IGNORED

What pinball machines do you own?

Crazy Climber

When I was a kid, my dad had an old EM, called Time Zone. I loved it... then they got rid of it.

When I had my own place I restored up a Gottlieb Gold Wings. It was $250, and it was a starter project, so if I get a good one, I know how to work on it. I no longer have it.

I *really* want a Black Knight 2000, and a couple EM's. Thankfully EM's are cheap around here. I just don't have the room to get any pins at the moment.

That car is screaming "Paint me orange".... :D (Not kidding.)

What color you thinking?

I've been thinking about just keeping it simple. Highly polished black and chrome.

Not really sure, but that's my thought process so far.

I "MAY" upgrade the engine later on. It has a 350, so I may push it up to 396.

But, I'm not really sure I want to. The retro collector in me is telling me to keep it original. Although, I will order new interior kits for the seats. The seats are white, and I'm not too fond of that.

maybe I should do the 'Pimp my Ride' thing and add an Atari 2600 inside of the car! LOL Wouldn't that be funny?

A 455? Olds engine in a chevy? And it is a 402 not 403.

Ack! You're right. For some asinine reason I was mixing up Eric's Chevelle with my dad's '69 Cutlass, because I was just talking to my dad about dropping a new block into his car.

Olds made a 403 and a 455. I was talking to my dad about both of those options as his Cutlass only has a Rocket 350 in it (which is anything but a Rocket, lol).

454 all the way then. :thumbsup: ...spendy as hell, though.

Anyway enough off-topic, I am still looking for Space Shuttle for my first pin. :D

Ack! You're right. For some asinine reason I was mixing up Eric's Chevelle with my dad's '69 Cutlass, because I was just talking to my dad about dropping a new block into his car.

Olds made a 403 and a 455. I was talking to my dad about both of those options as his Cutlass only has a Rocket 350 in it (which is anything but a Rocket, lol).

Anyway enough off-topic, I am still looking for Space Shuttle for my first pin. :D

What are you looking to spend on the Space Shuttle pin.? The reason I ask is you are fairly close to me and I have a friend that has one that has been shopped and is pretty nice.

What are you looking to spend on the Space Shuttle pin.? The reason I ask is you are fairly close to me and I have a friend that has one that has been shopped and is pretty nice.

Fair price on it, beats me, I don't know much about pins. I've heard it's a good one to start with because it's not super-expensive but is still fun...

Perhaps I should start a blog for the chevelle. I have a feeling I am going to get crazy in love with it! LOL

I'm debating on upgrading and adding NOS emblems throughout the car to make it 'look' like say an SS or something. My wife thinks I'll be a fraud and shouldn't until I get the 396 in the car. What do you guys think?!

As for the pinball topic... there are a FEW that I would love to have.

I love Gogar. At one time, I had the 17th best score on PlayStation Network. I thought that was pretty high being that I just recently started playing it. I've got my eye on a few Gogar machines locally, but I really don't know if I have the room. I've pretty much decided that I think the Caribbean Cruise cocktail will never go away being it was my first pin. So I'm not sure if I'll get another one at this house. Yet... we are attempting to move in August again... so... it could be a possibility.

I also like Creature of the Black Lagoon, Haunted House, and Black Knight is fun as well.

Other than that... I'm not sure what other pins I like.

I agree that they can be dirt cheap. It all depends what kind of game it is, the condition, and how much work needs to be done.

If you don't mind a slightly beaten up EM machine, they can be had for $300-$400 pretty easily... some are cheaper.

I had to pass on a craigslist listing... an EM pin for $50, needed a little work. Unfortunately, I have zero room, couldn't snag it.

Fair price on it, beats me, I don't know much about pins. I've heard it's a good one to start with because it's not super-expensive but is still fun...

I recently sold mine for $700 which I think is fair market value ($650 to $850) just my opinion though ;)

I recently sold mine for $700 which I think is fair market value ($650 to $850) just my opinion though ;)

I'd gladly pay $700 for a Space Shuttle. I really like that pin. ^_^

I'd gladly pay $700 for a Space Shuttle. I really like that pin. ^_^

$700 is a decent price for a fair machine. A shopped Space Shuttle you are looking at $1000 easily.

Perhaps I should start a blog for the chevelle. I have a feeling I am going to get crazy in love with it! LOL

I'm debating on upgrading and adding NOS emblems throughout the car to make it 'look' like say an SS or something. My wife thinks I'll be a fraud and shouldn't until I get the 396 in the car. What do you guys think?!

As for the pinball topic... there are a FEW that I would love to have.

I love Gogar. At one time, I had the 17th best score on PlayStation Network. I thought that was pretty high being that I just recently started playing it. I've got my eye on a few Gogar machines locally, but I really don't know if I have the room. I've pretty much decided that I think the Caribbean Cruise cocktail will never go away being it was my first pin. So I'm not sure if I'll get another one at this house. Yet... we are attempting to move in August again... so... it could be a possibility.

I also like Creature of the Black Lagoon, Haunted House, and Black Knight is fun as well.

Other than that... I'm not sure what other pins I like.

What did the car originally come with? If you do not already know, you just look at the VIN and you can find out from there. The VIN will tell you everything you want to know (even the original color). From there you should have a starting point on what you want to do.

Edited by ericwierson

• 1 month later...

Fun House by Williams

I had an opportunity to get a Silverball Mania a few years ago, and I passed. :(

I should of picked it up... I loved playing that one back in the day.

Funhouse is probably my all time #1 favorite pin... I love it when you get him pissed and he almost swears.

YOU BIG....... SAUSAGE!

The best!!! :)

Fun House by Williams

I had an opportunity to get a Silverball Mania a few years ago, and I passed. :(

I should of picked it up... I loved playing that one back in the day.

OMFG. I'm so jealous. That thing is worth a LOT now. ^_^

I absolutely love that game.

Well, I've got 2 pinballs : one EM (Gottlieb Vulcan) and a SS (Bally Kings Of Steel).

I'm an old school pinball lover (no dot pinball of course, such machine are 50% video games / 50% pinball with noisy music, not my taste!).

Two shots in order to illustrate this topic :

oa6w_img_1914.jpg v1hs_img_1936.jpg