IGNORED

Game port prospect: Acorn Electron's Gunsmoke.

in8regs

3 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Edited 2 hours ago by RickyDean
ai spelling

CODEX? The codex was the historical ancestor of the modern book. Instead of being composed of sheets of paper, it used sheets of vellum, papyrus, or other materials. The term codex is often used for ancient manuscript books, with handwritten contents.

CODEC: CODER/DECODER

:ponder:

I'm using an older version of GOM player. Surprisingly I haven't installed ffmpeg on this computer! I'm using WIN10.

gomver.jpg.9b2d10065172a618ca471e88e8e31954.jpg

:)

• Like 1

GSV10.txt can be pasted into Classic99 and it seems to run properly under XB256. (After fixing the comments in the DATA statements)

S and D move the player left and right, J points the gun up, K points the gun down, and L fires the gun only when it is raised. The bullet travels at an angle of around 45 degrees.

This can be saved, compiled, assembled and loaded successfully.

When run, the compiled version behaves exactly like the XB256 version.

I don't know what your problem could be. Try again and see if it works this time. If it does not then please describe every step you take so I can try to see where the problem lies.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 3:36 PM, senior_falcon said:

I don't know how that can be. When the comments are in the data statements it will not run for me. Are you using Classic99?

I could not find any way to add a comment to a DATA statement

Currently I'm using Classic99 QI399.031 but also with the last version QI399.043 I got the same . Anyway with the DATA comment removing everthing was fine ... Thanks once again for your help

this could be for the gun?
CALL SOUND(100,110,0,130,5,34000,30,-8,0) :: FOR L=0 TO 30 STEP 15 :: CALL SOUND(-100,110,30,110,30,3400,30,-8,L) :: NEXT L

or

CALL SOUND(50,-6,0) :: FOR I=1 TO 30 STEP 10 :: CALL SOUND(200,-6,I) :: NEXT I

(it was present in a collection of sound fx I had)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

attached a draft version of the game I hope playable ... I'm still searching for a good sound effects and sound track (I thought that the motiv of magnificent seven 1960 could be nice ) anyone would like to contribute ? 

Any suggestion is welcome and please let me know in case of severe bugs... 

some adjustment ongoing are 

- check coincidence and distances 

- AI improvement

OLD DSKx.GSV11-X

RUN

GSV11-X.zip

• Like 3

just some performance improvement .... I'd like to insert some nice sound effect for example when enemy bullet "shave" the hero... like in the original game ...  soundtrack still missing 

Friend adviced  to implement joystick so keyboard is no loger available (playing with keyboard on Classic99 you can use right and left arrows and Q=fire)  

There are some intentional bugs like badguy on extremely left is immortal .... and  funny easteregg that slow down the motion ... sometimes the hero bullet cross the border but I didn't find the way to overcome the issue...

at the moment my record is 840 Pts ...  the bounty hunt is open and waits for you ;) 

From XB...

OLD GSV13-X

RUN

GSV13-X.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

so I played it on my stream, couple bugs/issues to report

1: every few shots my shot wraps the screen and keeps going 

2: i can't seem to shoot people in the upper windows/barn

3: if I shoot the opponent their shot keeps going and if it hits me I don't die

other than that lots of fun!  

Greg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

dear All,

I kindly ask you help with game soudtrack compiling. Finally with VGMComp2 I created the SBF file but I was not able to find the raw code of SBF file to be used as sound table in XB256 with SLCOMPILE/SLCONVERTER

thank a lot in advance for your help

I don't think any tool exists to convert between sbf and sound list format. What is your starting point, a vgm file?

13 minutes ago, Nick99 said:

I don´t know if it's for any help, but use the "QuickPlayer for VGMCOMP2" to convert the .sbf-file to EA5-file, maybe then you can use Soundlist ripper?

Unfortunately that won't work. The Sound List Ripper looks for sound list format in binary files, and Tursi's player is using his own compressed format so it won't find any.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

I kindly ask you help with game soudtrack compiling. Finally with VGMComp2 I created the SBF file but I was not able to find the raw code of SBF file to be used as sound table in XB256 with SLCOMPILE/SLCONVERTER

VGMComp2's entire purpose is a custom, compressed music format. There's no sound list, and the data access is not even linear. Converting it to sound list will make it much, much larger. 

Thus, you have to use the VGMComp2's playback routine to play the music.

There's nothing in it that prevents it from being used with XB, I suppose, and so it should be feasible to use it with the compiler. You'd have to assemble it for a compatible address (down in low RAM, I guess), and you'd have to store your music somewhere safe as well, then use a CALL LINK() to set it up to run on the vertical blank interrupt.

I haven't tested the compiler for a long time, and I've never actually tried to integrate asm with it. @senior_falcon, is there a post somewhere that provides a guide? I can take a quick stab at building the tools from my side to make it possible.

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

Write the assembly routines as usual for XB. They must called using CALL LINK.

Assembly routines must be in the "normal" location in low memory, from >24F4 to >3FFF.

Don't put anything in memory from >2000 to >24F3.

You can use the usual support routines such as STRASG, STREF, NUMASG, NUMREF, VSBW, VSBW,VMBW, VMBR, etc.

Get it to run so the assembly routines execute properly.

As usual with the compiler, all numbers must be integers. The option to use low memory for the compiled code cannot be used because the assembly routines are in low memory

Once you are to this point, the XB Compiler manual has instructions on how to include assembly routines with compiled code.

11 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

Write the assembly routines as usual for XB. They must called using CALL LINK.

Assembly routines must be in the "normal" location in low memory, from >24F4 to >3FFF.

Don't put anything in memory from >2000 to >24F3.

You can use the usual support routines such as STRASG, STREF, NUMASG, NUMREF, VSBW, VSBW,VMBW, VMBR, etc.

Get it to run so the assembly routines execute properly.

Does anything prevent use of the scratchpad workspace at >8300? (It looks busy, maybe >8320?)

Do you have a link to the current compiler manual? The copy I have in Classic99 is way out of date, and says assembly isn't allowed except for what's in XB256 ;) Though mostly I just wanted to check the legal workspace...

Edited by Tursi