IGNORED

Pole Position made by Intellivision?

Atarimania has the listing with no photo.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pole-position_13864.html

Cool, did you see those ads at the bottom of the page?

I'm just curious if it's the Atari versions with Intellivisions name on it. Or the Intellivisions ports, ported to the Atari.

Say that 5 times fast. Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported

Atarimania has the listing with no photo.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pole-position_13864.html

Cool, did you see those ads at the bottom of the page?

I'm just curious if it's the Atari versions with Intellivisions name on it. Or the Intellivisions ports, ported to the Atari.

Say that 5 times fast. Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported Ports Ported

I did a little research, this is NOT an Intellivision release of games for the VCS. It's a Canal 3 release of games for the VCS undercutting the official release channels, as well as touting they can be fixed (as it was prohibitive to send Atari official carts back to the states instead of fixing them) (their words, not mine)

Canal 3 was releasing INTV carts there prior to this, so they just kept the name on the carts to help with name recognition. The yellow boxes were their "Gold Series" of carts.

So that very likely means it's the Atari version of Pole for the VCS, and not the 4 track INTV release.

"that five times fast."

But seriously, though, it might be an AtariSoft title that wasn't released by said company and just got picked up by INTV Systems. I know that's usually what happened with a lot of AtariSoft games for the Intellivision.

The game is NOT for the INTV, but for the VCS.

This same company also released a "super charger" that allowed play of cassette games to the VCS system, and they did release a cassette version of Pole Position that way as well.

But seriously, though, it might be an AtariSoft title that wasn't released by said company and just got picked up by INTV Systems. I know that's usually what happened with a lot of AtariSoft games for the Intellivision.

The INTV release of Pole Position (which I just added to my library today, BTW :D) was not the one that was started at AtariSoft; it was programmed from scratch by Mark Urbaniec for Realtime Associates.

Besides, as others have pointed out, that's a pirated 2600 cartridge and not an Intellivision cartridge, so I'm not even sure why they're calling it "Intellivision Pole Position."

The INTV release of Pole Position (which I just added to my library today, BTW :D) was not the one that was started at AtariSoft; it was programmed from scratch by Mark Urbaniec for Realtime Associates.

Besides, as others have pointed out, that's a pirated 2600 cartridge and not an Intellivision cartridge, so I'm not even sure why they're calling it "Intellivision Pole Position."

Because it have Intellivision written on the label I guess.

Phil