IGNORED

VCS (CONSOLE!) box

macdlsa

Hi

According to the conversation I just had with Iwan, it seems that there's no VCS' box scan around the net !

Only front or rear views.

I think that it will be a "good thing" for all those had lost their VCS' box...

Me, for example...

( I have a good way to build repro-boxes, and I'm goin' to do some for my loose cartridges... that's why ;)! )

Are you asking for one, or just making a statement?

I have a box for a Sears Tele Games heavy sixer, but it is torn on the ends. Even so, I do not know how it would be scanned. Most scanners will only go up to legal size at the largest, and a VCS box is much larger than that.

Yeah, I know it's almost impossible for "normal" scanners, BUT of course it could be done taking good "planar" pics with a camera: it would be never good as a real scan, but IF it's the only way...

I did it years ago for some vynil discs boxes: at that time I didn't have an hi-res camera (I think it was a 2Mpx at least... :ponder: ) but they were better than what I expected ;) !

SO

YES, if you ( ALL OF YOU owners of VCS'/2600s/JRs/5200/7800 boxes ) could do it... well, it would be VERY appreciate !

THNX :)

Of course if you need some boxes full-developement I can provide them !

(this attachment was reduced to a 768p.jpg from a 2818p.bmp only for upload it here...)

post-10922-126906963922_thumb.jpg

Of course if you need some boxes full-developement I can provide them !

Yes it would be very good. There are a few loose games i'd like to see boxed again in my shelf.

Do you have an idea of prices and quality of the print work?

Please keep us informed.

FroggerII rear scan isn't unfortunately available at the moment... my FrII cart is waiting it, too ;) !

Quality is very good ! The "almost-free" preview box that a cartonbox factory built for me is wonderful !

Prices ?

They told me that could be around 2-3 €uros per single box, but this is for "here"... I doubt that a Italy-to-U.S.A. shipping for a single box would be cheap... but if you want I'll ask postal service how much is.

Otherwise simply ask and I'll send you my works of course for free :)

post-10922-126912009287_thumb.jpg

FroggerII rear scan isn't unfortunately available at the moment... my FrII cart is waiting it, too  ;) !

Quality is very good ! The "almost-free" preview box that a cartonbox factory built for me is wonderful !

Prices ?

They told me that could be around 2-3 €uros per single box, but this is for "here"... I doubt that a Italy-to-U.S.A. shipping for a single box would be cheap... but if you want I'll ask postal service how much is.

Otherwise simply ask and I'll send you my works of course for free :)

Family-Guy--Freakin-Sweet-Magnet-C13110204.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

WOW !

... still no answer for my "simple" request... NO ONE has a shot of the heavy/light sixer box ???

:(

But I am so happy for those repro-boxes I just built !!!

post-10922-127067822715_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067824105_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067825268_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067826619_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067827841_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067828967_thumb.jpg

post-10922-127067829863_thumb.jpg

Not "professional" as others I've already seen "here", but I think they're good at all...

Edited by macdlsa

There are numerous sites that have thousands of cart label and box art scans available for download. The Cover Project has a pretty extensive library freely downloadable.

Trouble is also going to be finding a large format printer available with a fine pitch DPI ratio for printing the VCS box. How do you plan to do that?

A huge plotter could help...

I already have a friend who has a photolab and, of course, a giant plotter ;) !

Years ago he did all the repro-artworks for my Dragon's Lair cabinet, so I think he could produce an h-q printing for console box, too !

Maybe with adhesive paper to be attached to the "real" carton box !

_ numerous sites ??? ... still don't find any scan for ALL the VCS gox

A huge plotter could help...

I already have a friend who has a photolab and, of course, a giant plotter ;) !

Years ago he did all the repro-artworks for my Dragon's Lair cabinet, so I think he could produce an h-q printing for console box, too !

Maybe with adhesive paper to be attached to the "real" carton box !

_ numerous sites ??? ... still don't find any scan for ALL the VCS gox

Why don't you just buy a box? :?

Wiz:

maybe in US it could be simple... not the same here. Do you have a cheap box to sell me, where cheap is intended "1 piece <= 10€uros" (shipping included, OF COURSE) ?

I don't think...

Cebus:

they used a "simple" 300gr. carton (gr. stands for "grams" in our decimal weight measurement), so it's not like the original but it sure can't be deformed with a simple slight or with a breath ;) .

