IGNORED

Yars Revenge Contains Nazi Propaganda?

The_Laird

Yeah so its like a swirly manji not a swirly swasika. (or should i say svastika :lol: )

Not even close. In German, it's called a "hakenkreuz" (for non-German-speaking Americans, this is roughly pronounced as "hawk in kroyts"), or hooked cross. And it was very common to see it depicted in either rotation during WWII. For example, German flags would be printed from only one side of the fabric, so if the wind blew the flag from any viewer's right to left, the symbol would appear reversed to him. Also, Allied airmen often would deliberately paint the "kill" markings on aircraft as reversed swastikas, as a sign of disrespect.

Oh nevermind have it your way then. :roll:

-Darren-

Edit: Swastikas arent nescicarily nazi symbols eg. Finnish air force. just chech the wikipedia page for swastika nad there is alot more than just a nazi symbol.

Edit2: (wikipedia) the Manji symbol which is the mirror image of the Nazi swastika

I dont understand why you are rolling your eyes at someone who has proved you wrong in something he obviously knows more about.

Also, it seems that you ignored everything in the article that you quoted. It shows numerous pictures of the swastika (hakenkreuz) in both rotations.

After looking at the wiki link--wonder how the nazis explained away the fact that the so-called 'sub-human' slavic peoples also had a swastika?The whole idea of linking people to a symbol is just lame, especially with such a universal symbol.And to have some androit auction house computer differentiate anything is just plain stupid.I have used the swastika pattern in some of my artwork because when used correctly is conveys movement.And yes it symbolises an evil regime,but at least we should talk about that, or can talk about that;instead an unenlightened Germany just bans it...

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious... Ebay doesn't allow that symbol because it would hurt sales.

Notice how kids are no longer named Adolph? The Charlie Chaplin mustache isn't very popular any more either. Gay used to mean happy. The meaning of things change. Adjust.

I was surprised to see reverse swastikas(ie pointing left, whichever you call it) in Taiwan in neon signs, but that's the original usage before Hilter got to it. I just had to remember it's a good luck symbol that shows up in Bhuddist, Hindu & Native American artwork.

Look back to my thread for actual swatsika usage in video games, ie Castle Wolfenstein which makes no shame about showing it.

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious... Ebay doesn't allow that symbol because it would hurt sales.

Notice how kids are no longer named Adolph? The Charlie Chaplin mustache isn't very popular any more either. Gay used to mean happy. The meaning of things change. Adjust.

No Gae used to mean happy not gay. *facepalm*

-Darren-

No Gae used to mean happy not gay. *facepalm*

-Darren-

I feel so sorry for your parents.