IGNORED

FlashCard information and news

Lynxman

Hello all,

this is the official Lynx FlashCard info thread.
Since most of the FlashCard users ordered via AtariAge, I think this is the right place for the official home of the Lynx FlashCard.

For information and news, hardware and firmware updates, etc. I will use my Blog: (please subscribe)

http://www.atariage....flashcard-blog/

Link to the last Firmware: http://atariage.com/forums/blog/355/entry-12619-firmware-vx40/

For discussion please use the following thread:

http://www.atariage....t-do-you-think/

If you are interested to buy a FlashCard, please send me a PM.

General:

The Lynx FlashCard is a development tool. It can hold one game, demo or application.
It is controlled by a Atmel AVR µCom.
The communication with the PC is be done via an RS232 to USB converter. (FTDI)
For the communication you need a PC with Linux/Windows or a Mac with a terminal program.
The data is sent as binaries to the FlashCard.

Here are the FlashCard specifications:

- 512K Flash ROM for game/application

- 93C46 EEPROM running in 16-Bit mode for High scores etc. User can read/write/modify/erase single or all bytes. (New 2016: possible to order 93C66 or 93C86)
- Baudrates supported from 9600 to 115200 Baud
- Status and transfer LEDs
- Menu with 5 languages (english, german, french, spain and dutch)
- Mini-USB connector - Cable included
- Gold-plated contacts
- Bootloader for easy Firmware updates
- Cool red PCB :-)
- Only for the 20th/25th anniversary edition: 8KB EEPROM with a little demo. It is shown before the game/application starts. (possible to switch off).

NOTE - The FlashCard is designed to be used with the Lynx II. If you want to use with the Lynx I, it is recommented to remove the cartridge door. It is possible to damage the FlashCard if it is inserted into a Lynx I with the door attached.

Included in delivery:

- FlashCard
- Box - high quality resealable plastic
- Manual – PDF file version in English and German on a Mini CD
- Mini-USB-wire

Order and payment:

To order a FlashCard, please send me a PM.

Inside Europe, I accept PayPal or a money tranfer to my bank account.
Outside Europe, I only accept PayPal.

Shipping:

Registered shipping, tracking number will be provided

Also available from me:

Lynx:

Yastuna 1 and 2 on beautiful icon_winking.gif red pcb

Solitaire on beautiful ;) red pcb

The competition cart from user Rygar

Lynxopoly from AA user Matashen

Atari Falcon:

14MB memory board
Specifications: memory chips mounted on the memory board (no PS/2 simm needed, no additional contact resistance), same size as original Atari memory board (no need to modify the metal shielding), only NOS chip used (no fake China NOS!) first class memory chips like Siemens, LG, Samsung Hyundai, Toshiba, TI...

The 14MB memory board works fine with all Falcon speeders and screen blasters.

The 14MB memory board is tested and works fine with 3 different Falcon with different speeders 32MHz speeder/ct60/ct63 and screen blaster.

Additional - it works fine with my Falcon (32MHz and internal Screenblaster III)

8 chip design, cool black pcb

Lynxman

edit: updated 01/2016

Edited by Lynxman
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want one please contact me and let me know how to get one

Why don't you contact him? Asking the seller in a thread to contact you is kind of strange when you could just send him a message. :/ Will be quicker that way.

It's all written in this thread.

Order and payment:

To order a FlashCard, please send me a PM.

Inside Europe, I accept PayPal or a money tranfer to my bank account.

Outside Europe, I only accept PayPal.

The cost for a Lynx FlashCard is 79 Euro, plus shipping and PayPal fees.

Shipping:

You can decide between registered shipping and shipping with insurance. If you need insurance, please send me a PM.

Shipping cost, PayPal fee and total to send:

Registered shipping + PayPal fee for Germany: 9 Euro – Total is 88 Euro

Registered shipping + PayPal fee for rest of Europe: 12 Euro – Total is 91 Euro

Registered shipping + PayPal fee for Australia/Canada/USA: 18 Euro – Total is 97 Euro

Others: please send me PM

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why don't you contact him? Asking the seller in a thread to contact you is kind of strange when you could just send him a message. :/ Will be quicker that way.

