IGNORED

Do the Rubberbands bother you?

What is it that makes people think they gotta rubber band all that stuff together? It's not as if the bands actually hold it all in place. Go look at a shelf with loose Inty games and I guarantee you'll find several with rubber bands on them but their overlays will be scattered about the floor.

Wrapping the various component cord around the component itself,which i still do,that's how breaks occur in the wires.Hanging them with the cords fully extended would be ideal,but is messy,and takes up more room,and doesn't look very good,i like things to look orderly.

better than punching holes in them to allow use in a 3-ring binder. When I was a kid I did that with *all* my actrocade, vectrex, 2600, inty, cv, carts. I even got those hefty 4 inch thick 'tax-record' binders and flattened out the boxes (gatefolds and all) and punched holes in them - so I could flip through and admire the colors and art. Each binder held like 10 or 12 boxes.

Nah, that doesn't bother me. As long as when I get them item, the rubberbands come off. LOL

I haven not used the rubberband method ever, seems pretty useless. I put all my loose games and manuals in plastic containers and slide them under the bed.

What bothers me, is when games are wrapped in thick newspaper when shipped... and ink needs to be cleaned off the games. I hate ink or printing ink getting on my skin or games or anything 'in general'. However, I wound't loose any sleep or my temper. ;)

While I'm guilty of the controller cord bit, I hate people wrecking manuals this way. When selling loose games with manual, I've always put the manuals and overlays in an envelope to minimize damage.

Same here, i'm guilty of wrapping the controller cords, and i put my manuals in zip lock bags. But when i was a kid i used to put rubberbands around everything. Especially baseball cards. I learned eventually the damage they caused.

Besides the dent or tear the rubber band causes, when they dry up over time, they stick to the item. I just went digging in my basement to try and rearrange a few items to put on Ebay. I bought a lot of Tucker Totes to protect said items. I have a ton of board games that I purchased 2 summers ago at a flea market. Great flea market. I think it was a weekend thing. The last day, you bought a giant garbage bag for $5 and got to fill it up with anything in the section of toys. Thus, we got a lot of board games.

Anyway, they used giant rubber bands to keep the game lids from coming apart. In just 1 1/2 years, some of those rubber bands have dried up, snapped, and stuck to the boxes.

The worst part is that I am deeply into various aspects of collectibles. When people tell me they are rubber banding their cards "now", I throw a fit.

I actually use comic bags. At least for the games I have that have the instructions. I don't bother putting overlays together with loose games. All my extra overlays are actually sitting right in front of me on the desk in a huge pile. I can't find my loose games since I moved 8 years ago. They are probably buried in the closet. I'm speaking about my extra games with all this, not my collection. My personal collection is on bookshelves, which I need to rearrange soon. But comic book bags work very nicely, especially keeping the boxes from opening and spilling the contents.

Phil

Phil