IGNORED

Intellivision Rarity Guide

Rev

Knowing the rarity of items is invaluable to the collectors. Especially if you find stuff in the wild, you will be smart enough not to overpay for common games. Intellivision has many, many common games. I created a rarity list for label and cart variations with Atari, and wanted to do the same for Intellivision.

I've begun to create the section for the Intellivision photo variations. Whoever pointed out INTV Funhouse has done me a great service, and I've been speaking with the owner of that site. This being said, I'm actually providing him with some scans that he's missing. Unlike his site, I'm getting into more detail with variations, and also I show box front and back and bottom if there is something printed there. If you click on the site in my signature, you will see I've already completed the first 3 titles by Mattel.

I'm currently working on Armor Battle, which is a big chore. The titles that were produced longer than others are the ones that will give me the most hassle. Also, since I can't find my loose games as of yet, I can only work with my boxed copies. Armor Battle, I have 11 extra boxed. My guess if I can find my loose copies is that I have another 15-20 carts of Armor Battle. My wife doesn't want to let me get into the closet I think they are in, but I may just do the whole sneak thing when she goes out one day.

I want the site to be extremely comprehensive. It's just the way I am. If you're going to do something, do it right.

I hope collectors get something out of the site. I figure Intellivision is going to take me 6-12 months to complete. Tell me what you think so far. The actual MS Word/PDF list will be put up when I finish the first 6 titles, which is what I have on the list already. But I wanted to get all the scans up before releasing the document.

I can also use any help on missing scans if you have them. Mostly back of the box, and bottom of the box if something is printed. If the box bottom is blank, I'm not going to show anything.

Phil

i noticed that too,and i think congo bongo should be a 9.not a 7.

overall i think it is a great rarity guide.

Ahhh Yes. I did not notice that one. Good eye. I agree with that to. Also Turbo CIB Is harder than a 6, Probably an 8 IMO. HHW

I don't think this guide is based on rarity complete, but rather rarity of the game itself. People should create a column for rarity of manual and rarity of boxes. Not just for Intellivision, but for any system they have a rarity guide for.

Phil

i noticed that too,and i think congo bongo should be a 9.not a 7.

overall i think it is a great rarity guide.

Ahhh Yes. I did not notice that one. Good eye. I agree with that to. Also Turbo CIB Is harder than a 6, Probably an 8 IMO. HHW

I don't think this guide is based on rarity complete, but rather rarity of the game itself. People should create a column for rarity of manual and rarity of boxes. Not just for Intellivision, but for any system they have a rarity guide for.

Phil

Agreed, but a lot more work. Sounds like your guide is going to pretty good. :thumbsup:

he has learning fun I & II at a r7

these should be at r9 in my opinion.

just a few minor adjustments and it would be perfect,but it's still good.

I= 7

II = 8

:)

ive been trying to get learning fun 1 and 2 for a couple years now,they elude me yet!!!

thats why i would put them at a 9.

do you have an extra of these for me? :P

I= 7

II = 8

ive been trying to get learning fun 1 and 2 for a couple years now,they elude me yet!!!

I haven't been able to get them either. I guess you could always create your own guides. :)

Phil

I= 7

II = 8

I haven't been able to get them either. I guess you could always create your own guides. :)

Phil

Sadly, I had LF I Loose and CIB. Only had one LFII Loose. Sadly I sold them a While back. I do need to find em again. HHW

The only item I know I sold that I should've kept for my personal collection is the box for Atari 32 in 1. That was when I first started collecting and didn't care about keeping boxes. Other than that, I've never sold another piece from my collection for any system.

Phil

Sadly, when you run your own business, you have to make sacrifices some time. :(

The only item I know I sold that I should've kept for my personal collection is the box for Atari 32 in 1. That was when I first started collecting and didn't care about keeping boxes. Other than that, I've never sold another piece from my collection for any system.

Phil

you must have quite the collection by now :D

Phil

you must have quite the collection by now :D

This was my Atari 2600 collection 2 years ago. I took these pictures to show the kids in my class at the time. There is actually another shelf below the M Network shelf. Also, the loose games are 2 deep. You can sort of see my boxed Intellivision games. Colecovision is on the top shelf with Master System underneath. My NES collection is on 3 shelves below the SMS. I need to fix things since I've gotten more stuff since then. Maybe I'll take pictures afterwards.

Many of my other vintage systems are in a closet or other shelves. Eventually I may take pictures of everything if I can ever get organized enough.

Phil

post-1349-12685111107_thumb.jpg

post-1349-1268511119_thumb.jpg

post-1349-126851112587_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philflound