IGNORED

TI Simon!

Not a sexy beast like some of the other entries - guess I need to break out of my utilitarian mold on the next attempt ;) And no, Marc, no ASCII strip poker; I don't want everyone to suspend their programming activities. :cool:

I used Tursi's emulator to give it a test run and the keyboard response -seemed- ok. The keyboard loop uses the array method I described on the list server, to store key positions. Doing so made about a 5x difference. The game was programmed on a Geneve so I added variable (SP1) to adjust some of the computations for the TI.

OK TI-Simon, into the wild you go...

-Tim

TISIMON.zip

Not a sexy beast like some of the other entries - guess I need to break out of my utilitarian mold on the next attempt ;) And no, Marc, no ASCII strip poker; I don't want everyone to suspend their programming activities. :cool:

I used Tursi's emulator to give it a test run and the keyboard response -seemed- ok. The keyboard loop uses the array method I described on the list server, to store key positions. Doing so made about a 5x difference. The game was programmed on a Geneve so I added variable (SP1) to adjust some of the computations for the TI.

OK TI-Simon, into the wild you go...

-Tim

Good to see you still know how to have fun my boy! Great job, unfortunately I truly suck at Simon so would you please add an Illiterate Okie choice to your menu and reduce the color choices to 1 ;-)

And I see your next entry is going to be called TI Titties ? Can't wait. Gentlemen.... start your B*ners ;-)

Good to see you still know how to have fun my boy! Great job, unfortunately I truly suck at Simon so would you please add an Illiterate Okie choice to your menu and reduce the color choices to 1 ;-)

And I see your next entry is going to be called TI Titties ? Can't wait. Gentlemen.... start your B*ners ;-)

Hmmm... based on your comments, I seriously have to wonder... why only one color? Hmmmm :evil::?

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

I remember that!

Nice game, brings back a memory of a TI basic game I had that was Simon but based on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I can waste alot of time playing Simon, lol.

That was Simon's Saucer. 99'er Magazine released it on tape with a little flippy-book thing, to teach you programming fundamentals while you checked out the listing.

It's amazing how mesmerizing the most basic game concepts (Simon, Space Invaders, Breakout, Tetris) can be, even after all these years and advancements in technology. Gameplay is everything - that hasn't changed since Pong and Colossal Cave.

Thanks guys ;)

You can try the "trainer" options to show the keys. I actually find the faster options are easier, but I have to play a while before getting in the teens. IIRC, the original Simon had options like allowing 2,3, or 4 colors but I ran out of time to mess around with that.

All these fun little games are getting those creative chemical imbalances flowing <grin> Time to go try a few of the other entries!

I remember that!

Nice game, brings back a memory of a TI basic game I had that was Simon but based on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I can waste alot of time playing Simon, lol.

That was Simon's Saucer. 99'er Magazine released it on tape with a little flippy-book thing, to teach you programming fundamentals while you checked out the listing.

It's amazing how mesmerizing the most basic game concepts (Simon, Space Invaders, Breakout, Tetris) can be, even after all these years and advancements in technology. Gameplay is everything - that hasn't changed since Pong and Colossal Cave.

You wouldn't have a copy of that Simon's saucer around would you? I'ld love the nostalgia of playing it again.

Nope. Unless it's on some archived disk on ripped off some archive. I probably played it off cassette, but who knows.

I remember that!

You wouldn't have a copy of that Simon's saucer around would you? I'ld love the nostalgia of playing it again.