IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - March 13th 2010

Pixelboy

This doesn't solve the creasing problem, but I guess I can crease the boxes myself "manually".

I can help you Luc, contact me ;)

Considering how hard it is for us to meet, J-F, unless your crease machine is portable and unless you are willing to bring it to my house (and leave it there until I'm finished with it) I do believe I'll have to do this on my own.

unless your crease machine is portable and unless you are willing to bring it to my house (and leave it there until I'm finished with it)

This's something I can do :)

How long do you think you'll need it ?

I'll have 330 boxes to put creases on, so it depends how your machine works. Is it a handheld device, or a heavy "desktop box" apparatus? Also, it is better to add crease lines before or after cutting out the perimeter of the box cardboard?

unless your crease machine is portable and unless you are willing to bring it to my house (and leave it there until I'm finished with it)

This's something I can do :)

How long do you think you'll need it ?

I'll have 330 boxes to put creases on, so it depends how your machine works. Is it a handheld device, or a heavy "desktop box" apparatus? Also, it is better to add crease lines before or after cutting out the perimeter of the box cardboard?

The machine is not really big

I always cut the box before creasing them

The process is very easy to do

I'll talk you more about it when I'll bring it to you

Yikes! I hope both the job situation and the box cutting/creasing problems end well for you Luc.

Cheers.

I sent an urgent e-mail to Dieco yesterday evening, asking them to stop whatever they're doing. I realized that the solution I discussed with them (during the meeting last Wednesday) doesn't really work and will only serve to ruin everything. I just hope they won't start to cut and crease during the week-end...

I thought of another solution, which would allow me to cut the boxes with an X-acto knife quickly and easely: A metal contour guide piece. I can just place the guide over each box carton, and run the X-acto knife along the edges. With a metal guide like that, I will get a clean and precise cut everytime, especially if I can somehow get a rugged surface glued to the underside of the guide to increase friction and keep the guide from gliding around while I'm running the X-acto knife around it. This doesn't solve the creasing problem, but I guess I can crease the boxes myself "manually". The important thing is getting a precise cut.

Now I just need to get that metal guide made. I've got someone in mind at my job who may be able to help me with that. I'll keep you all informed. :)

Hi Luc - sincerely hope your job red alert has not ended badly.

If you do go down the metal guide route for cutting the boxes, why not use clamps to hold the metal guide on top of the box - that should eliminate any chances of the guide slipping during cutting.

Nah, it's starting to settle down now, but there's another one that's coming as soon as next week. I'm hoping I won't have to work this week-end, because I've got tax forms to fill... :)

If you do go down the metal guide route for cutting the boxes, why not use clamps to hold the metal guide on top of the box - that should eliminate any chances of the guide slipping during cutting.

The clamps will just get in my way while I run the X-acto knife along the perimeter. What I intend to do is put each carton on a wooden surface, place the metal guide over it, and then place something heavy (like a dictionary) on top of the metal guide to hold it in place. With a proper non-skid sole, the metal guide shouldn't glide as long as I don't do a false move with the knife. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. ;)

Now if this blasted job rush period can end, I can start looking at the details of having the metal guide made to my specifications.

Nah, it's starting to settle down now, but there's another one that's coming as soon as next week. I'm hoping I won't have to work this week-end, because I've got tax forms to fill... :)

The clamps will just get in my way while I run the X-acto knife along the perimeter. What I intend to do is put each carton on a wooden surface, place the metal guide over it, and then place something heavy (like a dictionary) on top of the metal guide to hold it in place. With a proper non-skid sole, the metal guide shouldn't glide as long as I don't do a false move with the knife. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. ;)

Now if this blasted job rush period can end, I can start looking at the details of having the metal guide made to my specifications.

As usual, sounds like you know what you're doing. I'm sure you'll do a good job of it.

Now if this pesky real life would stop getting in the way we could get on with our favourite past-time - aka ColecoVision.