IGNORED

Official SSGC Smack Talk Forum ;-)

marc.hull

Since I doubt all you runners-up are going to divulge your secrets, I thought I'd stir the pot with this thread. If ya have a pair you should surely (or surly) respond here!

And don't worry... I'll post pictures of my new CF device in mid March ! HAHAHahahahahaha

Since I doubt all you runners-up are going to divulge your secrets, I thought I'd stir the pot with this thread. If ya have a pair you should surely (or surly) respond here!

And don't worry... I'll post pictures of my new CF device in mid March ! HAHAHahahahahaha

Not if I post pictures of myself chucking it into Boston Harbor first! XB is gonna stand for Xasperated Brit when I'm done!

Hey, this is fun. :)

Mid-April, redneck--- read the original post again!!! :). Haha, a country music singing, cowboy hat wearing dude from the sticks calling someone a redneck... :). That's funny!!!

Reading ??? READING??? We don't need no stinking reading. I'm like the Pinball Wizard baby... I code by sense of smell.

Ah-oh.....

Finished Game #1 last night and it doesn't totally suck although this XB programming does make one think a bit more than I am comfortable with! My new strategy is to win on name recognition instead of substance. If I bombard Owen with entries then perhaps I can dominate his frontal cortex until he can only mumble my name..... (Worked for Obama ;-)

Since this is a kind of side-issue, figured it would go here okay without derailing other threads. (Hmm, Thread Derailer, that'll make a good TI30 game...)

Anyway, here's a screenie of the graphical editor I whipped up over the last 24 hours, Owen. (It's a magic mushroom sprite.) Still needs some work before integrating into the ToD Editor, like the ability to preview your graphic at the actual in-game size. But it's coming in useful for this competition, because if you look at the bottom of the screen, I generate the hex code for the image in a ready-to-paste-into-XB format.

I don't doubt there are other tools that already do this, and better, but I wanted to show you what's going into ToD Editor eventually.

post-25494-126772593791_thumb.png

Dude--- I just gotta say... Your contributions to this community are great... But since this is a sh** talking thread--- we gotta keep the balance-- so hear goes:::

"If you were worth a crap, you could write a damn ToD editor in 30 lines of XB code, ya wanker!!!!"

that's all I got... I'm not very good at trash talk apparently. :cool:

Hey Codex... Don't know if you've had the pleasure to look at "sometimes"'s website yet... He has something similar... his also copies to the clipboard, ready to rock. The two URLs below are for the actual site, and a YouTube video of a brilliant example of how to use it's features. =)

**Of course, this won't be necessary with the ToD editor, as it's pretty straight forward on its uses, but I thought you might like to take a look. =)

http://sometimes.99er.net/patterns.html (the editor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-2afdl4_hA (the video)

*******Smack talking part**********

"Hell yea, Codex, take that! Bet you ain't got nothin like that, do ya? Yea...... thats what I thought, a-hole"

=) sorry--- just trying not to lose the spirit of this thread. =) You rock

Yep, no worries, I figured there were already better tools available. I just tend to roll my own because I end making them do things that no one else would be interested in, or plan on reusing them elsewhere. This is a case of the latter, as this will eventually be integrated into the overall framework for the ToD Editor. The rest of the editor is easier stuff, text fields and dropdowns, but I needed a grid editor from scratch that I could integrate into the whole. Just happened to turn out to be useful in this little contest.

So there, ya pants-wetting bumpkin who didn't marry his sister, but only because she could outrun him. ;)

Not until it's in my truly active queue. It's behind a couple other projects at the moment, but it will get there, and then the thread will begin.

Like Herding Cats: The Java Edition, right? ;)

(I suppose I ought to finish the other 23 levels before pestering you to work on that, eh?) hehe

(I suppose I ought to finish the other 23 levels before pestering you to work on that, eh?) hehe

Yes indeed, and the full game would be nice alright. :)

In the meantime, I did start making some cats for that version. I think it will be fun to have different breeds randomly scattered around the level.

post-25494-126774359185_thumb.png

Yes indeed, and the full game would be nice alright. :)

In the meantime, I did start making some cats for that version. I think it will be fun to have different breeds randomly scattered around the level.

post-25494-126774359185_thumb.png

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but if I didn't, I'll say it here - those cats look awesome. Maybe in the sequel different breeds could have different attributes, move faster, etc. (he said, getting even further ahead of himself)

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but if I didn't, I'll say it here - those cats look awesome. Maybe in the sequel different breeds could have different attributes, move faster, etc. (he said, getting even further ahead of himself)

Thanks! I didn't know if they made it through as an attachment in email before, so I'm glad you got a chance to see them here.

I like the idea of varying their behaviour, or maybe at least having a few "theme" puzzle levels based around the typical behaviours of certain types. The Orange Tabby level could have them being exceptionally stubborn and disinterested, for example, while the Siamese would be hyper and the Persians prone to puking up hairballs. :)

My game is better than your game. I hope. 10 lines of code, 3 lines of data and it's playable. It ain't done by any means!

Oh, and Yo Mama!

My game(s) just kicked you game in the doodads and made your game like it ;-) Cannnnnnnnnn yooooooooooooou "SMELL" what the rock is cooking up..........