IGNORED

Best looking game?

Pyromaniac605

I personally like Space Invaders the best. I even like the 2600 version wayy better than thr 5200 one or any other version I've played. I'd even go as far to say I like it better than the arcade one. I bet when Space Invaders came out for the 2600....that game was top of the line for it's day. Graphics still hold up for some reason and is an addictive game.

I really love how Pitfall 2 looks too. Dragonfire is another game that looks awesome.

I personally like Space Invaders the best. I'd even go as far to say I like it better than the arcade one.

BLASPHEMER! The arcade game is a billion times better! :D

Im with lushgirl on this one the arcade version is plain white with an overlay or at least thats what it looks like to me. The 2600 version is a lot more colourful.

-Darren-

Edited by Pyromaniac605

Best looking: Escape From the Mindmaster. Anything first person on the 2600 is impressive, and this one's resolution blows away Crypts of Chaos, Survival Island, and Tunnel Runner. Props to Tunner Runner, though, for the "textures". Crypts and SI forgot to add color into the first person sections. Escape is probably as close to 3D as the 2600 gets.

Best sound: Pitfall II and/or Bump 'n' Jump. I'm kinda leaning toward Bump 'n' Jump because Pitfall II had better hardware in the cart. Didn't Bump 'n' Jump just have the ROM and a memory chip on the cart?

Best sound: Pitfall II and/or Bump 'n' Jump. I'm kinda leaning toward Bump 'n' Jump because Pitfall II had better hardware in the cart. Didn't Bump 'n' Jump just have the ROM and a memory chip on the cart?

Yes! I love the music in those games. Pitfall II had the little snare drum sound and Bump 'N' Jump had the cutest tune (although, I guess that one could get tiring after a while). Both those games are in my top 10 for game play, too!

Tunnel Runner-Great colors and the monsters marching at you chomping is just cool looking

Demon Attack-Great colors and the "whoosh-in" effect when the enemies appear is one of my all time favorite video game effects.

Mountain King - I love the simple minimalist look.

Edited by joeybastard

Every time I pop Kung Fu Master into my 2600, I am amazed by the color and detail. It looks almost as good as the 7800 version and has better controls.

My only problem with KFM is that everyone looks like they're wearing half of a mask or something (or a ski mask pulled down half way). I have no idea what the top half of your head is black, but it looks stupid.

Tempest

Every time I pop Kung Fu Master into my 2600, I am amazed by the color and detail. It looks almost as good as the 7800 version and has better controls.

My only problem with KFM is that everyone looks like they're wearing half of a mask or something (or a ski mask pulled down half way). I have no idea what the top half of your head is black, but it looks stupid.

Tempest

I always imagined it being like a Zorro mask. It's no worse than Frankenstein's Monster with the character wearing a white baseball cap. And we are talking about a system where your character looked this a few games back:

post-17851-126955905688_thumb.jpg