IGNORED

Atari Table!

Cebus Capucinis

It was an approximately 12-hour long project that took a lot of time and consideration, but Monkey Labs Project #2 is proud to be announced as both green lighted and COMPLETE! I now have a lovely accent corner table for my video game room to complement my Atari Lamp. Now I am working on some chairs and we will have Atari Cocktail Lounge Corner at Cebus' house! YES!

The labels (sans Gauntlet) are all Atari cartridges starting with Rarity 10 and working their way down alphabetically by rarity to approx. Rarity 2-ish. There's a cool mixture of all the titles and I think the colors really look pretty! The carts look really great, too -- first I Rit dyed them in the washing machine, but in the end I used a 96 cent rattlecan of gloss black paint to get them back to new looking. So shiny! It is a 2x2 stand of carts arranged in a rarity staircase pattern, with custom-printed endlabels. The top 4 carts needed top labels since they can be seen through the glass, but the other carts didn't get the top labels adhered to them, as you can't see them anyway and just for the little corner of paper it would have been too cost-prohibitive.

The carts are Loc-Tite glued together in the tile pattern and then stacked. It took around 4-5 tubes of Loc-Tite glue to get it to hold but it is SOLID AS A ROCK and no slippage or anything, which is awesome because I was really concerned about breakage. Using these principles on the limited edition of 10 lamps I will soon be announcing (hint hint) will really make the lamps look a lot better.

The next project for today is to finally get that lamp cleaned up and appropriately built. The prototype still looks shabby but I got too busy with this table, so now that I have something pretty to put the lamp on I am going to finish up cleaning the lamp up and re-adhering the box scans to the lampshade. Should only take an hour or so!

So who will be the first to come to my house and drink a beer with me at the Atari Cocktail Table Lounge???? :D

post-24585-126851079195_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851079424_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851079625_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851079848_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851080062_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851080289_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851080513_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851080692_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851080883_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851081054_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851086843_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851087062_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851087217_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851087383_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851087558_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851087743_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851088065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

haha the door is a dead-end door into our water heater closet. Nobody has gone in there in 1 year! :D

The table and lamp combo will actually be moved upstairs into our projector and video game room itself, rather than lingering in the garage. There are no good corners to put it in with the garage but I have the perfect place set up for the video game room!!! :thumbsup:

So who will be the first to come to my house and drink a beer with me at the Atari Cocktail Table Lounge???? :D

One of these days I might take you up on that, though I'm not much of a beer drinker. :D

I can see it now, Monkey Labs Project #20: Building a house out of 2600 carts.

Actually, I agree about Gauntlet, but just because it's a boring label. I'd put another red label, but have the reds and silvers diagonal from each other. I see you already got BMX Airmaster in there, good choice.

Looks awesome! You need to get rid of that gauntlet one though, it's not an atari stardard shelled game. Replace it with Dumbo or something :P

Bah, you purist!!! That was the one I actually felt bad sticking on there. Labels can be re-stuck so I may have to do that!!! :D

I wanted the top 4 games to be higest Rarity! They are R10 and R9, but the only R10 that had a cart scan via Al was BMX Airmaster for Atari labels. Gauntlet was the closest one to it, so I just went ahead and did that. I am thinking I might use a lab loaner scan for Pepsi Invaders!

EDIT: Moved the lamp to a new location! GOD that lamp looks terrible. I am probably going to just scrap this prototype and make an entirely new one after production run for myself...

Also Monkey Labs does have the ultimate goal of building a complete "Atari room" so you're close in saying that! I am going to try to make a video game room with everything Atari.... :D

post-24585-126851308874_thumb.jpgpost-24585-126851309058_thumb.jpg

Set in stone actually! We just need to find a house, which we should be doing this week! :thumbsup:

Also you'd have to buy me a Frito FACTORY for this one, this thing was a pain to make, I won't be doing another :D

Cool! :cool:

Funny you say that, one of the Frito Lay plants is about 15 minutes north of me!!!

Also you'd have to buy me a Frito FACTORY for this one, this thing was a pain to make, I won't be doing another :D

Frito Factory sent! I hope you don't mind I shipped it in a bubble mailer! :D

Actually you live close enough to me.....I could deliver a custom-made table.... :ponder: You also have all sorts of cool stuff to trade..... :ponder:

You know what? I'm gonna go ahead and put an offer on the table here:

I will custom-make a lamp and corner table for anyone who can trade me for a working Wizard of Wor/1943/Time Pilot cabinet or something interesting or fun. You will call the shots and I'll make it exactly how you want. We will have to trade deliveries or something, but we'll work that out in a PM. Seriously! Message me if interested :D I am open to offers, Wizard of Wor is just my #1 wanted cabinet at the moment ;) Make an offer!