IGNORED

Ack, found my holy grail item

coleconut

I knew it would happen one day, that item I'd been searching high and low for, would finally show up on Ebay.

It did, and as I reached for the mouse to bid, there were those words in all their horrendous glory

"Pick up only in Queensland, Australia".

I wish I'd never seen it now. Sigh........

Edited by coleconut

Hurry, Tell Us.

HomerHurry.gif

Ummm, its not as though I dont trust people but I kinda want to negotiate this delivery first. BTW, I said its my holy grail item, others I am sure will shrug and say "Who cares", its only a blank

Sorry....

When you get it in your greedy little palms, :P Let us know. :D

Hurry, Tell Us.

HomerHurry.gif

Ummm, its not as though I dont trust people but I kinda want to negotiate this delivery first. BTW, I said its my holy grail item, others I am sure will shrug and say "Who cares", its only a blank

Sorry....

When you get it in your greedy little palms, icon_razz.gif Let us know. icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_rolling.gif

Hurry, Tell Us.

Ok Ok the auction is over and I won.

Many wont be impressed because it is a bit of a niche collecting line but I am very happy to get this.

For $300USD, I get two boxed Spectravideo computers, software (she has much more than shown apparently), boxed tape drives, and the items that I have been seeking like FOREVER, the expansion box containing 3 expansion modules, 2 disk drives and the Colecovision adapter.

Last Colecovision adapter on Ebay that I saw went for $300 alone.

Ignore the huge shipping charge shown in the listing, I convinced the seller put some arbitrarily high amount and there is a note at the bottom of the listing and I have email exchanges to show that she will charge actual shipping only. Very nice seller, great to work with.

post-18191-126951823922_thumb.jpgpost-18191-126951824756_thumb.jpg

Yay

Colecovsion adapter. :-o That is very cool.:thumbsup: HHW

Yeah, there are at least 3 computers or consoles that made colecovision adaptors that I know of. I'm sure there was probably more for even more obscure consoles or computers.

This one, then one for the Creativision console(exists as a prototype at least, never seen a real one), and one for the Hanimex Pencil II computer. (also aka Soundic Pencil)

The adaptor for the Hanimex is different. The computer itself has a cart slot that is cart compatible with CV meaning it has the exact same cartridge profile. The games themselves are not ROM compatible. But the adaptor does not have a cart slot. You plug in the adaptor, then you can play the CV game right in the Hanimex slot. I show the Pencil II and the Creativision in Daniel Bienvenu's Youtube of last year's ADAMCon where I did a little presentation on hardware that was very close to the Coleco ADAM, i.e. Z80, TI video, similar architecture.

Different!

Wow, I had no idea they even had a coleco adapter. I've already promised to try and stop getting more computer stuff because it takes up so much space, but I keep wanting to gravitate that direction. As a gamer geek, there were lots of fun times to be had with computers and intermediate cross overs.

AX

Oh, I know man. I live in a freakin apartment. My better half is this close to wanting some stuff gone, but so far so good, she is pretty flexible. But the place is starting to look like something out of a "Hoarders" episode... Except none of it is garbage, right?? :ponder:

Oh, I know man. I live in a freakin apartment. My better half is this close to wanting some stuff gone, but so far so good, she is pretty flexible. But the place is starting to look like something out of a "Hoarders" episode... Except none of it is garbage, right?? :ponder:

We've been watching Hoarders down here, and since then started stopping off the side of the road to pick up unwanted chairs/vacuums?? Just the other day I was in Lowes and bought like 7 outdoor security lights because they were on sale,, Yes I see the similarities between obsessing collecting & hoarding. I think you're okay so long as you don't have to step on your collection to get to the bathroom. ;)

Congrats on the purchase! I've personally always wanted one of those myself. Well the computer/msx part never knew there was a CV adapter.