3 legit bidders who are willing to pay at least $2,000 for this game.

Yep, a nice healthy return to glory for Pepsi Invaders for sure.

Three minutes left. :cool:

Edit it stayed at $2125 plus $5 shipping. To be honest I was not surprised there was not anymore bidding. It already was at a record price.

Ya for $2130 you would think the conversation was about a boxed copy.

Three minutes left. :cool:

Edit it stayed at $2125 plus $5 shipping. To be honest I was not surprised there was not anymore bidding. It already was at a record price.

Ya for $2130 you would think the conversation was about a boxed copy.

Yep, remember a couple of years ago when Decypher got that boxed Pepsi Invaders for about $2050? Of course the box did look like Pepsi literally tried to invade the box with soda stains on it. My guess is his boxed copy is probably now worth about double that.