IGNORED

First Machines!

Devbinks

How much for them? Did you get an amazing steal on them? :D

Not sure how much they're worth actually. In total it came to $1,200 >.>;

60 in 1 is a good deal, you can also buy a generic jamma wired case (dead or crapy game inside) for $50 or less, the 60 in 1 should be $119 or less,add a few buttons and if you like a better picture rip out the CGA monitor and put in a vga (60-1 has vga output as well as jamma vga. should run about $250 tops when you are done and add some multicade logos in the header. For those less technically incline and just want to play $750 is typical. Enjoy!

• Like 1

As much as I'd love to be able to just build one like that and save money, I've never really worked with this sort of thing so I'd probably blow myself up some how lol

Although... you've still managed to pique my interest in trying :ponder:

There is nothing wrong with that at all, Many of us collectors did the same, my 1st machine I paid a bunch for,though I still have it I was never sorry. Enjoy! Maybe you can make a buck by using yours as a model and making one to sell to someone else. Arcade auctions and craiglist are a good source of the base machine/case. Vaps usually has someone in the forums selling 60-1 and 500 in one whatever the flavor you like for a cheap price.

Here is the general chat link,lots of op's and repair guys there. Worth a look.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/vaps/talk/

• Like 1

I just picked up my first two Saturday.

Tron and Zaxxon.

gallery_25754_500_43311.jpg

gallery_25754_500_129375.jpg

gallery_25754_500_26645.jpg

I just wanted Tron really, but I had to by both. I got an amazing deal. With the truck rental and bar tab for the moving helpers, I spent a little under $500. The games were $150 a piece. The both work fine. Zaxxon needs a little work, but Tron looks beautiful. It needs a new insert in the joystick and a new sticker on the spinner and one of the stickers is cracking on the screen hood but other than that everything looks decent.

I'm extremely happy.

• Like 2

Tron and Zaxxon.

I'm extremely happy.

Where are you located krunchy? That's an AMAZING GOOD DEAL! I am betting you are on the east coast, it seems very rare that games pop up for such amazing prices here out west.

I am on the East. I live in a South Jersey suburb of Philadelphia and the machines came from a PA suburb.

Right time right place. They were moving, the woman of the house wanted the games gone. She said she had several people call just for Tron, but she wanted everything to go at once.

It was a week from the time I called her, until I could pick up the machines. Everyday I was wondering what was going to happen to screw up the deal. Besides having to drag the dolly up a steep hill in her yard... all went well.

• Like 2

Tron and Zaxxon.

gallery_25754_500_43311.jpg

gallery_25754_500_129375.jpg

gallery_25754_500_26645.jpg

I just wanted Tron really, but I had to by both. I got an amazing deal. With the truck rental and bar tab for the moving helpers, I spent a little under $500. The games were $150 a piece. The both work fine. Zaxxon needs a little work, but Tron looks beautiful. It needs a new insert in the joystick and a new sticker on the spinner and one of the stickers is cracking on the screen hood but other than that everything looks decent.

I'm extremely happy.

The good thing about TRON is there is an abundance of reproduction parts made for it so restoring them can be easy (although expensive)

OUCH! My back hurts just thinking about moving those two machines of yours Krunchyfrog! They are a couple of the heaviest arcade games ever made! Especially Zaxxon. You wouldn't think it, but I believe that clocks in at around 400pds. About a year ago, I made the mistake of lugging my Tron down to the basement. I say mistake because someone fell in love with it and threw me an offer I couldn't refuse ($1200, but it had all new repro stuff). I never want to lug up and down my basement a Tron game ever again. lol