IGNORED

SELLING/TRADING 360'S FOR 2600'S. banned/jtagged/jtaggable available!

flammingcowz

1st 360: JTAGGABLE so you could pay someone to jtag it for you. jtagging allows you to play homebrew on your 360 the same way you did on the original xbox. This system is also not banned from xbox live so you could update it and use it as a normal console. -----------$150 OBO SOLD!

2nd 360: ALREADY JTAGGED console. Ready to play emulators or some of the great homebrew games already released --- all from cd-r or dvd-r, or a hard drive if you buy one. DOESN'T WORK IN HIGH DEFINITION MODE and has a high chance of red ringing again unless you send it to a professional fixer(I can hook you up with one). -----------$75 OBO, OR I will trade for a heavy sixer, or a harmony cart, or a video modded 2600.

3rd 360: Elite(black) that is banned from xbox live. Works perfectly and never been red ringed before. This is the only console I can sell with power chords/video chords/controller. price for console only $100/ with everything $150

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

360'S ARE NOTORIOUS FOR OVERHEATING AND RED RINGING ISSUES SO THESE ARE SOLD WITH NO WARRANTY, BUT HAVE ALL BEEN TESTED FOR 2 HOURS AND ANOTHER 2 HOURS BEFORE SHIPPING TO BUYER

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

************SORRY but not selling with hard drives*************

post-5399-126766404409_thumb.jpg

Edited by flammingcowz

So once a console gets banned does that last forever? If it sells to someone else and whatever happened is fixed are you out of luck? What about the modded systems, are they banned or will they be after you hook up to live?

Just curious basically, I have been wondering how this works. I love my 360 and wouldn't do anything to get me banned and just wondering what the actual rules are. I have heard you have to be careful if you buy a used system that it might be banned but it doesn't seem right that it can't be made to come back into compliance. Then again I guess they just want to sell more consoles and who cares if you get ripped off on a banned system in their eyes.

If it is jtagged, it will be banned within hours of going on xbox live. If the dvd drive is modded to allow backups, it will be banned every banwave(every november). Bans can not be undone unless you send it to someone to reflash the nand. This can only be done on consoles without the newest update anyway.

Edited by flammingcowz

If it is jtagged, it will be banned within hours of going on xbox live. If the dvd drive is modded to allow backups, it will be banned every banwave(every november). Bans can not be undone unless you send it to someone to reflash the nand. This can only be done on consoles without the newest update anyway.

So, can you avoid the banwave if you conveniently disconnect your Ecks-bawks from the internet every November? Just wondering.

Well your nand has a file named secdata.bin, that stores information about your console. dvd drive FW version, any games played, etc. So if you sign on again in say, January, they will read your secdata had a modded FW last year and you will still be banned. For some reason they don't ban new mods until the next November though.

got the already jtagged 360 working again. it's all set up and ready to play homebrew emulators or games from cd's, dvd's, etc. theres already lots of stuff to try out even though the 360 homebrew scene just started. and bump for pics! it's the 3 stacked together.

Edited by flammingcowz

• 2 weeks later...

got the already jtagged 360 working again. it's all set up and ready to play homebrew emulators or games from cd's, dvd's, etc. theres already lots of stuff to try out even though the 360 homebrew scene just started. and bump for pics! it's the 3 stacked together.

sent my paypal payment over a week ago. was promised that box would ship on friday via priority mail. what gives? why didn't you cross off the elite as "sold" after I paid? why have you ignored two messages for two days now? I can clearly see you have been on line.

I really would hate to have this digress into a whole big thing

I will fix the jtagged xbox and trade it for my above listed items. I can't guarantee it won't red ring again though.

notice how this statement causes the reader to assume this was HIS sale and his items. I just found out that this was done "for a friend" and have had my messages ignored for two days and now told to take it up with "the friend"

Does anyone here on AA besides me think that if you are putting stuff up for sale by a friend, that it should be stated up front? I was also sent a message by flammingcowz giving me what he said was HIS e-mail/paypal ID. now that there is an issue and the package is missing, he says to take it up with his friend and told me to "chill" of course only after waiting two days for an answer in the first place

wtf?

