IGNORED

Question about "QuickPick" Feature on OSX Version of Harmony Cart Software

Mark Wolfe

How do I get the "QuickPick" feature to work? It seems to be a multi-cart setting. I loaded the spots with games, how is that then uploaded to the Harmony Cart and how is it used? I'm using the latest version of the OSX software. I have already successfully upgraded the firmware, copied the bios and played many games but I do not see the quick pick menu anywhere... what am I doing wrong?

Quickpick is actually a remnant of the Krokodile cart software, which uses the same codebase. It is intended for pre-selecting often-played games for loading to the internal memory of the cart. In the case of Harmony, loading a game from this screen into Harmony would overwrite the multicart BIOS and play just that single game until BIOS was reflashed.

Quickpick is useful for the Kroko cart, as it can only load a single game for some bankswitching types and having a number of often-played games ready to load makes sense. For Harmony, it's not particularly useful since you can put just about any binary on an SD card. And although the development tab is useful for programming new games and not having to fuss with the SD card, it's unlikely too many will need a bunch of ready-to-load games.

Thanks for the quick response but I am still left scratching my head. Does this feature work on the harmony cart or no? if so, how is it made to work. I tried filling the spots with games and re-copying the bios to the sd card and no go for any kind of multi-cart menu. I think it would be nice to have a quick menu of games to choose from where you did not have to traverse through directories and I do realize I could just create a directory with those games in it but I am still wondering if I can use this feature with the Harmony Cart.

Quickpick is not for the Harmony cart menu and never was. It is not for multicart mode at all.

Think of it in terms of how the Krokodile cart works (for loading a single game to the cart) because it was really intended for that.

Like you said, if there are games you play often, put them in a directory on the SD card.