IGNORED

Iron Chef Meltdown

The Codex

Oh yes, the 30-line game creation is not over my brothers and sisters! Here's another one hot from the ovens of Hell.

Based on the best cooking show ever, it's Iron Chef Meltdown - Kaga Goes Gaga!

post-25494-126887827904_thumb.png

Started as my second entry and only now completed, it's a Kaboom!-like affair where you control the five Iron Chefs in an attempt to rescue ingredients from the bell-pepper-maddened Chairman Kaga. If you've ever seen Iron Chef, it will make very little sense, and if you haven't, even less.

Hope you like anyway. :)

IRONCHEF.zip

Edited by The Codex

So that's why you didn't come drink beer... b/c something was cookin.

Oh yes, the 30-line game creation is not over my brothers and sisters! Here's another one hot from the ovens of Hell.

Started as my second entry and only now completed, it's a Kaboom!-like affair where you control the five Iron Chefs in an attempt to rescue ingredients from the bell-pepper-maddened Chairman Kaga. If you've ever seen Iron Chef, it will make very little sense, and if you haven't, even less.

IRONCHEF.zip

Could you do 2 things - 1 add some sounds. Random bits and buzzes might sound japanese - and speed up the movements your player can do.... Too slow and I miss things that I shouldn't... Perhaps a parsec style 1,2,3....

-H

So that's why you didn't come drink beer... b/c something was cookin.

IRONCHEF.zip

Thanks guys, I'll tweak the player speed and see if I can come up with some suitable sounds.

I'd really love to use speech synthesis in this, but it sounds garbled with CPU Overdrive on, and the speech library doesn't contain the "Engrish" I'd want anyway. :)

It looks fantastic!

Remember that when speaking in XB, your program is essentially hung, it can't do anything else.

As for the rest of the problems with speech.. slowly. :) Will get there eventually. Speech wouldn't be implemented in the half-assed way that it is at all if a certain 'Doctor' on the old TI list hadn't gone on a rant one day. ;)

Can't you use spget to get hunks of speech? And then mix 'em up? Should use few lines of code if that works as I remember it. Sort of Q*Bert esque....

It looks fantastic!

Remember that when speaking in XB, your program is essentially hung, it can't do anything else.

As for the rest of the problems with speech.. slowly. :) Will get there eventually. Speech wouldn't be implemented in the half-assed way that it is at all if a certain 'Doctor' on the old TI list hadn't gone on a rant one day. ;)

THE Doctor? Oh crap. Now I have an idea for a game. Damn you!

It looks fantastic!

That's right, I recall slicing up phonemes and assembling them manually back in the day now. Ah, good times. Maybe I'll get Chairman Kaga to shout "Allez cuisine!" yet. In the meantime, might have an idea for a smoother and more responsive player control, will have to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I can sympathise with that ending. FINISH HIM!!!

Still need to add sounds to this one, then I'll post it in the finished game thread. Gotta stop getting sidetracked. In the past few days I've started two more projects, one of which is a MIDI composer in Java from the ground up...