I have not yet begun to CHILL

If I do not get some clue on this by friday, I will be making a public post about this in the bad traders forum.

when you do a deal on AA, you are to be held to a higher standard than ebay or anywhere else. we trust each other here and build our reputations and friendships over many years because we love doing this. when you put all that out there and use your standing on AA to sell something, I don't care WHOSE xbox it is, you stand behind it and you certainly do not ignore messages for two days and then say after two weeks that the whole thing is not on you it is on your "friend"... and you sure as hell don't tell someone to "chill"

Dude the elite was the only one that wasn't mine, and I figured this thread was long enough dead I didn't need to cross out the elite. My friend was at my house the day you were talking to him, on this screename. If he wasn't over here talking to you, his xbox wouldn't be in that picture. And he shipped it out how I told him, probably didn't pay the extra 70 cents for delivery confirmation/tracking though.

Edited by flammingcowz

Dude the elite was the only one that wasn't mine, and I figured this thread was long enough dead I didn't need to cross out the elite. My friend was at my house the day you were talking to him, on this screename. If he wasn't over here talking to you, his xbox wouldn't be in that picture. And he shipped it out how I told him, probably didn't pay the extra 70 cents for delivery confirmation/tracking though.

not acceptable. First off, you never listed publicly or told me privately that this was not yours but for a friend. You made statements publicly and privately where you used words like "mine".

secondly you refuse to answer a very simple and fair question: when was the package shipped? eh? when? was it friday like promised or perhaps it has not even been shipped yet?

lastly, and for the LAST time. USPS Priority Mail comes with FREE delivery confirmation, you do NOT need to pay extra if you use priority mail, which is what I paid the extra $15 for, more than enough to ship priority for that size in one of the "if it fits it ships" large type boxes

not acceptable. First off, you never listed publicly or told me privately that this was not yours but for a friend. You made statements publicly and privately where you used words like "mine".

secondly you refuse to answer a very simple and fair question: when was the package shipped? eh? when? was it friday like promised or perhaps it has not even been shipped yet?

lastly, and for the LAST time. USPS Priority Mail comes with FREE delivery confirmation, you do NOT need to pay extra if you use priority mail, which is what I paid the extra $15 for, more than enough to ship priority for that size in one of the "if it fits it ships" large type boxes

I replied to the rest in a PM, but about the priority mail coming with free delivery confirmation is not true. I have shipped out the other 2 360's from this auction in the last week and both had to pay 70 cents for delivery confirmation. Whether my friend did or not, I do not know.

this is your sale bro. you never told anyone, least of all me, that the elite was not yours and in fact you made numerous statements to the contrary and now that things have gone awry, you pass the buck and you can't even answer a simple question with certainty like when was the package shipped and what type of shipping was used?

that is unacceptable and I really think you are making excuses when all you have to do is apologize and then call your friend and get to the bottom of it, not send me his number and tell me to deal with him, thereby washing your hands of it and telling me to "chill".... two days after sending you a friendly message asking what was going on, which you ignored.

not cool dude, not cool

update: so I texted this "friend" of flammingcowz.

now keep in mind this message he sent me, back when I thought he was flammingcowz:

was just going to see if this is okay with you.... I don't get cash until I get paid late Thursday night/early Friday morning (direct deposit).. Therefor, I cannot ship you your xbox360 until Friday. However, I will send it USPS overnight/express. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but, I think you may even get it sooner this way.
- I replied very calm and cool and appreciative of the update and told him not to sweat it and send it priority. the use of a delivery confirmation had been discussed with flamingcowz but probably not with this guy, but remember, I thought they were one and the same. 70 cents is what is keeping this issue from being above board instead of a crap shoot.

anyway, I texted the guy and he was belligerent. I had to ask three times "when" he shipped and he kept telling me to stop asking over and over and yet refused to answer when. he finally said maybe friday or saturday, he doesn't know and that he threw the receipt away.

all this could have easily been fine if only my polite followup messages yesterday and today were addressed instead if ignored.

so I opened a paypal dispute to cover my ass

I would like to say for the record that anyone who lists something for sale when they are not the primary person who will be dealing with the transaction, payment, shipping, etc, that they should state that fact up front. I would actually like to see some sort of listing rule added to AA to that end.

It is entirely unfair to be under the assumption that a fellow atari-ager is handling the details, someone who has a good reputation and is well liked, only to find out it is some outsider who you have no means to follow up with or comment on if things go awry.

