IGNORED

Price on a Ms.Pac-Man Arcade Cab

jboypacman

I was out today with my wife and we stopped at a place called the Antique Warehouse and while walking through it my wife spotted in the back corner of the building a Ms.Pac-Man arcade cab for sale.

It was turned on and the game's demo was running and looked fine but cab looked to have what i thought was sun fade and the coin returns had rust on the inside of them but other than that it seemed fine.

They were asking $775 for it and i was wondering is this a fair/good price? I know Ms.Pac-Man is a classic and popular with collectors so i was just curious about it.

and on a side-note my wife offered to buy it for me with our tax money but i declined the offer due to many other important things that money could be used for....Look at me a responsible adult lol.

Try making an offer if it's not too sun faded, also check the screen with it turned off for screen burn.

Ask to look inside the cab for condition.

I think Cebus is right, about $400 is decent, you can get really nice ones for that $775. Hey, times are tough, they may go for it :thumbsup:

Condition you described under $500. More like 3-4. If you are patient you can score one easy for cheap. Find other collectors in your area, one place to start is KLOV.com and search for local collectors groups on the web.

The problems you described are not too bad at all for a 25+ year old machine. $775 is a little high, but not a rip-off. If you can get it for $600 you got a good deal. Good luck getting one for the aforementioned price of $400 as this price will never come about.

Edited by ericwierson

The problems you described are not too bad at all for a 25+ year old machine. $775 is a little high, but not a rip-off. If you can get it for $600 you got a good deal. Good luck getting one for the aforementioned price of $400 as this price will never come about.

They sell for that and less on ebay at times and on vaps. See if you have an arcade auction in your area.

They sell for that and less on ebay at times and on vaps. See if you have an arcade auction in your area.

I have no idea what vaps is. As far as E-Bay goes , please send me an auction link where a good cab. and perfectly working machine goes for $400.

That's what I meant. You could pay $775 and it wouldn't be HORRIBLE, nothing to cry about later, but if you're patient enough and look hard enough you can find one of the rarer instances Ms. Pac can be found for $400-$500. I'd recommend buying it every single time it comes up at that price FYI :D

That's what I meant. You could pay $775 and it wouldn't be HORRIBLE, nothing to cry about later, but if you're patient enough and look hard enough you can find one of the rarer instances Ms. Pac can be found for $400-$500. I'd recommend buying it every single time it comes up at that price FYI :D

I agree. :thumbsup:

I have no idea what vaps is. As far as E-Bay goes , please send me an auction link where a good cab. and perfectly working machine goes for $400.

Well considering I bought my nearly mint tabletop model last year on ebay for $400, that would make my point. Also the tabletop versions sell for more usually and mine had the speed up mod.

There are 3 on epay now in the $210 (so far) and some with BIN of 499 and 599. Auction prices would be much lower, usually in the $275 to $350 range.

Vaps is part of klov.com, give it a try, there is much more activity there, seems most everyone moved over to vaps about 2 years ago. Lots of op's and nice folks.

Here is an example (and some auctions are much cheaper) of a superauctions.com auction Jan 2010.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=4624.0

Well considering I bought my nearly mint tabletop model last year on ebay for $400, that would make my point. Also the tabletop versions sell for more usually and mine had the speed up mod.

There are 3 on epay now in the $210 (so far) and some with BIN of 499 and 599. Auction prices would be much lower, usually in the $275 to $350 range.

Vaps is part of klov.com, give it a try, there is much more activity there, seems most everyone moved over to vaps about 2 years ago. Lots of op's and nice folks.

Here is an example (and some auctions are much cheaper) of a superauctions.com auction Jan 2010.

Good info. I have been all around the country and have not found a nice cabinet machine for under $400. I hope to get one soon in the Seattle/Portland area.

Edited by ericwierson

Good info. I have been all around the country and have not found a nice cabinet machine for under $400. I hope to get one soon in the Seattle/Portland area.

Hopefully there are some auctions where you are. The trick for good deals seems to be going one when there is another big even going on locally or during bad weather. Few people attend so the prices are lower. Wish you well on finding one orjust anything. I have bought mant items just because they were so cheap. Often auctions will have a "dead row",working but bad monitor or no power up. I bought a nice area 51 2 years ago for $50 that when "zap" when turned on. All that was wrong was that during transport to the auction the neck board on the tube had come loose. The sound scared everyone off.

Just google yourself "arcade auctions and see.