IGNORED

Meeting Format?

Greetings,

I'm kind of bummed I missed the first meeting, but I only noticed this group while scrolling down to my normal hang out on AtariAge. I'm wondering what the format of the meetings are (or will be, as it were)? Is the focus on just playing games, are there any presentations, trading, coding, etc.? Personally I'm more into the programming, fixing, building aspect of classic computers and coin-op games, but I'm a casual gamer too (I'd just rather write a game than play a game.)

Anyway, I was just wondering where I could get more info and sign up?

Thanks,

Matthew

Anyway, I was just wondering where I could get more info and sign up?

Thanks,

Matthew

Check here :arrow: Schedule for more details!

The meeting was rather exciting as I was a newb to the group. We met up at a local arcade and played some games for a while....I got schooled at Air Hockey, but you can read about that here

:arrow: Air Hockey Massacre

Everyone in Michigan or anyone that is willing to drive to Michigan is welcome....!

Actually everyone is welcome no matter where they're from. We've got a few people in the northern OH area that might show up too.

Tempest

Edited my original posting to show Any and All who would like to attend are welcome!

I particularly liked the trade side of the event last time

So far we haven't had a whole lot of structure, but I think we're pretty much open to discuss any suggestions for activities at the meetings. So, far we've had two meeting (one previous to starting the user group) and we just kind of hung out and went with the flow. Maybe game tournaments, with prizes like game cartridges autographed by the original owner, or a copy of Super Mario World from Chris Leach... As the group grows I'm sure the level of organization will too.

Maybe game tournaments, with prizes like game cartridges autographed by the original owner, or a copy of Super Mario World from Chris Leach...

Please..no! I don't have any more Super Mario World left.....I sold them all to some chump? I mean place of business.....

I think it would be funny to have a Combat cart that we have as a trophy and whoever wins the tournament of the meeting gets to keep it and sign their name to it. Something like that anyway.

Spray paint a blank cart gold and then put Combat labels on it! The Golden Combat Award!!! :thumbsup:

Well i know Chris has some more T-Shirts and some Promo Game Standees we could coax him to giving as prizes plus am sure we all have a few classic games lying around some where right?

I've got tons of that stuff........? I really like the golden combat award though...I think I have rare Combat cart, cause no one else could, that I could donate as the donor cart for said golden cart!:D

• 3 weeks later...