IGNORED

The 2010 Atari 2600 collector hall of fame vote

homerwannabee

I've been on here several years, but I actually don't know much about the people on here. Rom helped me out big time with giving me many revisions to the variation list and helping me out with the photo website. Staberinde too with many of the PAL versions. But for the most part, I know very little about anyone else. So what are the achievements of the people getting the votes?

Phil

• Like 1

1. Having a nice and shiny A2600 collection, the more the better!

2. Sharing stuff with the community, e.g releasing protos, making nice boxes.......

3. Trying not to be an asshole but a nice and honest gentleman!

4. Showing some pics of the collected stuff!!!!

5. Having fun here!

• Like 3

1. Albert

2. Marc Oberhäuser

3. Wonder007

4. Curt Vendel

5. hhwolfman

6. Zwackery

7. Crazy Climber

8. justabum (awesome box protectors)

9. Shawn Sr.

10. toymailman

• Like 1

I've done very little "collecting" in the last several years, so I certainly do not deserve to be on any such lists. I do have a very large collection (encompassing a large number of classic consoles and computers), but not as much "notable" stuff as I know other members here have. And I think the only "complete" collection I have is for the 7800 (just need BBSB for the 5200), and that's not saying much. :D

..Al

Ditto. My collection is large (way too large), but it's also spread out over hundreds of systems. I only have a handful of ultra rare items and those are for more obscure systems. Hardly collector hall of fame material.

Tempest

• Like 1

i put so much work in my book project this year that i'm gonna vote for myself ... :P

i'm not gonna win this year, but we'll talk about it next year again ;)

1. jah fish

2. wonder007

3. rick weis

4. tom brazil

5. Dino

i'd also like to "award" shawn and ax as "Modders of the year".

and i know shawn thinks he is just begging for pictures and is gonna hate me for that, but i would also give a "preservation award" to Romhunter from Atarimania.com for (in my eyes) being the #1 "contributor to the Atari Community" ... thanks for taking care of this huge database although you're not even collecting games!

and finaly we should give the "tolerance award" to Albert for letting the wild bunch (iwan, ax, shawn, ceb, laird and myself) having so much fun in the chat :D :D :D

• Like 2

and i know shawn thinks he is just begging for pictures and is gonna hate me for that, but i would also give a "preservation award" to Romhunter from Atarimania.com for (in my eyes) being the #1 "contributor to the Atari Community" ... thanks for taking care of this huge database although you're not even collecting games!

Thanks, Jah.

8)

• Like 1

Rick was 2008 :P If the thread keeps going I will have my surprise, A week from Monday, Night. :)

Hope that wolfman will catch that surprise for us soon. In the meantime we can have a look at one of the most impressive

Atari 2600 pics ever! :cool: BFSTATS´ ATARI WALL! :thumbsup:

I really can´t get enough of that pic......................................... :D

atariwal.jpg

• Like 1

In the meantime we can have a look at one of the most impressive Atari 2600 pics ever! :cool: BFSTAT´s ATARI WALL! :thumbsup: I really can´t get enough of that pic......................................... :D

Thanks for the recognition, iwan, but I am compelled to inform you, and everyone else, this version of The Wall (which fit 453 boxes) no longer exists. That house, with the room designed specifically for The Wall, was sold. The house I have moved into was built in 1970, so I'll have to modify it to accomodate The Wall version 4.0, which will fit over 500 boxes (yes, I have that many).

When the time comes, I'll be sure to post photos.

• Like 1

Well, I generally vote for collections I have actually seen. I know a lot of people have crazy collections here but you never get to see them so....how do you vote for them? Anyways....

- Wonder007 (have not scene his collection but he bought out Pitbulls which was my 1st pick)

- Captain Beard (due to sheer quanity and presentation)

- Ntavio (watch out for this guy, he is getting close!)

- Toymailman (the ultimate speed collector)

- Bloatedmonkey (probably the cleanest atari room ever)

- Crunchysuperman (excellent rarities but horribly in need of display shelves)

- DreamTR (could be a little better organized but impressive none the less)

- Cassidy (the ultimate basement Atari set up I would have loved that room as a kid)

- Tradengames (this guy must LOVE his job, I know I would)

- Fdursso (love the cookoo clocks!)

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I did this quickly but I guess I can always edit if needed ;)

Some people I would love to vote for would be Wonder007, Marc Oberhouser, Dino, Ianoid, and many others with collections I have yet to see...C'mon guys let's see some pics!!!

• Like 2

Some people I would love to vote for would be Wonder007, Marc Oberhäuser, Dino, Ianoid, and many others with collections I have yet to see...C'mon guys let's see some pics!!!

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pics like this one from Trade-N-Games he posted last year in the Hall of Fame thread! :love:

tradengames.jpg

• Like 1