IGNORED

New Stereo Extension avaiable!

mega-hz

Hi Folks,

i made a new very small and good sounding Stereo Extension for the Ataris!

stereo-top.jpg

Have a look at here:

Stereo Englisch

or in German:

Stereo German

regards,

Wolfram

That's awesome.. I want one.. I'm sure warerat will want one too. How much for two, including shipping to the states?

I used to do this upgrade for people alot using a variaety of custom configurations, and even made a run of boards for the extra POKEY, itself.. And this is the first "all-in-one" version of this upgrade that I have seen, that I would actually buy.. Wolfram did a real nice job with the layout, and keeping the footprint as small as possible while incorporating the best functional features.

benefits of this design:

1) very small (using all smt components, the entire upgrade is only a few mm larger than the footprint of the actual POKEY chips.)

2) self contained preamplification/low-pass filtering (bass boost) of both stereo channels.

3) ability to join both channels as MONO with the flip of a switch.

4) GTIA (keyclick sounds) mixed in with both stereo channels.

5) Easy "7-WIRE hookup" installation.

This is the best/most refined design I have seen so far..

@ Megahz: How much !?!?!?

It looks like the page says 17eur, which converts to $23-$25. That sounds low for such a nice board but I'll take a couple if that's the price.

I used to do this upgrade for people alot using a variaety of custom configurations, and even made a run of boards for the extra POKEY, itself.. And this is the first "all-in-one" version of this upgrade that I have seen, that I would actually buy.. Wolfram did a real nice job with the layout, and keeping the footprint as small as possible while incorporating the best functional features.

benefits of this design:

1) very small (using all smt components, the entire upgrade is only a few mm larger than the footprint of the actual POKEY chips.)

2) self contained preamplification/low-pass filtering (bass boost) of both stereo channels.

3) ability to join both channels as MONO with the flip of a switch.

4) GTIA (keyclick sounds) mixed in with both stereo channels.

5) Easy "7-WIRE hookup" installation.

This is the best/most refined design I have seen so far..

@ Megahz: How much !?!?!?

@candle:

Just saw your "simple stereo" on your hp, didn`t know about it till now, sorry, if it looks like a cheap copy....

@all:

a packet from DE to US cost about 29euro (up to 5Kg weight),

so a combined order would put down the shipping costs a lot for everyone!

17euro is the right price for a fully soldered and tested pcb.

Would be easier for me if someone of the US collect the orders and payments.

Metalguy, would you like to take that part?

@rdea6:

please only email

I will soon write an english page for the stereo, google translation is not so good.

regards,

Wolfram.

Instead of using the email mentioned on the translated english site .... could I PM you here on the Forums to get information about payment and details about addresses. I only want one.

icon_ponder.gif

As an exercise for the hardware hacker you can get 3 and make a triple-POKEY or quad-POKEY board out of it (w/surround sound for extra credit).

That link for English version gave me an error:

Google

Error

Leider kann auf die von Ihnen angegebene Seite nicht zugegriffen werden.

http://mega-hz.no-ip.com/Angebote/Stereo/Stereo_small.html

Bitte aus dem Folgenden auswählen:

Gehe zurück zur vorherigen Seite

Zurück zu Google Übersetzer

Ansicht originale Seite

hey metal guy ive got my 130xe upgrade plan all ready now.. and i could send you the 130xe next week, i also have a 1200xl id like to upgrade and supe up too..

i also lost your address and heres what i was thinking

130xe as much memory as possibly, stereo pokey with stereo headphone jack, sio2sd also the custom chips getting fixed

1200xl, as much memory as possibly, stereo pokey with stereo jack and sio2sd and any other goodies you wanna throw on.

how much to do both of them.. and i can send at least one of them next week.

@all:

a packet from DE to US cost about 29euro (up to 5Kg weight),

so a combined order would put down the shipping costs a lot for everyone!

Hello Wolfram! There are some cheaper secure services: Deutsche Post offers registered air mail ("Großbrief International" with the additional service "Einschreiben International" - up to 500 g costing EUR 5.45 to Europe and EUR 8.05 worldwide and "Maxibrief International" with "Einschreiben International" up to 1 kg costing EUR 8.05 to Europe and EUR 14.05 worldwide) or registered DHL small parcels ("Päckchen" with the additional service "Nachweis" - up to 2 kg) costing EUR 10.60 to Europe and EUR 15.90 worldwide. These services may be of use especially for those who are unable to participate in group orders, e.g. because they do not live in the US.

Within the EU, Hermes PrivatPaketService offers cheap packages (EUR 9.90 if the packages longest and smallest sides do not exceed an added length of 30 cm, EUR 13.90 if they stay below 50 cm).

Thorsten

Hi thorsten,

that sounds good!

thanks a lot!

shipping for 5.45euro is very good!

@all: forget about those 29euro for shipping :)

for 5.45euro single orders are no problem i think...

if you like to order, please write a email to mega-hz :thumbsup: t-online.de with the subject "Atari Stereo"

thanks,

Wolfram.

Edited by mega-hz