I really do not understand how someone can do this, even if it was all with the best intentions, and then pass the buck when it goes askew. I get blamed for blowing up over it simply for asking a simple question. I'm currently out $115 with nothing to show for it and now two people who treat me like a pariah instead of like someone they let down and ignored are just thumbing their collective noses at me for not "chilling".

what a fucking country we live in

so as it turns out, flammingcowz friend lied to everyone big time and when he did finally ship on Tuesday March 16th, he never even bothered to wrap the xbox, not even newspaper. here are photos for proof...

I still have not released the paypal funds until I test the xbox for two hours. I'm very disappointed in this whole thing.

post-3814-126902227677_thumb.jpg

post-3814-126902228288_thumb.jpg

post-3814-126902228848_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

so as it turns out, flammingcowz friend lied to everyone big time and when he did finally ship on Tuesday March 16th, he never even bothered to wrap the xbox, not even newspaper. here are photos for proof...

I still have not released the paypal funds until I test the xbox for two hours. I'm very disappointed in this whole thing.

OMFG! No packing material at all? :o

EDIT: So he\his friend (cause they are one and the same in this matter) didn't bother to ship it untill shit hit the fan publicly about this mess either then eh? :roll:

OMFG! No packing material at all? :o

not even a crumpled newspaper which is always my poorman's alternative for some things. I saw Goldenaxe post that he got a console today that had mcdonald's coffee cup holders used as packing material and the console was broken. I have no idea if the Xbox Elite works yet. I'm trying to get my head together before testing it... the blood pressure has been high the past two days.

EDIT: So he\his friend (cause they are one and the same in this matter) didn't bother to ship it untill shit hit the fan publicly about this mess either then eh? :roll:

unsure. I did start asking after it on Tuesday but it did not get posted here until wednesday. My belief is that he finally went to the post office when I started asking after it but just before things started to go public here. either way the dude lied big time and now with this, this no bubblewrap thing, I'm just so dissapointed in the whole thing and to be accused of stealing in public last night was the last straw really... oh wait, THIS is the last straw right? oy

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

I'm just so dissapointed in the whole thing and to be accused of stealing in public last night was the last straw really... oh wait, THIS is the last straw right? oy

Well I really hope this Mickey Mouse bullshit will be enough to get his marketplace privliges revoked. Sucks it had to be at your expense though.

So it was just slipped into a Priority Box? Not even packing material to keep it from sliding back and forth in the box? Damn Gina!

For something like a system, especially a Xbox 360, I would use a box that would allow for at least an inch or two all around for padding. USPS is pretty rough as we know with boxes.

Hopefully this system works, but based on your experience with the deal so far, my feeling is you've got an Elite door stop at this point. Please do follow up if it works or not... which I'm sure you will.

Well, I have been reading this thread along with others...there should be no way on God's green earth that this system works!icon_thumbsdown.gif

Too badd for yourself...I wish the seller who appears to deal in these things all the time, would just tell you he would replace it....

I just recently had a pm from a guy in Canada who said he never got a package...I think its still in customs, but I sent him a replacement....granted it was no xbox 360, but the buyer is getting another copy plus some bonus swag to make up for lost time....your guy is swimming in these things....Just make it right dude or refund his money....

Goes to show there are good deals and sometimes there are bad deals..

Good luck!

Well since this guy insists on STILL keeping private matters public, you can all see he got his package after all. Like I said it was the first and last time i'll do a favor for a friend and list theirs for them. I ship out 360's about 3 times a week, and I always use bubble wrap and delivery confirmation.

I did everything I could for the buyer, but he kept with his high anger nonsense and was completely and utterly a bad person to deal with. I even told him that I would personally(not a friend) ship out another one to him, and he refused. multiple times. But at the same time kept telling me if he doesnt get one that he will put me on the bad traders list. There is just no making this guy happy!

Well heres your public apology AGAIN im sorry

Edited by flammingcowz

oddly enough I posted this while flammingcowz was posting his apology so i retract the private messages made public and accept the apology, however, this is still not over...

The xbox still needs to be tested and run for a while before I trust it. the "seller" seems to think it's just fine even though it was packed like a sweater you sent to grandma for her birthday