It's all written in this thread.

Tried that the first 2 times, but I do appreciate your infinite wisdom and guidance on identifying how strange my actions are.

Edited by Umberto

Tried that the first 2 times, but I do appreciate your infinite wisdom and guidance on identifying how strange my actions are.

I don't believe you, simple as that.^^

Lynxman has been selling the flashcards for years, and he didn't get back to you TWICE?

Edited by 108 Stars

Hello Robert,

you already send me your address for shipping and your email.

I answered with the details for payment via email. Did you checked the spam folder?

I am very sorry if the email got lost. I send you an email again.

If you not receive please ask again via PM.

The FlashCard is in stock.

Lynxman

Edited by Lynxman

Hello Robert,

you already send me your address for shipping and your email.

I answered with the details for payment via email. Did you checked the spam folder?

I am very sorry if the email got lost. I send you an email again.

If you not receive please ask again via PM.

The FlashCard is in stock.

Lynxman

Thanks got you email will paypal tomorrow cant wait to get my card

Edited by Umberto

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, there really is an atari Lynx Flashcart scene :) Though I suspect its not as big as the gameboy flashcart scene yet.

Well, in fairness, the Gameboy did sells millions more than the Lynx thanks to its weak specs, cheaper price, monopolistic business practices, decent marketing, the lucky court victory over Tetris against Atari Games/Tengen, etc. so yes there probably would be a much larger flash card market today amongst Gameboy enthusiasts than Lynx enthusiasts. Then again, apples to apples, the Lynx owners of the past and today are probably more tech savvy than the average Gameboy owner...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I already send you an answer about the images you can use. -> http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223077-looking-for-homebrew-for-the-lynx/

(Search function 3 seconds...)

Please read the manual and if you have any question, please ask.

Short: connect with HTerm (baudrate 9600!) press anykey (FlashCard!) -> Menu should be shown

send "1" to switch the flashcard to 115200 baud, switch HTerm to 115200 baud

note: FlashCard is saving the all settings. Next start you can use 115200 from the beginning

5) set file extention ("x" means the flashCard use the setting)
6) set memory size (first try Atari release games, the size fit to the setting. Please note: in case of 512k Atari release use "512K")
7) send "w" to the flashCard -> FlashCard is erasing the memory (wait until it is erased!) and after this it will waiting for data
8 ) send the game click "send file"

And please read the manual! It is really annoying to spend many time to make a manual and no one is reading it!

• 2 months later...

Hi Lynxman,

I don't know if You remember me - I was the guy You've epsecially made the Lynx 1 FlashCard for.

It was working perfectly OK until today.

It doesn't want to erase properly, doesn't show the dots. Just blink - and it claims the card is erased. When I write any game - they don't work on Lynx 1 nor Lynx 2.

I tried to slow down the transfer ("5" command) but it stayed with speed "1", and additionally now it shows a lot of mess/garbage after pressing "any key".

So it seems like it's totally dead.

Can You help me pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

The only thing I can suggest, it could cause it, is putting wrong size of the file into 'formatted' card.

They were sending me a file for testing on real machine. It was always 256K. And suddenly, without any word, they changed the file's size into 128K and sadly I tried several times to upload this file into 256K-formatted card.

Hence it all started.

I do hope You can help me with this.

Regards,

Yerz

Questions:

- do you changed the speed of the terminal programm to 57600 baud after "5" comand?

- do you tried to reset the baud rate? -> press reset, hold anykey, release reset until green led is on than release anykey -> switched to 9600 baud (default) -> switch terminal to 9600 ;-)

- do you performed the "[x] reset all" comand? (in case the FlashCard will show any confusing action, always first perform "reset all"

Please note: the comand "5" is changing the setting of the FlashCard. It do not change the setting of the terminal program!

To load a 128K file to a FlashCard with 256 setting will not damage the FalshCard and will not course the sympthoms you wrote.

But if you send data without sending"w" (write) it may be that the FlashCard will identify any byte of the data send as a comand and change any setting.

• 3 months later...