IGNORED

Nice finds for 99 cents each!

Fixitguy74

I found a used movie, music and game place about 30 minutes from me that had small Atari section. All 2600 games were $.99 each and if you bought five the sixth was free. So naturally I had to find six that I didn't have in my collection. I got Fast Eddie, Tapeworm, M.A.D., Super Cobra, Coconuts and Cookie Monster Munch.

atarigames.jpg

sweet deal you got there. we need stores like yours here in Greece :(

i wouldn't mind driving for 3 hours or more :(

was the VCS ever released in Greece?? If so, how common was it?

of course it was :)

i have 3 6ers 4 jr and 2 vaders :)

we even had a distributor ELKAT or something although i grew up with a clone :D

sweet deal you got there. we need stores like yours here in Greece :(

i wouldn't mind driving for 3 hours or more :(

With the gas you'd spend for a trip like that, you're better off spending more on the games online.

Phil

well... it's either gas or shipment costs :D

Awesome find! It's so fun to find things like that in the wild! There was a records store where I come from called Dimple Records that sold Atari games. They weren't that cheap if I remember correctly. Maybe $2.99-$3.99 each which, to me, is much more than I expect them to be in the wild. They were common games, though. Even at their prices I would jump at the games you got as I don't have most of them.

I'm keeping this a secret so being the budget gamer that I am, I might still have a possible score spot. :P

Actually, I might have seen some of these. Anyways, just before Christmas, I picked up Rescue Terra I, Frankenstein's Monster, Pitfall II, California Games, Desert Falcon (the thing in the cartridge is stuck, so it won't go in the slot), and Robot Tank (doesn't work unless it's the first game I play).

• 1 month later...

Nice find. I have NO place around me that has any Atari 2600 carts "in the wild". All the little stores are gone now...even Hollywood Video is out of business. Only Walmart, Kmart, and Best Buy remain..

Man, you need to get out of that area for sure. Is all of New England starving for used game stores like that? I have six within an hours drive of my house plus 12 thrifts.

Nice find. I have NO place around me that has any Atari 2600 carts "in the wild". All the little stores are gone now...even Hollywood Video is out of business. Only Walmart, Kmart, and Best Buy remain..

soon everywhere will be like this, and we will be stuck with paying crazy prices on ebay, thats when i drop the hobby