IGNORED

ProSystem Emulator problems

_Fandal_

I have troubles running some 128kB games under ProSystem 1.3 emulator (Win32). Ikari Warriors or Planet Smashers boot but both games lock up after intro, Midnight Mutants even doesn't boot. Where could be problem? I downloaded 7800.rom and .a78 cart images, set up BIOS and region to NTSC but I didn't get any further. I would really appreciate any help...

F.

I have troubles running some 128kB games under ProSystem 1.3 emulator (Win32). Ikari Warriors or Planet Smashers boot but both games lock up after intro, Midnight Mutants even doesn't boot. Where could be problem? I downloaded 7800.rom and .a78 cart images, set up BIOS and region to NTSC but I didn't get any further. I would really appreciate any help...

F.

Have you tried 1.2, just as a quick check?

-John

What version are you using? The latest version is 1.3e which is available on the forum. I have found 1.3d to be buggy emulating two button joysticks.

I tried version 1.3e but it didn't work for me as well...

F.

Have you tried 1.2, just as a quick check?

-John

Oh my, everything is OK under version 1.2! Thanks for help!

F.

I've had weird errors like this happen when the files

Prosystem.dat

Prosystem.chm

are missing. I had this happen when compiling from source.

These need to be in the same folder with the executable.

ProSystem13e_chm_dat.zip

I tried 1.3e with those files removed, and it caused the same errors you described with Ikari and MM.

I have found 1.3d to be buggy emulating two button joysticks.

That's very true. 1.3d is seriously bugged in the way it toggles between 1 and 2 button mode. Nobody should run that version - several games are broken on that version, because they boot in the wrong mode or switch improperly. 1.3e does it correctly.