IGNORED

Haunted House II 3D

Charlie_

I have a couple questions about Haunted House II 3D.

When you are at the 1st screen where it tells you to press start, Easy is in the left corner and the right corner say map one. Is there a way to change these? I've pressed every button on the controller and mine doesnt change. (easy to normal or hard or whatever)

Also I was playing for a while and my game ended somewhere on level 4.

It took me back to the intro screen and I pressed start to play another game, and I started back on level 4, with no treasure.

So i paused and reset but everytime my game started on level 4.

Can the game options be changed and is the problem I had restarting on level 4 over and over a bug in the game??

Charlie

I haven't played the game in a while, but I know I never got to level 4, either. How many levels are there? Maybe you beat the game?

I was able to change the skill level on mine with *, and the level with #. It's possible that your controller buttons need to be cleaned (it's a never ending process unless you have the Trak-Ball :))

Maybe John hasn't seen this message yet. His AtariAge nick is ziggystar. He'd be the best one to figure out if there is a bug.

calamari

Thanx guys, My * and # needed cleaning, so i glued so aluminum dots to the bottom of all the number pad keys and they work great now.

Haunted house is still a little slow to change the difficulty and map, but it works now.

The "restarting" where you died must be a bug though. It does it on both my 2 and 4 port systems.

Charlie

• 1 year later...

Haunted House is one of the few 5200 games that is very picky with the controller - In fact I think an update was provided to those that wanted it to fix it - My controller response is a bit slow sometimes vs other games that work great.

Have to say I was a bit disappointed with this title (Koffi is great) - HH II was a bit to rough around the edges for me to really enjoy it.

I believe HH2 can still be bought through Atari2600.com and also from the Mean Hamster Software website as well. If I am wrong, just email John Swiderski and ask him for where to obtain a copy.

I remember the sluggish controller issue with this game. I found it out while play testing it at CGE2k2. But it was very controller specific and most of the controllers that AA had worked just fine with it. But on a few of them, one of the directions was really really slow. I wasn't aware of a fix, but I am glad to report that my controllers here at home have all worked just fine on my copy.

Well..that makes sense...since I actually use 5200 StarWars:TAG for my calibration. Basically I center the joystick by hand, and then flip on the 5200. Wherever the crosshair sits it should be centered when the stick is centered. This isn't the best method I will grant you that, but it has worked very well for me so far... :D

• 1 month later...

I just purchased this HH2 on ebay. The lable is the one with the moon and Haunted House on it. Is this a first run? Anyway, I also have the problem of the eyes moving very slow moving down. On some screens it wont move down at all, and the stupid red spider kills me. So, I don't mean to be ignorant but what does "tweeking the pot" mean?

Nope what you use is some foil tape that you can get an most real electronic stores. Basically you clean off the dots on the buttons really well and then cut some foil to literally just stick onto the dots. I have a pair of sticks that I did this to over 2 years ago now and they are still working great today.

I remember the recommended fix was to tweak a pot inside the 5200, this is what got mine working.

What does "tweak a pot inside the 5200" mean. Everytime I play eventually the eyes stop going down. I get stuck at the top of the screen and can only go side to side. This makes the game impossible to play. Is it fixable or do I have a problem with the game?

Thanks, I will take mine apart and find it.

In the mean time, can anyone ceate a section of AtariAge that shows the game consoles taken apart and lable the main parts. A electronics novice like myself would be greatly helped. I was able to solder the kit to make the 4-port 5200 compatible with the 2600 adapter.

Thanx guys, My * and # needed cleaning, so i glued so aluminum dots to the bottom of all the number pad keys and they work great now.

Chaz, will this work on fire buttons as well? I've never heard of using aluminum?? Did you just use good old tin foil?

Hello. Yes you can super glue aluminum foil dots to the fire buttons as well. I used a paper hole puncher and some dollar store super glue. ;)

I've dont this to many of my controllers and have only had one button where the dot cam eoff and I had to re-glue it.

The foil tape mentioned by someone else sounds much better and easier to put on!

Chaz