I still don't put inside the "repro-carton slot" to place the cart, which I think (and it's 100% sure) it could "reinforce" all the box structure.

Tz101:

I repeat: they're NOT professional... I could have spent more for a pro-bending (I still dont't know HOW much...), which could avoid me to make a "light-cut" line with a simple cutter (and that's why you see the white line on every edge..).

But I'll think of it, for sure... just yesterday that printing-company told me they inserted the "VCScarts facsimile" in their product list :lust: ! So I'll ask them if they could do a kind of "creasing" for bending the edges of the boxes, making'em looking much more better than those I already built !

BUT

I could have to deny it if the cost will raise to more than 2-3 €/piece !

I have 80 loose carts... so make your counts...

1€/piece= 80 €uros (and it's ok)

2-3 €/piece= 160/240 € (!!!too much money!!!... even if I think of print some boxes now and some other in a second/third/fourth time!)

Edited by macdlsa

Tz101:

I repeat: they're NOT professional... I could have spent more for a pro-bending (I still dont't know HOW much...), which could avoid me to make a "light-cut" line with a simple cutter (and that's why you see the white line on every edge..).

Have you tried scoring the intended fold with a 'bone folder' (it's a pointy but smooth piece of bone - they sell them at some art supply shops, or book binding business) or you could find something plastic like a disposable plastic knife - then you could fold without having to score the line.

post-23929-127098743452_thumb.jpg

Have you tried scoring the intended fold with a 'bone folder' (it's a pointy but smooth piece of bone - they sell them at some art supply shops, or book binding business) or you could find something plastic like a disposable plastic knife - then you could fold without having to score the line.

I've still haven't tried it!

But sure I'm thinkin' of do it, like 2-3 other ways to reach the "original-like" bending.

Of coure the "1-pixel white lines" that you can see in the templates are made to define the edges, but I'm sure they would not be seen with a perfect bending.

P.S.

The Lancia Fulvia HF 1.6 "fanalone" in your avatar...

I'm italian, and a huge fan of classic cars, so I have to ask you:

"WHY THAT CAR ?"

Do you also know the best Fulvia driver ever ?

Of course he was ( he IS ... 'cause he's still alive :D ) italian..

The "DRAGON" Sandro Munari !!!!

:D

I owned since 2 years ago an Abarth 595ss [http://picasaweb.google.com/macdlsa/Abarth595ss#]...... yup, since me and my family had money issues and I was forced to sell it :sad: :sad: :sad: !!!

Many roadtrip with this fabulous little car... and many memories... re- :sad: & SIGH !

What kind of cardstock do you use for those repro boxes? They look really good!

...other than the fact that they all have a noticeable white seam at all the edges. Is there not a means of printing them as foldable flats without the white seams?

I don't see you coming up with something better.

I think the boxes look really good! :thumbsup:

P.S.

The Lancia Fulvia HF 1.6 "fanalone" in your avatar...

I'm italian, and a huge fan of classic cars, so I have to ask you:

"WHY THAT CAR ?"

Do you also know the best Fulvia driver ever ?

Of course he was ( he IS ... 'cause he's still alive :D ) italian..

The "DRAGON" Sandro Munari !!!!

:D

I owned since 2 years ago an Abarth 595ss [http://picasaweb.google.com/macdlsa/Abarth595ss#]...... yup, since me and my family had money issues and I was forced to sell it :sad: :sad: :sad: !!!

Many roadtrip with this fabulous little car... and many memories... re- :sad: & SIGH !

Very nice car you had - and in amazing condition! Too bad you had to sell it!

Did it have Cromodora or Campagnolo wheels on it?

This is my Fulvia HF - it's a Second Series HF, 1972 - not a Fanalone - but just as fun ;)

post-23929-127107495536_thumb.jpg

They were Campagnolo wheels, for disc brakes, too (competition).

Your Fulvia is absolutely wonderful !!!

Cromodora wheels, white bounds, racing seats...

And that Impreza WRX ( model '95-99, I think... ) behind your car...

You sure are a rally fan ( like me ) !!!

They were Campagnolo wheels, for disc brakes, too (competition).

Your Fulvia is absolutely wonderful !!!

Cromodora wheels, white bounds, racing seats...

And that Impreza WRX ( model '95-99, I think... ) behind your car...

You sure are a rally fan ( like me ) !!!

oh - it has rally spec campagnolo wheels ;)